ELECTION 2020

Foggy

Re: ELECTION 2020

Post by Foggy »

Joe Biden will be back in Florida on Thursday, traveling to Broward County and Tampa as part of an in-person blitz under way in the final full week of campaigning before Election Day on Nov. 3.
https://www.orlandosentinel.com/politic ... story.html
I hope y'all are still wearing your seat belts!
ventura

Post by ventura »

Foggy wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:36 pm Try this:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html
still no luck

your too sensitive foggy and have obviously been spending all your time on left wing nutjob websites :wink:

if you are right and he's hitting the campaign trail, the site I looked at did your boy a favor by spreading false info, making undecided voters consider the right's dishonest reporting (I honestly didn't know the report was from the right, but I don't think you believe me and that doesn't matter to me)

either way, you win, so why all the ha's?
ventura

Post by ventura »

now I got the link
thanks
Foggy

Post by Foggy »

so why all the ha's?
Because I'm used to discussions where people actually provide evidence to support their assertions. And it just seems really funny to me that one person says "Biden has suspended all his campaign appearances," with no link or anything, and a whole bunch of people just blindly accept that as if it were really true. Nobody asked for any evidence to show it was true. And now we know it was a pile of bovine manure, since he's really making appearances in 5 different states this week, including twice in Florida.

'Course, I'm also used to people who use little things like capitalization, spelling, punctuation, and like that. But I haven't been around for a while on this forum, I admit. Maybe it's a usual thing, that somebody pulls a fake headline out of their butt and everybody else says, "Yeah, OK." It's been a long time since I saw anything like that.
Foggy

Post by Foggy »

Not to change the subject, but here's Wikipedia's List of Republicans who oppose the Donald Trump 2020 presidential campaign.

That's a really long list ... :shock:
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Foggy! :cheers:

Your site seems to have shadowbanned me. :(
Don't look at me, I just work here.
Foggy

Post by Foggy »

JQP, what's the error message you're getting? If it's something like "the submitted form is invalid," it's because I had to switch to secure cookies when I switched the whole site to https:// instead of http://.

If that's it, you have to clear the cookies from your browser, and then log in from scratch. If it's some other error message, let me know. You're certainly not banned or deleted, I assure you.
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

ventura wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:04 pm what's your point?

if it's as elitist as it sounds (a specialty of the east and west coasters), I think the "deplorable" attitude attributed to Trump guys didn't go too well for Hillary last time
Not trying to be elitist, but geographically it's like holding a rally in Barstow. Except Lilitz is half Barstow's size. What's the point, indeed.
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Foggy wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:11 pm You're certainly not banned or deleted, I assure you.
Censorship! First Amendment! RICO!

Er, I mean I'll give it a try. I had the same problem here, MOF.
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Hmmmmm. "John Q. Public" says incorrect password. "JQP" lets me in but I can't use Active Topics. Newly Registered User thing?
Foggy

Post by Foggy »

I did a "force reactivation" but you're definitely not in the Newly Registered (in fact you registered more than 10 years ago). You're registered with an email address using this domain name, so "forgot password" should send you an email. If you need me to reset your password, send me a PM here and I'll do that. As you know, I can set your password, but then if you change it I can't read whatever you change it to.
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

PMing you.
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

ventura wrote:if it's as elitist as it sounds
Buzzword/Label

Rinse

Repeat

"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

ventura post wrote:your too sensitive foggy
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

USA Today is reporting this little gem from yet another trust fund ______. Who needs a good beat down.
White House adviser and President Donald Trump's son-in-law Jared Kushner came under heavy criticism after he said Monday that Black Americans have to want to help themselves in order for the president's policies to help them.

Kushner said on "Fox & Friends" that the president can help people in the Black community "break out of the problems that they're complaining about, but he can’t want them to be successful more than they want to be successful."

He also said that many people in the anti-police brutality and discrimination protests that followed the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis were "just virtue signaling" – a term for empty gestures of outrage or anguish on social media.

"They go on Instagram and cry, or they would, you know, put a slogan on their jersey or write something on a basketball court," Kushner said, dismissing the expressions of outrage and solidarity that many made after video surfaced of Floyd being pinned with a police officer's knee on his neck. "Quite frankly, that was doing more to polarize the country than it was to bring people forward. You solve problems with solutions."
Bold part is mine.
Last edited by Wabash on Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Сделай Америку великой снова
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Nothing like calling the people who do all the work lazy.
ventura

Post by ventura »

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaYw_y ... 7hgHA/join

John Q - what say you? Just another Uncle Tom?

I've posted here Malcom X's opinion of "white liberals". The most I've seen in response, as far as I can remember (memory is faulty - full disclosure - if you've responded to me show me where) is John Q's comment that "black nationalism" isn't a good idea.

I've never seen this guy before, but he's saying what is obvious - white folks, AND black folks, can't tell ANYONE what to believe. Every single human being is FREE to believe what he wants, and to defend that belief. You ain't black? If that's not a tell from Biden, what qualifies as a tell?
ventura

Post by ventura »

shoot - this is the link I wanted to send
ventura

Post by ventura »

I know how most of you guys think about Tucker Carlson. Trust fund baby POS, something like that. Don't think of him if you watch this, think of the 16 year old girl. Think of what Steven Tyler said about the decision he forced in connection with his child.

It's one of the primary reasons I've become a Trump fan. Whatever his motives are, he is more pro life than any president I've become acquainted with. Including Reagan.

I regret in advance pissing you guys off so much.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/mothe ... must_reads
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

ventura wrote:John Q - what say you? Just another Uncle Tom?
Dunno. What does he or she have to say? See my discussion with Omar about turning my sound on.

It just bugs me when White people accuse Blacks of being lazy when they imported them special to do all their work for them. Bad judgement in picking a labor pool or racist stereotype?