Transfer News? It’s that time of year again!

dont be that guy

Re: Transfer News? It’s that time of year again!

Post by dont be that guy » Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:47 pm

SK80 wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:24 am
OLU, SM and JS may need to create their own division within the Trinity League! Bottom 2 or 3, that is nowhere to be!
I think MD/Bosco already have already created another division within league. There is no competitive balance. The top two teams are 28 point favorites in every league game that isn't against each other. Servite/JSerra gave Bosco scares the last two years but it was it was pretty clear that Bosco didn't take the games seriously because MD destroyed both teams after that.

The Trinity League used to be the premiere league in the country. It's not very interesting or competitive anymore. There are two stacked teams and everyone else. It was better when most of the teams were competitive.

Maybe it is time for MD/Bosco to go independent in football.

polyrules

Post by polyrules » Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:51 pm

hocyouthguy wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:14 pm
YES!! His post answers the question: He states "Monarchs," not "Crusaders." The best receiving corps in the nation's already used to Bryce's style, so brilliant. No, he's not Bryce (who is?), but even if he's close, MD is gonna be trouble! Let's go!!!!!!
He knows. I think it's sarcasm. I'm pretty sure the best reason to go to Chula Vista Mater Dei is Catholicism and faith. Santa Ana Mater Dei, it's simple; football and basketball. The father the son, and the holy scholarship!

OutOfState

Post by OutOfState » Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:31 pm

dont be that guy wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:47 pm
He knows. I think it's sarcasm.
Attachments
79A9F027-B93E-4B8B-A7AB-329428B0A87F.jpeg

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:46 pm

Watched some film, liked what I saw...mobile, good vision, quick release, can throw the long ball

dont be that guy wrote:Maybe it is time for MD/Bosco to go independent in football.
How about your team (OLU or SM?) dropping down to an easier level with other teams that aren't interested in competing with the best? Servite and JS have shown they're willing at least to try to compete...
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

frankieboy

Post by frankieboy » Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:59 pm

what is going on at JSerra? Coaching issues? Player/parent issues? School not financing football like they have in the past?

SoCalFball

Post by SoCalFball » Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:49 am

Sondheimer mentioned MD has 5 QB now. You really think the others have a chance when MD extended its van pool to SD County? :lol:

OCurbanlegend

Post by OCurbanlegend » Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:52 am

what's going on at Jserra is the money guy is gone and the coaching was terrible, they were not getting kids out, appeared no real changes were on the horizon when the exodus began. Parents were done with it.

BTW... to date Jserra, has lost roughly 17-18 kids to 9 or 10 different schools and there will be more departures before the end of the school year. Kids headed to Bosco, Centennial, Servite maybe even CDM.

The most bizarre departure is Booty who went back to Texas and Duncanville. Not sure why he thinks he can play there when clearly he could not play at Jserra.

Apparently, the Jserra staff is ok with the departures saying they will be better off now that the cancers are gone. I don't know that's a lot of cancer. Maybe the staff was the problem and not the other way around in this case. I doubt highly that many families ALL wanted to uproot their lives simultaneously unless they felt the circumstances were dire at best.

OCurbanlegend

Post by OCurbanlegend » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:06 am

SoCalFball wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:49 am
Sondheimer mentioned MD has 5 QB now.
MD has 5 QB's now the way they had 4 last year.

OldSunsetFan

Post by OldSunsetFan » Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:05 am

OCurbanlegend wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:52 am
what's going on at Jserra is the money guy is gone and the coaching was terrible, they were not getting kids out, appeared no real changes were on the horizon when the exodus began. Parents were done with it.

BTW... to date Jserra, has lost roughly 17-18 kids to 9 or 10 different schools and there will be more departures before the end of the school year. Kids headed to Bosco, Centennial, Servite maybe even CDM.

The most bizarre departure is Booty who went back to Texas and Duncanville. Not sure why he thinks he can play there when clearly he could not play at Jserra.

