The Trump Impeachment Inquiry

Wabash

Re: The Trump Impeachment Inquiry

Post by Wabash » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:18 am

The latest GOP theory seems to be that unsuccessful attempts at crimes are NOT crimes.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:27 pm

What are they saying on the "other" board?

broman

Post by broman » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:22 pm

Sean Hannity on Ambassador Yovanovitch's testimony....

We just get more testimony, and more testimony, yes, another self-important very narcissist diplomat snowflake who can't take minor, tiny baby criticism
https://www.mediamatters.org/sean-hanni ... rcissistic

Life long diplomat serving overseas in the Ukraine during and after the Russian annexation of Crimea, after the murder of Ukrainian human rights worker is a snowflake? I said this a couple of times before, there is a bloodlust for anybody and anything that gets in the way of Trump's mandate to power. Scary.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:53 pm

...another self-important very narcissist...

Oh, irony!
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

ShiftyMutt

Post by ShiftyMutt » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:12 pm

When exposing a crime is treated like committing a crime you’re ruled by criminals

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:34 pm

Exactly
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:07 am

Numerous outlets are reporting the House is investigating whether or not Trump lied to Mueller.

#lockhimup
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:00 am

A decorated Army officer has to worry about his family's personal safety because of threats he is receiving from supporters of the president. The Army has or is considering moving he and his family to a nearby base to ensure their safety.

Let that sink in for a moment.

Then remind us about how they support the troops and are thankful for their service.

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:07 am

Did you forget how to post a link?
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

crayegg
Oversight Committee

Post by crayegg » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:12 am

What's with the snark? According to JQP nobody clicks links anyway.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:18 am

Devin Nunes: "Mr. Vindman, you testified--"

Vindman: "Ranking Member, it is 'Lieutenant Colonel, please.'"

#smackdown

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:40 am

I saw a headline about Vindman moving on-base, too. No link needed.

Then I heard Rep. Radcliffe's monologue about none of the witnesses using the word "bribery." David Frum summed that up well.

https://twitter.com/davidfrum/status/11 ... 25186?s=20
Don't look at me, I just work here.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:50 am

Vindman: "Ranking Member, it is 'Lieutenant Colonel, please.'"

Actually, in Army terms there is a significance. "Mr." is what you call a Warrant Officer. Nobody would ever call a Colonel "Mister".

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:53 am

Like I said. So much for "supporting the troops" and "thank you for your service."

The GOP line of questioning immediately attacked his loyalty as an American soldier because his lineage is from the Ukraine.

Absolutely shameful and pathetic.

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:25 pm

[quote]I saw a headline about Vindman moving on-base, too. No link needed.[/quote]

Hmm.

[size=150][b]Alexander Vindman has reached out to Army about his family's safety amid attacks by Trump and GOP lawmakers[/b][/size]

[i]Washington (CNN)Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, the National Security Council official testifying publicly as part of the House impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump, has reached out to the US Army about the security of his family as he comes under repeated attack by Trump and his allies.

The Army has had conversations with Vindman about the security of his family, a US defense official told CNN. These conversations were initiated at the request of the Vindmans, the source said. As of now, the Army does not believe there is an imminent security threat against the decorated veteran, the defense official said....

The defense official said that because of the concerns Vindman and his family have expressed, the Army is taking steps it would normally pursue in these situations, coordinating with local law enforcement and checking the Vindmans' computers.

The defense official told CNN there has been no serious consideration of moving the family yet, but said that in theory the Army would take such a step if the security situation merited it.[/i]

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/19/politics ... index.html

Yet according to wabash:

"The Army has or is considering moving he and his family to a nearby base to ensure their safety.

Let that sink in for a moment."

I'm just wondering what source told him about the Army considering the move?
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:58 pm

Trump's media minions were also accusing him of grandstanding for wearing his uniform...smh

"Rep. Sean Patrick Maloney said Vindman's father would likely be worried that he is putting himself up against the president of the United States.

Vindman said his father would be deeply worried about that because he would consider it the "ultimate risk."

Maloney then asked why he had confidence that he could do that and tell his dad not to worry.

Here's what Vindman said:

"Congressman, because this is America. This is the country I served and defended, that all my brothers have served, and, here, right matters.""

Mic drop...

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/ ... 588b35a743

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:10 pm

He somehow knew they would try to attack his capability. He brought copies of his last performance appraisal and read it in response.

Sure enough. The idiot GOP Rep. Jordan claimed Vindman's boss stated;

“Your colleagues had concerns about your judgment and your colleagues felt that there were times when you leaked information. Any idea why they have those impressions, Colonel Vindman?”

To which Vindman replied (reading from his performance evaluation);

“Alex is a top 1% military officer and the best Army officer I have worked with in my 15 years of government service. He is brilliant, unflappable, and exercises excellent judgment’—I’m sorry—‘Was exemplary during numerous visits,’ so forth and so on. I think you get the idea.”

Jordan should have read Sun Tzu's Art of War.

"Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:31 pm

Jordan is a complete joke, he's flailing and it's painfully obvious. He was brought in because they didn't have anyone on the committee more capable than Devin Nunez, which is a pretty sad commentary on the Republican Party itself.
George Will

Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:36 pm

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:54 am

I'm watching the hearings right now. Sondman is throwing Trump and Giuliani under the bus. Then asking the driver to back up and drive over them again.