Mater Dei v St John Bosco - Trinity League Super Bowl 2019

cruiser

Re: Mater Dei v St John Bosco - Trinity League Super Bowl 2019

Post by cruiser » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:25 pm

Daforno wrote:Bosco has every "right" to control the seats as it is THEIR stadium, it's just not the best idea.

Why not give the fans a truly great game where a good 10,000 can show up.

If you are the better team you will win, the home field thing at this level is over rated.

The home field "may affect" the refs, other than that, the best team will win, and besides these 2 will be playing for all the marbles later anyway on a neutral field.

MD should win no matter who they are playing in front of. Bosco should show a little class and move it, but probably too late.

True, Bosco does have every "right" to control the seats in their stadium so why make a fake
front about it in how they are selling the tickets, just be "real" about it, they probably
worked it out where the fan break down for the game, will be 4000-4200 Bosco fans and/or
800-1000 MD fans able to attend the game. It is what it is...

I'm wondering if a section of the visitor side might be Bosco fans and that could be "real" interesting...
Last edited by cruiser on Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OutOfState

Post by OutOfState » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:41 pm

I can’t blame Bosco for not wanting to move the venue. But making the seats on the visitor side available to Bosco people first is total bush league. If you are going to resort to that then you should have changed the venue.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:03 pm

Sorry to bring up politics but this smells like holding the G7 at Doral...having the "right" and doing the right thing are two different things

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Post by FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:53 pm

Omar Bongo wrote: Sorry to bring up politics but this smells like holding the G7 at Doral...
Wait, is that the same guy who said these things?:
Omar Bongo wrote: Take it to the political forum snowflake...let's stick to HS football here
Omar Bongo wrote: Let's also hope no one else injects their petty political commentary into a thread supposedly about HS football...
Omar Bongo wrote: Hate to distract from the political diversions
:roll: :roll:

Credo had this guy figured a long time ago:
Credo ut intelligam wrote: Just ignore the petty political commentary on the signature that accompanies my every post on this thread that is supposedly about HS football...
MD v BOSCO HS FOOTBALL THREAD.....take that other garbage out of our consciousness and go with it

WantTheNFLBack714

Post by WantTheNFLBack714 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:56 pm

I believe Veterans Stadium in Long Beach, holds more seating capacity than the Santa Ana Bowl right?

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:13 pm

Like OutofState said, the visitors side should be for visitors...Do they think this will give them some sort of advantage in the game?

BTW I highly recommend the "ignore" function, you eliminate reams of twitter cut & paste and whiney, repetitive personal attacks leaving the actual intelligent commentary intact. Best of all you get to see people following you around like a puppy dog and don't have to scroll past their their off-topic garbage anymore... :thumbsup:
FatherSonHolyHldbcks, who is currently on your ignore list, made this post.
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Post by FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:22 pm

joefutbol wrote: That's called irony.
The only thing ironic is someone calling themselves “joefutbol” and critiquing others “knowledge” about HS football, while simultaneously criticizing the “QBR” of a 10th grade quarterback who has been injured for nearly the entire season. Probably should go with “joedirt” or “joedumba—”

Instead of giving us useless information about how you’ve creepily followed the alleged craigslist sales of HS football tickets for two years, can you turn your attention to something on the actual thread topic?

Like whether Bryce Young is going to be affected at all by Kourt Williams, Ma’a Gaote’ote and the Bosco defense’s blitzes, any moreso than he was by St Frances Academy’s 6 and 7 man pressures on the same field last month?

Or if DJ is going to be able to maintain his composure in the pocket — unlike in 3 of his first 4 games against MD — and read the Monarchs mixed coverages while moving his feet when necessary to deliver accurate passes as MD heats him up and challenges his suspect protection with its own blitzes?

Sorry, talking actual football might be too much to ask, joey.

WantTheNFLBack714

Post by WantTheNFLBack714 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:31 pm

I believe Bosco is slightly better on Offense this year than compared to last year right? its only on Defense they are weaker this year?

