Top Iran leader killed by US airstrike.

Tommy Tar

Top Iran leader killed by US airstrike.

Post by Tommy Tar » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:35 pm

This is huge. One of the top Iranian leaders killed by airstrike next to Bagdad airport. Why the guy was in Iraq is strange. :hide:

Qasem Soleimani killed. In the top 3 of the Iranian government. US Marines now arresting top Iraqi government officials.

I bet Israel is on alert.
‘I Haven’t Seen Democrats This Mad Since We Freed the Slaves!’..... Rob Schneider.

Wabash

Re: Top Iran leader killed by US airstrike.

Post by Wabash » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:40 pm

Great. Another pointless war.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:29 pm

Need a little impeachment distraction? Start a war. And get more Americans killed.

#wagthedog

Four of Trump's five children are military age. Like dad they won't be signing up anytime soon.

Eric Trump knew about it before it happened. He was smart enough to take it down.
Attachments
ENUtNOaUEAEzBQo.png
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:53 pm

These aged well.
Attachments
82365600_493685744592061_1319436905636429824_n.jpg

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:16 pm

Wabash wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:29 pm
Eric Trump knew about it before it happened. He was smart enough to take it down.
Eric was quote-tweeting Jack Prosobiec's post about the Marines arriving at the Baghdad embassy. There's nothing to indicate he knew about the attack.

Don't look at me, I just work here.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:40 pm

When can we expect he and his big game hunting brother to sign up. We know Ivanka and Tiffany won't go near serving.

ShiftyMutt

Post by ShiftyMutt » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:31 pm

Musta been those unredacted emails.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:03 am

John Q. Public wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:16 pm
Eric was quote-tweeting Jack Prosobiec's post about the Marines arriving at the Baghdad embassy. There's nothing to indicate he knew about the attack.
Regardless. When is Eric going to sign up and be part of that can of whoop ass?

At 35 he can join the Army or the USAF. I wonder which one he will choose.

Like so many conservatives. He's just another chickenhawk.

I would be lying if I didn't say how grateful I am that all my kids are too old to be drafted.
Attachments
81833971_2715557398481195_7837880192063242240_n.jpg

broman

Post by broman » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:42 pm

The danger with Trump is that you never know what his real motivation for doing anything is. I still have my finger on Saudi money influencing his decisions in the ME.

Tommy Tar

Post by Tommy Tar » Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:21 pm

Little bird tells me.

The civilian government in Iran are happy about the general's death. Maybe even helped US with intel. General ordered cruise missile attack in Saudi oil facility and shot down of US drone over ocean without Iran civilian government okay. He also ordered the attack on American embassy on his own. The general was trying to start a war.

‘I Haven’t Seen Democrats This Mad Since We Freed the Slaves!’..... Rob Schneider.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:21 pm

So what? Not a reason for us to engage.

Why didn't the Iranians do it? Or some other group in the Middle East?

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:31 pm

Tommy Tar wrote:Little bird tells me.
Your little bird can't be that naive. Does it know that China, North Korea and Russia have "civilian governments" too?
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Tommy Tar

Post by Tommy Tar » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:11 pm

Wabash wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:21 pm
Why didn't the Iranians do it? Or some other group in the Middle East?
He was too popular/powerful in the military. Iran has a civilian government, religious government and the military is under both. The general was looking to run for President and with the military behind him he was going to be too strong to control. The current Iran leaders are happy with their way of life and a war with US, Israel and Saudi Arabia will end that.

Tommy Tar

Post by Tommy Tar » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:37 pm

Omar Bongo wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:31 pm
Your little bird can't be that naive. Does it know that China, North Korea and Russia have "civilian governments" too?
My son went to college with children from the House of Saud. He does business with them and needs to know what's going on. The Saudis were pissed when their oil facilities were hit by the cruise missiles and Yeman claimed responsibility. :roll: It was Iran and it's the Iranian government that gave up General Soleimani for calling it. The General was trying to start WW3.

Tommy Tar

Post by Tommy Tar » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:53 pm

Omar Bongo wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:31 pm
So China, NK and Russia have governments by all the people?

Tommy Tar

Post by Tommy Tar » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:10 pm

More hits in North Bagdad. Rats running.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:12 pm

Tommy Tar wrote:Iran has a civilian government, religious government and the military is under both.
Tommy Tar wrote:it's the Iranian government that gave up General Soleimani for calling it.
You're saying the civilian gov. ordered the killing, or even worse, cooperated with the US, behind the mullahs' backs?

How do you see that working out for them?
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:58 pm

Tommy Tar wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:11 pm
He was too popular/powerful in the military. Iran has a civilian government, religious government and the military is under both. The general was looking to run for President and with the military behind him he was going to be too strong to control.
Yeah. Because the US has a long history of positive foreign policy achievements in the Middle East.

Now we get the blame and their American hating PR machine goes into overdrive.

This is the most lame excuse......ever.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:26 am

Tommy Tar wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:53 pm
So China, NK and Russia have governments by all the people?
Russia does, supposedly. And the leaders of all three enjoy overwhelming support, "disappearing" of dissenters notwithstanding.

And remember, the people of Iran democratically chose to have the government that they have, their voter base not being all that different than ours these days. I don't know if they use an electoral college type of system, but if you were to color a map of the place red and blue, it would look very similar to Donald's "Impeach this!" map.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:27 am

Tommy Tar wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:11 pm
He was too popular/powerful in the military. Iran has a civilian government, religious government and the military is under both. The general was looking to run for President and with the military behind him he was going to be too strong to control. The current Iran leaders are happy with their way of life and a war with US, Israel and Saudi Arabia will end that.
If there is all this support from the Iranian leadership, then why are we sending troops to the region? Particularly for embassy security.

Makes no sense.