Whistle blower vs Privilege

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Re: Whistle blower vs Privilege

Post by John Q. Public » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:51 am

From our Beuller? Beuller? Department:

"If a foreign agent or a cutout for a foreign agent approaches any American politician, they should report that to the FBI" -Marco Rubio (R, Florida) June 13, 2019

"We know we shouldn’t tolerate any foreign intervention in American elections. Period." -John Thune (R, South Dakota) June 14, 2019

"Republicans across the board said they would never do what Mr. Trump suggested. I would go immediately to the authorities, period." -Thom Tillis (R, North Carolina) June 13, 2019

"Republicans across the board said they would never do what Mr. Trump suggested. Just say no. Turn it over." -Cory Gardner (R, Colorado) June 13, 2019

"Republicans across the board said they would never do what Mr. Trump suggested. Certainly, absolutely not." -Lisa Murkowski (R, Alaska) June 13, 2019

“I wouldn’t do it. I wouldn’t accept material like that.” -Joni Ernst (R, Iowa) June 13, 2019

“If a public official is approached by a foreign government offering anything of value, the answer is no — whether it be money, opposition research....” -Lindsey Graham (R, South Carolina) June 13, 2019
Don't look at me, I just work here.

broman

Post by broman » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:01 am

FYI, the source of all this is a book written by the Clinton Cash guy. Uranium One deal ring a bell?

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:12 am

The NY Times is reporting that Trump acknowledged that he raised corruption accusations against former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. during a phone call with Ukraine’s leader, a stunning admission as pressure mounted on Democrats to impeach Mr. Trump over allegations he leaned on a foreign government to help damage a political rival.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

broman

Post by broman » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:55 pm

Here is an article from the notorious right wing rag the New Yorker from July of 2019..... :roll:
https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2019 ... s-campaign

Hunter Biden, who is forty-nine, is described as a supportive son and sibling. In speeches, Biden rarely talks about Hunter. But news outlets on the right and mainstream media organizations, including the Times, have homed in on him, reprising old controversies over Hunter’s work for a bank, for a lobbying firm, and for a hedge fund, and scrutinizing his business dealings in China and Ukraine.

There is little question that Hunter’s proximity to power shaped the arc of his career, and that, as the former aide told me, “Hunter is super rich terrain.” But Donald J. Trump and some of his allies, in their eagerness to undermine Biden’s candidacy, and possibly to deflect attention from their own ethical lapses, have gone to extreme lengths, promoting, without evidence, the dubious narrative that Biden used the office of the Vice-President to advance and protect his son’s interests.

As the former senior White House aide put it, there was a perception that “Hunter was on the loose, potentially undermining his father’s message.” The same aide said that Hunter should have recognized that at least some of his foreign business partners were motivated to work with him because they wanted “to be able to say that they are affiliated with Biden.” A former business associate said, “The appearance of a conflict of interest is good enough, at this level of politics, to keep you from doing things like that.”

Has any of Hunters business dealings been been formally accused of criminal activity beyond FOX NEWS and Rudy G. restating on to the theories outlined by Peter "Clinton Cash" Schweizer?

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:32 am

Wabash wrote:Trump said, and I quote, "my crimes can't be investigated while I'm president."

That pegs the needle on the ol' ironometer.
You really should stop posting falsehoods Wabash. Where did you get the quote from?

Turns out he said nothing of the kind.

Did Donald Trump Admit Criminal Wrongdoing, Argue ‘My Crimes Can’t Be Investigated While I’m President’?

The Vanity Fair article did not quote Trump or any of his representatives or lawyers admitting any criminal action on his part, and it attributed the legal argument in question to the president’s lawyers (not the president himself). The article also made clear that the statement, “It’s illegal to investigate a sitting president for any crimes he may have committed,” was the author’s own summary of what Trump’s attorneys had written, rather than a direct quotation from their court filings. (more)

snopes.com/fact-check/trump-my-crimes-investigated/
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:41 am

Thank you for the correction.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:01 am

Trump's lawyers are also wrong. The Constitution doesn't say the president can't be investigated. A much later Justice Department opinion said he can only be prosecuted by Congress and not in criminal or civil court but it said nothing about being investigated. That's the decision they're pushing for but it isn't current law.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:53 pm

This one rates a "WOW!"

Tommy Tar

Post by Tommy Tar » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:24 pm

I find it odd how strangely quiet the Clintons and Obamas have been the last few days :eh?: I don't even remember them coming out to defend VP Biden. I would think the President and Secretary of State would know all about what happened.
‘I Haven’t Seen Democrats This Mad Since We Freed the Slaves!’..... Rob Schneider.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:31 pm

Clinton and Obama are not in the White House.

I don't find their silence odd at all.

Though it is very predictable you or someone like you would attempt a tu quoque argument.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:32 pm

What do you think about what Trump did, Tommy?
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Tommy Tar

Post by Tommy Tar » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:53 pm

Tommy Tar wrote:I find it odd how strangely quiet the Clintons and Obamas have been the last few days :eh?: I don't even remember them coming out to defend VP Biden. I would think the President and Secretary of State would know all about what happened.
Looks like Hillary Clinton did come out about Trump. So I take half if this back.
‘I Haven’t Seen Democrats This Mad Since We Freed the Slaves!’..... Rob Schneider.

Tommy Tar

Post by Tommy Tar » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:55 pm

Omar Bongo wrote:What do you think about what Trump did, Tommy?
I wont know what the President did until the trial. I'll get back to you.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:54 pm

Obama's been pretty quiet throughout Donald's presidency. It's what ex-presidents do.

And there's nothing to defend Biden over, so why would anyone defend him? Unless they're into pig wrestling.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:57 pm

Tommy Tar wrote:I wont know what the President did until the trial. I'll get back to you.
I believe Trump is innocent till proven guilty.

Just like Hillary.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:09 pm

I won't know what the President did until the trial

Come on, Tommy. In your heart, you know...but anything he did is okay as long as he gets to keep appointing judges, right?
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:36 pm

Pence would pick the same judges. Donald can't even spell "nominate," I don't know why anyone would think he's doing the selecting. I just can't understand the spell Trump has cast over Republicans. Pence wouldn't be a lot different from Trump but he would be a lot more stable. I really don't get it.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:40 pm

Can anyone say "Logan Act?"

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:38 am

John Q. Public wrote:Pence wouldn't be a lot different from Trump
Different enough that he wouldn't be able to lie, cheat and steal while leading 50 million mouthbreathers around by the nose no matter how childish, vulgar and corrupt he behaved
George Will

Donald Trump

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:44 am

McConnell has already stated that any impeachment will be dropped in the Senate.

They're not even trying to hide their bias and corruption.

Remember the good old days when the GOP claimed to be the party of law and order?

Good times, eh?