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Post by FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:32 pm

For those of us interested in talking about the actual Mater Dei and Bosco football game and not the G7 summit or Trump, it’s a good thing Omar can’t see directions to stop wasting our time and space while completely contradicting himself by posting political garbage meant for another thread. Ironically apropos ignore function advertisement there :cheers:

And since you allegedly can’t “hear” me OB, I’ll just tell everyone else that it’s totally normal and not obsessive at all to write entire paragraphs about how nice it is to have finally figured out how to ignore the people that you’re still writing entire paragraphs about :lol:

On the seating issue, if Bosco really did sell a bunch of visitor side seats to Bosco fans, the stands over there are gonna be LIVE. May need another platoon of the yellow coats in the aisles

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:43 am

FatherSonHolyHldbcks wrote:can you turn your attention to something on the actual thread topic?
I could, but I'd rather continue to point out the outrageously stupid things you post. I'm gonna be busy.

hit the lights

Post by hit the lights » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:36 am

This is the superbowl of high school football, and its a league game. I would think, this would be a big turn out. How many does Bosco seat? They could afford to play at cerritos college.
No doubt Bosco can upset MD, and no doubt MD can destroy bosco. What will it be?
MD has beat some pretty good teams, and Bosco's close call to Swervite, has me leaning MD.

OutOfState

Post by OutOfState » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:17 am

For what it's worth Calpreps predicts a Bosco win. :eh?: Makes me wonder why a team their computers rank #1 would lose on a neutral field?

CALPREPS.COM
Your source for high school football scores, standings & rankings

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2019] St. John Bosco (Bellflower, CA) 31, [2019] Mater Dei (Santa Ana, CA) 30

Kuppster

Post by Kuppster » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:36 am

My heart could not handle a 31-30 victory or loss.

Kuppster

Post by Kuppster » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:41 am

WantTheNFLBack714 wrote:I believe Bosco is slightly better on Offense this year than compared to last year right? its only on Defense they are weaker this year?
Defense this year is nowhere near last years defense. I miss Steele and mcduffie.

I like the balance of last years offense more. Holani was key. The passing game this season is certainly better but the running game just isn’t there. Sandbeast is still hesitant to let it go and the 2 sophomores are just too small to be effective all game. And last years team had Keith savage backing up holani.

Kuppster

Post by Kuppster » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:58 am

Nobody answered why Coach Terry is suspended. Was he?

OldSunsetFan

Post by OldSunsetFan » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:13 pm

cruiser wrote:True, Bosco does have every "right" to control the seats in their stadium so why make a fake
front about it in how they are selling the tickets, just be "real" about it, they probably
worked it out where the fan break down for the game, will be 4000-4200 Bosco fans and/or
800-1000 MD fans able to attend the game. It is what it is...

I'm wondering if a section of the visitor side might be Bosco fans and that could be "real" interesting...
“They will know we are Christian by our love”. Bosco will never be the same again ...... they are chicken Sh*ts

WantTheNFLBack714

Post by WantTheNFLBack714 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:30 pm

me and my family unfortuneately, switched to a new TV service, AT&T, we previously had Spectrum but we changed it because the bill was getting too expensive, but AT&T is turning out to be quite unreliable, so we are switching back to DirectTV, but that's gonna take a few days, because I don't see Fox Sports West on AT&T as a channel option.

WantTheNFLBack714

Post by WantTheNFLBack714 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:06 pm

i wonder if any sports bars in the area will be showing the game on TV there, since sadly, I don't get DirectTV back until next Monday.

Kuppster

Post by Kuppster » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:00 pm

WantTheNFLBack714 wrote: i wonder if any sports bars in the area will be showing the game on TV there, since sadly, I don't get DirectTV back until next Monday.
of course. Just ask them to change to the game.

RPW

Post by RPW » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:44 pm

WantTheNFLBack714 wrote: me and my family unfortuneately, switched to a new TV service, AT&T, we previously had Spectrum but we changed it because the bill was getting too expensive, but AT&T is turning out to be quite unreliable, so we are switching back to DirectTV, but that's gonna take a few days, because I don't see Fox Sports West on AT&T as a channel option.
DirectTV and AT&T are the same company now. I stream AT&T Now (formerly DirectTV now).
I am The Voice of Reason