Whistle blower vs Privilege

Omar Bongo

Re: Whistle blower vs Privilege

Post by Omar Bongo » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:26 pm

Tommy Tar wrote:I wont know what the President did until the trial. I'll get back to you.
Well, that didn't take long. Still in the dark about what the President did?

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:44 pm

Devin Nunes, the gift that keeps on giving:

"Democrats on this very committee negotiated with people who they thought were Ukrainians in order to obtain nude pictures of Trump"

:shock: :shock:

Reactions on twitter:

Nunes says Democrats wanted "nude pictures of Trump."

No one wants that

Devin wants that

Botanists who study fungi want that

I think I speak for every human being who has ever existed that no one wants to see that. Ever.

Not even for $130,000

https://twitter.com/reuterszengerle/sta ... 1917168643
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:11 pm

ludovico.jpg
ludovico.jpg (31.71 KiB) Viewed 271 times
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:21 pm

John Q. Public wrote:I get a pretty distinct feeling that Donald bought Lutsenko.
Have no idea why anyone would think that. Lutsenko closed the investigation into Burisma and its owner in 2017. This year after Lutsenko met with Giuliani and discussed Burisma he reopened the investigation into the company. What's the problem?

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:45 pm

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:22 pm

Does Giuliani not understand that the involvement of Volker and the State Department make this scandal substantially worse? Or does he know that and just wants to take them all down with him?

I'm going with clueless. America's former mayor ain't exactly the brightest bulb in Trump's orbit, and that's saying a lot.
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:49 am

He just won't give his team a chance to catch their breath...file this one under unabashed Presidential witness intimidation, apparently channeling Tony Soprano:

"...he or she or whoever the hell it is — sort of like, almost, a spy. I want to know who’s the person that gave the whistleblower, who’s the person that gave the whistleblower the information, because that’s close to a spy. You know what we used to do in the old days when we were smart? Right? With spies and treason, right? We used to handle them a little differently than we do now.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... ar-AAHVh08
George Will

Donald Trump

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:28 am

It's just like Watergate. But with morons.

I'm betting this is a good depiction of the Oval Office yesterday.

[bbvideo=560,315]https://youtu.be/dgoDvnebHRw[/bbvideo]
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

broman

Post by broman » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:33 am

Apparently there were plenty of Ukrainians who were willing and ready to tell Rudy and other right wing hacks what they wanted to hear about every deep state conspiracy imaginable.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:40 am

Trump demands Schiff’s resignation over characterization of Ukraine call.

SMH

DQOTUS
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:39 am

Ouch.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:21 am

Graham was an attorney in the USAF. He's also been a senator for a long time. One would think he would know the rules and the law better.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:37 am

Maybe one of the Trump supporters can detail a time when an innocent person threatened a whistle blower.

I can't think of one.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:30 pm

Great news, government actually works! After we learned that Trump's goons concealed his conversations with foreign leaders on a secret server, the State Department is now investigating...Hillary's private emails.

"President Donald Trump's administration is investigating the emails of dozens of current and former senior State Department officials who sent emails to then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's private email, The Washington Post reported Saturday.

Current and former officials tell the Post that as many as 130 officials have been contacted in recent weeks by investigators at the State Department. Those targeted, including senior officials as well as others in lower-level jobs, have been notified that emails they sent years ago have been retroactively classified and now are potential security violations..."

https://us.cnn.com/2019/09/28/politics/ ... index.html
George Will

Donald Trump

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:43 pm

Deflection.

Tommy Tar

Post by Tommy Tar » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:38 pm

‘I Haven’t Seen Democrats This Mad Since We Freed the Slaves!’..... Rob Schneider.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:23 pm

Not sure what you're trying to say by posting that. Can you express your thoughts in English?

Do you think the State Department is doing their job and serving the country well by focusing on Hillary's emails at this late date? Trump himself told the Russians he's “unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries.” So foreign enemies get a free pass but not Americans...great.
George Will

Donald Trump

broman

Post by broman » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:25 pm

I would like you to do us a favor, though, because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it. I would like you to find out what happened with this whole situation with Ukraine, they say CrowdStrike … I guess you have one of your wealthy people … The server, they say Ukraine has it.

the president seems to be alluding to an idea that alt-right commentators and pro-Russia sympathizers have pushed for years: that CrowdStrike was wrong about Russia hacking the DNC—and, moreover, that CrowdStrike intentionally blamed Russia for political reasons.

They say CrowdStrike is owned by a Ukrainian billionaire. (A cofounder of the Calif.-based company was born in Moscow and moved to America as a teenager.)

Further, the notion that there is some missing "server," and that the server might exist somewhere—like in Ukraine—has no basis in reality. The DNC's network consisted of many servers and computers which either had be put out to pasture, rebooted, or rebuilt to rid them of malware and intruders.
https://fortune.com/2019/09/28/crowdstr ... p-ukraine/

Somebody convinced Trump this nonsense was true so he was directing the United States Attorney General to coordinate with the Ukrainians. Scary times..... :hide:

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:57 pm

I don't think Donald quite understands what a server is*, what kind of magical information might be on it, why it would be on it, or why it would be physically hidden away on the other side of the world. That isn't how digital subterfuge works.

* Well, I know he doesn't, but, you know, CONSPIRACY!

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:00 am

Omar Bongo wrote:QR_BBPOST Not sure what you're trying to say by posting that. Can you express your thoughts in English?
Apparently all he's got are those childish video clips.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada