ELECTION 2020

Wabash

Re: ELECTION 2020

Post by Wabash »

You cited media individuals. I specifically stated;
ventura wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:49 am The polls showed him within the margin of error as election day got closer.
Maddow (et al) are not pollsters.

My memory is not faulty. Your analogy is what is faulty. You are confusing a newscaster with those who actually engage in the business of polling.

Gallup also showed Trump with a 44% approval rating that same month. It is a whopping 46% (also according to Gallup) right now.
Last edited by Wabash on Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Сделай Америку великой снова
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

ventura wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:41 am brilliant
Let me put it to you succinctly.

If you have never needed a Supreme Court decision to grant you equal rights, you are clueless as to what being an ethnic person or their experience means.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

ventura

Post by ventura »

Wabash wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:31 pm ventura wrote: ↑Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:49 am
The polls showed him within the margin of error as election day got closer.

Maddow (et al) are not pollsters.
Neither am I. I would have expected part of their job would have been to take those into account.
ventura

Post by ventura »

Wabash wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:31 pm Gallup also showed Trump with a 44% approval rating that same month. It is a whopping 46% (also according to Gallup) right now.
Assuming you are correct, I guess polls don't mean much. If everything is going great, why wouldn't you want it to continue?
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

ventura wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:50 pm If everything is going great, why wouldn't you want it to continue?
I never said everything is going great.

In fact just the opposite.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

ventura wrote:You might want to check Rachel Maddow a little over four years ago. History can teach.
Have no idea what you're referring to. If you'd like to have a discussion, fill me in on the big secret.
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

ventura wrote:Yeah I clicked. Yes, he said not to riot. You are right.
Good, you learned something. Now (hopefully) you won't keep spreading the same misinformation.
ventura wrote:I can't make any of you change your ideology. I don't even know why I bother.
Good, you learned something else. I don't think anyone (you included) is here to get their ideology changed. We're here to discuss current issues.
ventura post wrote:If I'm not mistaken, Trump has a higher percentage of the black vote than any recent republican presidential candidate.
You're mistaken.
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Especially now that one of them died.
Don't look at me, I just work here.
Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan »

ventura wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:41 am ventura wrote:

And I'll be happy for you guys to link me unequivocal denunciation from Biden or Harris of the destruction and mayhem caused by the riots associated with BLM. Unequivocal, with no "yeah buts".

Listened to about 20 minutes of his speeches. I've been writing repeatedly that I'm different from you, John Q, vilepagan and others - I actually see what others say.

Yes, he said not to riot. You are right. But the I can't breathe speech was so...
I see you're just going to rely on one of those "equivocations" you hate so much.

Please don't confuse my response with not reading what you have to say...it's just that what you have to say isn't as profound as you seem to think. I'm familiar with the writers you mentioned and I'm equally unimpressed with their opinions. I had hoped for some original thought from you but it seems you're just going to repeat the opinions of others. A shame.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

This is an interesting campaign strategy when asking for someone's vote in a crucial state.
Attachments
PA.png

ventura

Post by ventura »

Wabash wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:51 pm I never said everything is going great.
I know you didn't. I was referring to the two Gallup polls.
ventura

Post by ventura »

Omar Bongo wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:11 pm ventura wrote:
You might want to check Rachel Maddow a little over four years ago. History can teach.

Have no idea what you're referring to. If you'd like to have a discussion, fill me in on the big secret.
your late evening post on Monday about CNN's analysis, I think it was - I know how you'll respond - nothing to get in a twist about.
ventura

Post by ventura »

Vilepagan wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:14 am I had hoped for some original thought from you but it seems you're just going to repeat the opinions of others. A shame.
Give me one original thought you have ever had. Actually, give me one original thought anyone on this board has ever had. Your comment is vacuous, inane. Psychobabble. And a shame.

gotta work
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

ventura wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:24 am I know you didn't. I was referring to the two Gallup polls.
The Gallup polls did not say that either.

Wabash

Post by Wabash »

ventura wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:34 am Give me one original thought you have ever had. Actually, give me one original thought anyone on this board has ever had.
How about you tell us one of yours first.

Wabash

Post by Wabash »

Wow, what a harsh attak. I don’t no how the Biden campain will posibly recofer!
Attachments
Ek3P01VXYAEa5Bk.jpg

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan »

ventura wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:34 am Give me one original thought you have ever had.
Now you're just repeating what I said to you...do let me know when you come up with something better.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada
ventura

Post by ventura »

ventura: Give me one original thought you have ever had.

vilepagan: Now you're just repeating what I said to you...do let me know when you come up with something better
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bud, my point flew over your head. You don't have an original thought, I don't either. My thoughts come from 40+ years keeping my eyes open politically but especially philosophically. My thoughts, your thoughts, everyone's thoughts, come from their life's experiences. I've put a lot of my "original" thoughts on this board, many, if not most of which I've received no responses from (black nationalism, following the science, the importance of tradition, on and on and on), but their not "original". What, did you have a class in college where the professor said "ok guys - no teaching these four months - just come up with original thoughts". That's vacuous, that's inane (hey - I think that's an original thought).

Omar does it too - I link something that supports the narrative better than I can explain it, but he wants me to take the link and put it in my own words.

Like you guys aren't linking things to support what you write on here?
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

ventura post wrote:What, did you have a class in college where the professor said "ok guys - no teaching these four months - just come up with original thoughts".
Yeah, actually I did. Apparently you didn't, which explains a lot.

You know, it's not rocket science ventura. Posting bare links on the one hand and name calling and insults on the other are some pretty wide goalposts. It's not that hard to kick the ball somewhere between the two once in a while...
George Will

Donald Trump
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

On another note, just watched a great stump speech by Obama in Philly...brings back fond memories of what having a mature, thoughtful, intelligent, well-spoken, inspirational adult representing our country was like...
George Will

Donald Trump