Apparently, the Jserra staff is ok with the departures saying they will be better off now that the cancers are gone. I don't know that's a lot of cancer. Maybe the staff was the problem and not the other way around in this case. I doubt highly that many families ALL wanted to uproot their lives simultaneously unless they felt the circumstances were dire at best
Who are the kids (cancers - harsh) that left JSerra plus others thinking about leaving. JSerra sound worst then what’s going on in China.

SK80

Post by SK80 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:07 am

Like much in life, boils down to "$$$" @frankieboy. When you can't afford the bus fare there goes the travel team....

"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo

frankieboy

Post by frankieboy » Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:47 am

The same coaches were doing just fine a year or two earlier. And if there were problems-don't you think that the arrival of Sam Baker and Rob Johnson (and maybe Bret in a year or so) correct some of this?

dont be that guy

Post by dont be that guy » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:11 am

Omar Bongo wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:46 pm
How about your team (OLU or SM?) dropping down to an easier level with other teams that aren't interested in competing with the best? Servite and JS have shown they're willing at least to try to compete...
We agree. You can throw Servite and JSerra in there as well. They are not competing. No one in OC is interested in competing with what MD/Bosco are doing. Both of their schedules look an awful lot like IMG now. They should just go all in and play a fully national schedule. Why play Villa Park again?

Trust me, the rest of the Trinity teams would be more than happy to move on from what this has become.

Deuce Sandwich

Post by Deuce Sandwich » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:40 am

Omar Bongo wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:46 pm
And maybe MD and Bosco should stop ripping the heart out of high school football...

SK80

Post by SK80 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:51 pm

dont be that guy wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:11 am
Trust me, the rest of the Trinity teams would be more than happy to move on from what this has become.
As in being left behind with a MD/SJB exit or simply MOVE ON OUT? :eh?: I could see that now just recreate another parochial league and be Aplpha Dogs that way.... :lol:
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:46 pm

Hilarious that you have to keep creating new accounts just to agree with yourself :lol: :lol:
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:52 pm

Okay, I'll bite...

Where were all you pearl-clutchers when Servite was picking Riverside County clean a decade ago?

Anyone tell me what rules are being broken? Anyone here saying that kids and parents can't choose what school they go to? Anyone whose schools have never accepted a transfer?

Let the pontificating and hair-splitting begin. Hey, Mr. Spokesman for the Trinity schools and all of OC, why don't you go first...
George Will

Donald Trump

dont be that guy

Post by dont be that guy » Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:24 pm

When Servite was very good, so was the rest of the league. There was balance. Year in year out all of the programs were competitive. Not anymore.

No one in this thread mentioned anything about rules being broken. No one is saying that kids can’t transfer.

However, the other schools in the league aren’t doing what MD/Bosco are doing tuition and academically to get athletes. JSerra tried and it didn’t work out for them.

It’s simply time for the league to move on without both teams. It’s time to bring back competitive balance. Take from that what you will.

BoscoBrave

Post by BoscoBrave » Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:34 pm

dont be that guy wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:24 pm
When Servite was very good, so was the rest of the league. There was balance. Year in year out all of the programs were competitive. Not anymore.

You have to be kidding me. Grow a pair of nuts and step up your game and compete. When Servite was recruiting the whole state to play for them, the other schools in league stepped it up and competed to level the playing field. If you don’t have top notch coaches like Bosco & md, you will never knock them off their perch. Servite is getting real close and may upset one of the big two this year with their new recruits and staff. Lets pray everyone else in league does the same and we return the league to dominance.

No one in this thread mentioned anything about rules being broken. No one is saying that kids can’t transfer.

However, the other schools in the league aren’t doing what MD/Bosco are doing tuition and academically to get athletes. JSerra tried and it didn’t work out for them.

It’s simply time for the league to move on without both teams. It’s time to bring back competitive balance. Take from that what you will.

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:23 pm

dont be that guy wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:24 pm
However, the other schools in the league aren’t doing what MD/Bosco are doing tuition and academically to get athletes
With all due respect, that sentence proves you are absolutely clueless about what is going on in this league.

OutOfState

Post by OutOfState » Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:27 pm

All schools in the Trinity do it. Bosco and MD are just doing it better.

Good game so far. I came here now since I can’t get myself to watch Shikira and JLo. Actually they are nice to watch on mute :wink: