The Trump Impeachment Inquiry

Wabash

Re: The Trump Impeachment Inquiry

Post by Wabash » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:58 am

I would have paid a small FOR-TOON if Dr. Hill would have said to Rep. Jordan during one of his idiot tirades.

"Sir, you seem a bit emotional, would you like some time to compose yourself?"
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:05 am

News outlets are reporting that Republican lawmakers on Capitol Hill are working with the White House to prepare for the likely Senate impeachment trial of President Donald Trump.

In any other trial in the United States, if the jury and the defendant were communicating before the trial (much less coordinating strategy), that would result in an immediate mistrial. In the current political environment, however, it barely raises eyebrows when we learn that the President and his jury are cooperating.

#kangaroocourt
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:01 am

[quote]In any other trial in the United States...[/quote]

This definitely isn't any other trial. Don't confuse this political act with a criminal trial.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:22 am

Does Jordan own a jacket? Or a shirt that fits? He looks like an out-of-work car salesman who spent all day at the unemployment office.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:17 pm

More rats fleeing the sinking ship and looking out for their own skin.

The Daily News is reporting:

NEW YORK — Lev Parnas says he has “hard evidence” of wrongdoing by President Donald Trump — and he wants America to hear it.

A lawyer for the associate of Rudy Giuliani is pushing the impeachment committee to call him to testify about what he knows about Trump’s plan to bully Ukraine.

“The evidence of #POTUS knowingly interacting with him is beyond cavil, and he has hard — hard — first-hand evidence. So, #LetLevSpeak,” said Joseph Bondy on Twitter early Friday morning.

broman

Post by broman » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:20 pm

Which narrative are you going to believe? The ambassadors ,diplomats, CIA, and the FBI that make up the Deep State telling you Russia hack the DNC, and there is nothing to investigate about Joe Biden, Hunter Biden and Burisma?

On the other hand, you got Trump, Rudy, Hannity, Rush, QANON, and Fox telling you something else....

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:59 pm

It's even more basic.

Do you believe all those testifying under oath are lying?

Or....

Do you believe all those refusing to testify under oath are telling the truth?

broman

Post by broman » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:40 pm

Another thought, Trump had fifty minutes on FOX this morning to gaslight the whole process to people preconditioned to take it as gospel.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:01 pm

Unless Parnas has checks signed with Donald's personal Sharpie he has zero credibility as a witness.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:34 am

He just threw Nunes in front of the bus. In addition to stories breaking that Pompeo and Giuliani spoke on the phone twice in late March.

Documents reveal a clear paper trail from Rudy Giuliani to the Oval Office to Secretary Pompeo to facilitate Giuliani's smear campaign against a U.S. ambassador.

This just gets better and better.

broman

Post by broman » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:36 pm

John Q. Public wrote:
> Unless Parnas has checks signed with Donald's personal Sharpie he has zero
> credibility as a witness.

A lawyer for an indicted associate of Rudy Giuliani told CNN that his client is willing to tell Congress about meetings the top Republican on the House Intelligence Committee had in Vienna last year with a former Ukrainian prosecutor to discuss digging up dirt on Joe Biden.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/22/politics ... index.html

I agree, this story better be airtight....

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:20 pm

Gotta wonder how they'd handle that if Parnas has the evidence and he's making accusations implicating the ranking member of the committee he'd be presenting it to.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:34 pm

I don't know, Nunes sounds to me like a man who's very confident he has nothing to hide...

"Over the past two weeks, CNN approached Nunes on two occasions and reached out to his communications staff to get comment for this story.

In the Capitol on Nov. 14, as CNN began to ask a question about the trip to Vienna, Nunes interjected and said, "I don't talk to you in this lifetime or the next lifetime."

"At any time," Nunes added. "On any question."

Asked again on Thursday about his travel to Vienna and his interactions with Shokin and Parnas, Nunes gave a similar response.

