Top 5 QB'S IN OC

Omar Bongo

Re: Top 5 QB'S IN OC

Post by Omar Bongo » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:19 pm

hit the lights wrote:and as a USC commit, there is nothing but good things in his future
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

hit the lights

Post by hit the lights » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:54 am

Sk80,
as Ive explained earlier, Garcia / aka "Telemundo" , Grew up in La Habra, played La Habra youth football, has many relationships with the community . Its cool though, you had your big season at CDM, its over now. Time to move on. Yes, it would have been awesome to see a CDM vs La Habra game, but that time has passed, congrats. Yes, LH will continue to play top notch competition in preseason, and as for the freeway league, they did provide a CIF CHAMPION which wasnt La Habra. La Habra will continue to be in the hunt, and lets just hope we can get the matchup this year vs CDM!

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:49 pm

hit the lights wrote:Yes, LH will continue to play top notch competition in preseason
"Top Notch"? :-k

Had to see for myself, here are their 2019 preseason opponents

Rankings CA/National

1. Upland 44/436
2. Redlands East Valley 460/6794
3. Mission Viejo 6/23
4. Calabasas 18/163
5. Diamond Ranch 163/2040

Well, as they say, everything's relative...
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump

SK80

Post by SK80 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:23 pm

HTL,

Just to be clear, he grew up in La Habra? Then why does she list Whittier as his hometown? Why did he participate in MD football camps in the summer of grade school? Why did he head to Long Beach Poly? Why did he then head to Narbonne? Both these places last I checked are LA County? Now that's real La Habra like for you!

Honestly I don't really care where he plays, I hope he makes good. Just can't help but to point out your inconsistencies and the positions and stances you often take. If you like homegrown La Habra boys that's cool, but stop the posturing behind the Zanelli's from where Tustin? via OLU? The Clark Phillips III from Anaheim via SJB? All I'm saying you as a poster can't have it both ways. Take a real position. Respect. Right?
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo

hit the lights

Post by hit the lights » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:16 am

SK80-
I know this has to be coming from a place of jealousy, knowing your best season is gone and reloading isnt a thing of common practice at CDM. Yes, Garcia has grown up and played with alot of the kids on La habras roster. He did go to all those places you mentioned, as i already stated, but yes having homegrown local kids
is the backbone of La Habra's program, and the reason for most all their success in the past. Respect! Yes, thats what we are always looking for when our kids line up on the gridiron, taking respect from our opponents. As for Bomgo, La Habras preseason is always tough, whether you think so or not. Who else is playing these teams? Who did CDM play in the preseason other than san clemente? Not everyone can afford to travel and play out of state. I tell you this La Habra wont back down from anyone, and looks to keep the ball rolling in 2020!

SK80

Post by SK80 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:41 am

No jealousy here, no reason. At least you have comment, or come clean on "reloading"! :thumbsup: My point has been here don't talk smack both ways, "Homegrown" and "Reload". Take a stand, that's how you get "respect".

As for preseasons, its relative HTL, to Ommie unless you schedule like MD you are inconsequential, meaningless for the most part and certainly not of much importance. Go figure. --:--
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:48 pm

Tell you what SK80, don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?

Like I said, it is all relative, but in everyone's book "top-notch" means "the best"...and #6, #18, #44, #163 and #460 in state (#138 avg.) is pretty ****ing far from the best
George Will

Donald Trump

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:51 pm

hit the lights wrote:As for Bomgo, La Habras preseason is always tough, whether you think so or not. Who else is playing these teams?
Average state ranking of 138 is what it is...I didn't say it wasn't tough for them, but let's not pretend it's something it's not
George Will

Donald Trump

dont be that guy

Post by dont be that guy » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:04 pm

...and then they have to go through the gauntlet that is league. Whew.

hit the lights

Post by hit the lights » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:50 am

