Mater Dei v St John Bosco - Trinity League Super Bowl 2019

Domingo

Re: Mater Dei v St John Bosco - Trinity League Super Bowl 2019

Post by Domingo » Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:04 pm

LB Poly is too good. Eisenhower still fighting to keep it close.

dont be that guy

Post by dont be that guy » Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:29 pm

Quick Question- 4th and Goal and a pass interference call happens in the end zone and they replay 4th down. How is that not an automatic 1st down?

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol » Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:39 pm

So many Catholics out there tonight...

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:44 pm

Ugly. There is only one way these guys will learn their lesson...if there is a rematch I like Bosco's chances
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:46 pm

MD Football twitter:

Game over. MD kneels to victory and defeats SJB 38 - 24. Well played by both sides. Another great game Monarchs. Way to step it up.

What game was this guy watching?
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump

WantTheNFLBack714

Post by WantTheNFLBack714 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:35 pm

time of possession was the main difference in tonights game, Rollo sounds like he is considering Bryce Young the best QB he has ever had in his 31 seasons as MD H.C., I still feel that Bosco is haunted by last years demoralizing title game loss to MD, in which Bosco was loaded with talent in that game, I still feel that loss is gonna haunt Bosco for a while, for years to come.

It reminds me, MD has a knack, is known for major upsets, I believe they did that to Eisenhower and Bishop Amat in the 90's, in which Eisenhower and Bishop Amat were the odds-on favorites. LB Poly in 1998 I think is another one, but not as major as those previous I mentioned, because they didn't have National title implications. 2018 Bosco was another, which I still believe Bosco is haunted by.
Last edited by WantTheNFLBack714 on Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cruiser

Post by cruiser » Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:36 pm

Omar Bongo wrote:Ugly. There is only one way these guys will learn their lesson...if there is a rematch I like Bosco's chances
Yeh, I seem to agree, can't see either team losing until the D1 final. IMO, the game will be much closer, -
If Ricks and Warren-Green had not transferred out, I don't think any team in the nation could have
touched MD this season.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:42 pm

They miss Ricks bigtime...watched him in the IMG-SFA game, kinda felt bad for him, hope he's not regretting his decision
George Will

Donald Trump

WantTheNFLBack714

Post by WantTheNFLBack714 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:48 pm

MD is still obviously doing fine without Elias Ricks, still undefeated, hopefully Bosco can be inspired by how MD turned the tables on them last season when it mattered the most, but keyword, more than unlikely to happen, but I can see it being a possibility if Bosco has more time of possession.

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:01 pm

cruiser wrote:If Ricks and Warren-Green had not transferred out, I don't think any team in the nation could have
touched MD this season.
And where do you think they'd be if Bryce Young didn't transfer in?

OutOfState

Post by OutOfState » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:45 am

cruiser wrote:If Ricks and Warren-Green had not transferred out, I don't think any team in the nation could have touched MD this season.
MD seems to be doing just fine without those 2 guys.

templar83

Post by templar83 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:21 am

cruiser wrote: If Ricks and Warren-Green had not transferred out, I don't think any team in the nation could have
touched MD this season.
Isn't the fact they're 9-0 at this point indicative of the fact they've yet to be " touched " this season?

hit the lights

Post by hit the lights » Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:01 am

So there it was highly anticipated preps superbowl.
MD,looked to be a couple notches above Bosco. For Rollo to say Young is the best he's ever coached, wow! That is saying alot. I mean, he can do it all, hes committed to Bama, and runs and throws the rock like nobody else. Lets be real though, where would MD be without that OLINE?? Im sure Young would be the first to tell you, its those guys upfront. Young looked like Tom Brady up there, all the time in the world to pick apart the Bosco D. But , when it broke down, Young broke out. Kid is elusive, always keeping his eyes down field, and excellent decision maker. God, how does SC let him slip away???? Hes a So Cal kid at MD.
The question is now, will MD get newly offered from Alabama, Freshman at Los Alamitos, Nelson??
Others in D-1....
Mission Viejo beats up on San Clemente, but not by as much as some thought, 38-6.
Servite beats up another Trinity foe.
Jserra blanks OLU

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:10 am

I can't believe the hits Young takes and just bounces right back up, the guy must be made of rubber

Did #6 get ejected for the helmet to helmet? That was about as egregious as it gets...

P.S. Told ya 14.5 was too much :wink:
George Will

Donald Trump

cruiser

Post by cruiser » Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:24 am

Ya, #6 should have been ejected but lucked out and only got a personal foul on it - such
is officiating.

jb914

Post by jb914 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:07 am

Omar Bongo wrote:They miss Ricks bigtime...watched him in the IMG-SFA game, kinda felt bad for him, hope he's not regretting his decision
ahh, yea, i'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you there. I'd say they miss Bennett or Ware-Hudson more. I don't think MD's defense pressured DJ as much last night as in the CIF game last season. DJ has improved on his passing under pressure though.

MD had some stupid penalties, but, some of the calls were very suspect and there were some that should have been called against Bosco that were just missed. Bosco #6 had two plays where he could have been ejected for targeting. Once where he was called for personal foul late hit and the other was later in the game where he hit a MD receiver (epps?) and then stood over him.

MD stopped themselves in the 2nd half and Bryce took some sacks where he should have just dumped the ball OB. IMHO this game was a lot like the 2017 game at El Camino College. MD seemed to control the entire game. Bosco made some late game runs, but, couldn't convert and fell short. 2017 was 10 pt this one was 14.

WantTheNFLBack714

Post by WantTheNFLBack714 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:05 pm

if there is a rematch again for when it matters most, hopefully, keyword hopefully, Bosco turns the tables, but it looks like Rollo will be getting one for the thumb, in terms of national titles, if it does happen, MD will be the second CA team to have a 3-peat ranked number 1 in the nation, I believe DLS is the only one so far, it won't surprise me if MD even surpasses DLS's number of seasons finishing ranked number 1 in the nation. Which I believe DLS has done 7 times.

makes me wonder who will reload better next season, Bosco or MD, but I have to pick MD, MD just rose to a whole new level of dominance after the 2016 season. 5-1 against Bosco since 2016.

Domingo

Post by Domingo » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:10 pm

In the rematch I see LB Poly cleaning up the penalties and beating Eisenhower by 21 minimum. Jackrabbits should have been up by 28 at the half. Ike simply doesn't have the horses this year.

templar83

Post by templar83 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:18 pm

Domingo wrote: In the rematch I see LB Poly cleaning up the penalties and beating Eisenhower by 21 minimum. Jackrabbits should have been up by 28 at the half. Ike simply doesn't have the horses this year.
“If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass

OldSunsetFan

Post by OldSunsetFan » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:47 pm

Mater Dei plays as one defense (a team) so we are more then happy with Senior Nate White, All-American Junior Jaylin Davies, Sophomores Domani Jackson (AA and 5 Star), Joshua Hunter and Cameron Sidney along with Freshman Vai Petero who has been on the field a lot.