"To be perfectly clear, I don't acknowledge any questions from you in this lifetime or the next lifetime," Nunes said while leaving the impeachment hearing. "I don't acknowledge any question from you ever.""

https://us.cnn.com/?hpt=header_edition-picker

He might as well hang a big "OF COURSE I'M GUILTY" sign around his neck...what a prig

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:35 pm

Something tells me those accusing Nunes are experts in CYA and have their insurance policies ready to go just in case they got caught.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:55 am

Giuliani is now saying this was sarcasm.

I'm betting it isn't.

"I've seen things written like he's going to throw me under the bus. When they say that, I say he isn't, but I have insurance."

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:44 pm

White House Review Turns Up Emails Showing Extensive Effort To Justify Trump’s Decision To Block Ukraine Military Aid

"A confidential White House review of President Trump’s decision to place a hold on military aid to Ukraine has turned up hundreds of documents that reveal extensive efforts to generate an after-the-fact justification for the decision and a debate over whether the delay was legal, according to three people familiar with the records...

...Emails show [OMB director Russell] Vought and OMB staffers arguing that withholding aid was legal, while officials at the National Security Council and State Department protested...

...The White House released the funding to Ukraine on Sept. 11. The timing has drawn scrutiny because it came two days after the House was formally alerted to a whistleblower complaint, who raised concerns about the call and whether the president was using his public office for personal political gain."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... ar-BBXgYXi

The article goes on to say that White House lawyers are worried that if the documents become public some exchanges could prove embarrassing to the president. I say they needn't worry, that's obviously impossible.
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:27 pm

Newsweek is reporting there are tapes of Trump handed over by Giuliani's associate.

This just gets better by the hour.

broman

Post by broman » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:42 pm

Interesting take on the hearings

After five days, twelve witnesses, lots of shouting, and dozens of angry tweets from the President, the House Intelligence Committee’s public impeachment hearings into Donald Trump’s Ukraine affair ended on Thursday with one unequivocal result: a Republican stonewall so complete that it cannot and will not be breached. The G.O.P. defense, in essence, is that facts are irrelevant, no matter how damning or inconvenient, and that Trump has the power to do whatever he wants, even if it seems inappropriate, improper, or simply wrong.

Fiona Hill gave a searing statement to Republican members of the panel about the big lie behind Trump’s demand that Ukraine investigate its own alleged intervention in the 2016 U.S. Presidential election By 11:23 a.m., the Trump campaign had sent out a “rapid response” to its e-mail list, with the subject heading “Ukrainian election interference.”

“There’s a simple reason Adam Schiff wants to deny Ukraine interfered in U.S. politics,” the e-mail said. “He was willing to collude with them.”
https://www.newyorker.com/news/letter-f ... mpeachment

If the Democrats did it card works, keep playing it.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:06 pm

NYT today:

Trump Knew of Whistle-Blower Complaint When He Released Aid to Ukraine
White House lawyers briefed President Trump in late August about the complaint, people familiar with the matter said

President Trump had already been briefed on a whistle-blower’s complaint about his dealings with Ukraine when he unfroze military aid for the country in September, according to two people familiar with the matter.

Mr. Trump had enthusiastically sought the investigations for much of the summer. But in early September, he told one of his top diplomats — Gordon D. Sondland, the United States ambassador to the European Union, who helped carry out the shadow policy toward Ukraine — that he was not seeking “a quid pro quo” with the Ukrainian government by withholding the aid.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/26/us/p ... e=Homepage

Can you imagine the conversation in that briefing:

WH Lawyers: Just keep tweeting that there was no quid pro quo...

Trump: What?

Lawyers: Quid pro quo...

Trump: What the hell is that?

Lawyers: It's Latin for "this for that"

Trump: What the hell does this have to do with Central America? Speak American!
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:26 pm

Bloomberg is reporting that Rogue Rudy's about to get demoted to coffee boy. Time to call his insurance company.