La Habra has always reloaded, and it is with homegrown kids, and maybe a sprinkle of new kids here and there. Most the time the new kids who come in arent starters, unless they have some sort of leverage.Or are a Ronnie Hillman type, or EB3.
La Habra has had winning teams as far back as the early 80's, nothing new here.
Dan Owens, the Weatherspoons, Razo, Brown, Morales,, Nygren, Clemens, Quesada, Gaines , Peko, Porter, Bartalone, Estrada, Winterswike,Wale, and many , many, more. Yes, reload, local boys.
La Habras preseason last year...
Upland
Calabasas
Mission Viejo
REV
Diamond Ranch

Meanwhile , CDM had a 140.2 preseason average playing
Downey- 5-7 210 ranking
Lake wood - 5-7 284 ranking
St. Francis - 4-7 124 ranking
palos verdes 8-3 69 ranking
SC= 0-13 14 RANKING
also, lets please not act like the sunset is where it used to be. Not the same league.
Congrats, like i said CDM was the best team out there THIS YEAR., in D-3. I mean a solar eclipse happens every 100 year too.

SK80

Post by SK80 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:59 am

Omar Bongo wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:48 pm
Tell you what SK80, don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay? As if you don't and never have..... or will in the future... :lol:

Like I said, it is all relative, but in everyone's book "top-notch" means "the best"...and #6, #18, #44, #163 and #460 in state (#138 avg.) is pretty ****ing far from the best.
"Everyone's book", most followers of HSF read various books not just yours. Telling us how to read? Surely HTL references "Top Notch" within his teams respected division. Most of us understand and read you HTL.
Last edited by John Q. Public on Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed the quote

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:21 pm

For privates they're hired guns and mercenaries...when the local public gets them it's "a sprinkle of new kids here and there" LOL
George Will

Donald Trump

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:28 pm

SK80 wrote:Surely HTL references "Top Notch" within his teams respected division.
Thanks for explaining what he meant...maybe if he had actually said that you wouldn't have to translate for him

Most of us understand and read you HTL

There you go, speaking for the group again :roll:

I'm curious, indulge me SK...who is "us" and how many is "most"? Do you have a crystal ball or did you take a poll?
George Will

Donald Trump

CoolStoryBro

Post by CoolStoryBro » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:04 am

Not bad for a Servite guy....well deserved accolade for a great and humble young man

http://blog.servitehs.org/qb-noah-fifit ... hi-sports/

hit the lights

Post by hit the lights » Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:47 am

La Habra's Jake Garcia, looking to show off his skills at the Elite 11, RIVALS, and Under Armor camps.
Stay posted on this top QB'S progress. "Telemundo"! :thumbsup:

Pandora

Post by Pandora » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:31 pm

A couple quick points of clarification - some people have questioned Garcia as a "La Habra kid" since he lists Whittier as his home town. There are also a few references to La Habra City Schools.

First, La Habra City Schools is the K-8 district. La Habra High is part of Fullerton Joint Union High School District along with Sonora, Buena Park, Fullerton, Sunny Hills and Troy. La Habra's main feeders are Impertial (La Habra City Schools), Washington (La Habra City Schools), and Rancho Starbuck (Lowell Joint). La Habra's attendance boundaries include sections of Whittier. Therefore, a kid living in Whittier may be a "La Habra kid" without having attended La Habra City Schools in K-8 or living in La Habra, due to the boundaries crossing from La Habra (OC) into Whittier (LA).

dont be that guy

Post by dont be that guy » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:01 pm

Thank you for the geography/school lesson.

Now explain how a “Whittier/La Habra kid” ends up in Long Beach and then Narbonne?

I haven’t looked at a map but that is pretty damned far from La Habra.

Don’t pretend that this kid isn’t a mercenary that you would absolutely hate if he was at MD/Bosco.

SuperMonster

Post by SuperMonster » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:47 am

Omar Bongo wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:49 pm
1. Upland 44/436
2. Redlands East Valley 460/6794
3. Mission Viejo 6/23
4. Calabasas 18/163
5. Diamond Ranch 163/2040
In LH's defense, REV and DR were very competitive in 2018, right?

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:52 pm

No. According to CalPreps' 2018 final rankings:

REV 77/661
Diamond Ranch 211/2414

In 2018 DR was even worse. REV was better in 2018 but they were still only the 77th best team in the state. Wouldn't call that "very competitive".
George Will

Donald Trump