Bosco Unanimous #1 National Champions

BoscoBrave

Bosco Unanimous #1 National Champions

Post by BoscoBrave » Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:18 pm

Well it looks like we have a unanimous #1.

I guess this one holds more weight than 2013 to everyone but ‘13 will always be special to me. It started this run of incredible Bosco teams. Happy Holidays everyone.
Last edited by John Q. Public on Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: blind link removed

Omar Bongo

Re: Bosco Unanimous #1 National Champions

Post by Omar Bongo » Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:40 pm

You know the meaning of unanimous, I assume. And you must know that #2 Duncanville plays for the Texas state championship this Saturday as well.

Any reason you're afraid to wait until the season is actually finished and final rankings by the various polls are released next week?
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Kuppster

Post by Kuppster » Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:12 pm

any reason why you're still salty Omar? Anything positive said about Bosco gets your panties in a bunch.

My goodness. Pathetic. Its really sad.

BoscoBrave

Post by BoscoBrave » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:21 pm

:rockon:

Omar Butt Bongo, because the major polls that everyone respects have Bosco as #1. Back away from the gun bro, md isn’t the only team that can win the national championship.

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol » Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:07 am

Precisely. Which is why it's ridiculous to crown a champion before the season is over.

dntn31

Post by dntn31 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:29 am

As much as it pains me to agree with Omar, that claim is premature. Yes, currently Bosco has the #1 ranking in all 7 major national polls.However, Bosco has only been officially crowned by MaxPreps and HSFBA. We'll know definitively by next Monday whether or not Bosco is actually the unanimous MNC.

Just as recently as last year Mater Dei was #1 in all 7 major national polls heading into the Geico/TX state final weekend and MaxPreps, PrepForce and PrepNation all ended up giving their #1 ranking to North Shore. Obviously, MaxPreps has already said they are giving it to SJB but PrepForce, USAToday and PrepNation are still up in the air. SJB is pretty firmly locked into the 2 remaining computer rankings that are still up for grabs (CalPreps and Massey). So, at a minimum SJB will have 4 of the 7 with (I think) a pretty good chance of snatching all 7.

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:30 am

Technically that's true, but Mater Dei finished their season the same day Texas was playing it's quarter final games. They had two weeks left in the season when Mater Dei was crowned national champions, not just one.

I wish I had you and Omar on my side last year when I raised the same exact point Omar is making now. Where were you guys???

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:13 pm

dntn31 wrote:As much as it pains me to agree with Omar...
If it makes it any easier for you, you're not agreeing with me, we're just both stating the same facts...

I think we should also draw a clear distinction between human polls and computer rankings...at least 2 of those "7 major national polls" you cite are not polls at all, they are computer rankings

joefutbol wrote:I wish I had you and Omar on my side last year when I raised the same exact point Omar is making now.
What exactly did you say last year that I disagreed with?
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump

OutOfState

Post by OutOfState » Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:27 pm

I’ve said it before and I will repeat it. If Duncanville wins Saturday, which they probably won’t, there could be a human poll that makes Duncanville number 1. This exact thing happened to MD last year when North Shore was made number 1. If Duncanville loses then Bosco is unanimous. To make this claim now is premature.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:38 pm

If Duncanville wins Saturday, which they probably won’t...

Duncanville losing their star QB to a knee in the semifinal was huge...will be interesting to see how they handle it
George Will

Donald Trump

dntn31

Post by dntn31 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:04 pm

Omar Bongo wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:38 pm
at least 2 of those "7 major national polls" you cite are not polls at all, they are computer rankings
It's actually 3 computer polls... CalPreps, Massey and High School Football America.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:52 pm

Computer rankings...there is no such thing as a "computer poll", they're not asking a cohort of computers for their opinions

The distinction is important because the computer rankings probably won't change, it's the polls that might if Duncanville manages to win...emphasis on might and if
George Will

Donald Trump

OutOfState

Post by OutOfState » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:01 am

Omar Bongo wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:38 pm
Duncanville losing their star QB to a knee in the semifinal was huge...will be interesting to see how they handle it
Exactly. Another thing is if somehow they do actually manage to win, human voters could give the win more weight since they are playing shorthanded. This is nothing but fun speculation now.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:19 am

Yup, the only game in town as they say. Remember this is a rematch of last year's championship which North Shore won on a last-play hail mary. According to this writer, the D-ville QB injury plays right into NS's hands...

Duncanville (15-0) vs. Galena Park North Shore (14-1): 6A Division I UIL Football State Championship Preview

The Duncanville Panthers will take on the Galena Park North Shore Mustangs at 3 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 20 at AT&T Stadium in Arlington for the Class 6A Division I UIL Football State Championship. Here's everything you need to know about the game.

GAME PREVIEW

It’s the rematch everyone has been waiting a full year for. Unfortunately, the story of this matchup may be who is NOT on the field for both teams rather than who is ON the field for unbeaten Duncanville and defending champion Galena Park North Shore.

Duncanville looked dominant in last week’s 56-14 win over Rockwall, but the victory came at a cost with QB Ja’Quinden Jackson (Texas commit) going down with a knee injury late in the second quarter. As of Sunday night, there was no word on Jackson’s status. But even if the star can go, it’s incredibly unlikely he’ll be his usual self.

North Shore has played the vast majority of the season without Texas A&M WR commit Shadrach Banks, who has battled a broken bone in his foot and missed the first six games. Banks played the final four games of the year, but then suffered an ankle injury in bi-district and was ruled out for the rest of the season.

Duncanville, before the Jackson injury, raced out to a 35-7 lead on Rockwall as Jackson had run and thrown for TD. The defense got in the act with a pick-six and Trysten Smith and Roderick Daniels both had long touchdown runs. Freshman QB Chris Parsons came in during the second half and looked poised beyond his years and he’ll need that maturity if he’s to make his first varsity start at AT&T Stadium in the state title game.

North Shore didn’t have RB Zach Evans for most of the first half of last week’s 49-38 win over Lake Travis as Evans was taking the ACT test, but it didn’t matter as the Mustangs raced out to a 28-3 halftime lead and held off a couple of late LTHS rallies to get back to Arlington.

Evans finished with 176 yards and two touchdowns, while Roger Hagan filled in well with 114 yards and a touchdown for the Mustangs dynamic attack. QB Dematrius Davis, a Virginia Tech commit, finished with 226 yards of offense, three passing touchdowns and a rushing touchdown as well.

Duncanville will have its work cut out for them if Jackson is out and it’s a lot to ask of a freshman QB to make his first start at this level, so expect the Panthers to trim down the passing game and rely a lot on their big offensive line and running game.

North Shore’s run defense is their strength this year led by Miami LB commit Corey Flagg, so expect Duncanville to have to throw it some to keep them honest. Duncanville’s defense is still elite and they got Auburn safety commit Chris Thompson back last week. They struggled to slow North Shore a year ago. Can they turn it up another level this week?

Stepp’s Pick: Galena Park North Shore by 7

https://www.texasfootball.com/article/2 ... view_title
George Will

Donald Trump

SK80

Post by SK80 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:06 am

Kuppster wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:12 pm
any reason why you're still salty Omar? Anything positive said about Bosco gets your panties in a bunch. Not nearly as salt crusted and wadded when anything mentioned "positive" regarding CDM @ Kupp!

My goodness. Pathetic. Its really sad. :cry:
The high school national championship is a nice tag but it is what the NCAA model was years ago, a title not WON on a field of play but voted or computered or more likely lobbied or politicized. I believe this s why we seem to mostly put more importance on a section title followed by a state titles as not only is it won on a field, when playing in most likely the best leagues, the best sections and best state for high school football, winning those games and titles are the best examples and representation of "best" or #1.

SJB winning CIF-SS Open against the competition in that section division carries the most weight. Winning state many times carries less being from a section such as CIF-SS. Either way, California Football is that deep.

Again "National Champion" has a nice ring to it, but until Cali plays Texas and Florida plays Georgia and Maryland plays Hawaii and we get to a 20 game season...... yikes! Just being mentioned or having a split national champion is an extra accolade to a great season.
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:17 am

National championships, whether won on the field or in the polls, are won AFTER the last game of the season has been played. Period. If there were Mater Dei fans last year or St. John Bosco fans this year who proclaimed their "championships" before those last games were in the books, they were just prematurely exaculating.

watchersince68

Post by watchersince68 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:25 am

Congratulations for keeping in the Trinity Family.

cruiser

Post by cruiser » Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:26 pm

The first semester ends today at MD, should be interesting for the second semester next month...

OutOfState

Post by OutOfState » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:36 pm

Wonder if MD will turn away players wanting to transfer there like they did last year?

cruiser

Post by cruiser » Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:21 pm

I'll tell you what, and this is from a solid source, if MD had accepted the FB transfers that had
applied to get in, to the second semester of the last school year; let's just say, it would have
been....