Is anyone watching the Olympics?

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Is anyone watching the Olympics?

Post by John Q. Public »

If the ratings are any indication the answer is "no."
2021 olympics ratings.jpg

And NBC is locked into its contract until 2032! It might help if their coverage didn't suck, or if there were some way of finding out what's on on what channel without scrolling from 504 to 699 on our system's channel guide - and checking the internet feed, wherever it is - but otherwise I just have a severe lack of interest this year. I don't know about anyone else.

I've watched one soccer game, a little bit of team handball (very intense game that's highly underrated in this country) and a little bit of surfing, which was dreadful - washing machine conditions, lots of sitting and waiting, and the video was mostly from the air. Like, who in the hell watches surfing from an airplane??? :steam:

And then there's gymnastics, which I've never gotten too excited about and Righty's managed to make political this year, Russia being banned but not, like, "banned" banned, no audiences (NBC inserted a barely audible "canned" audience for the soccer, which was kind of comical) and social media giving away the results hours before the events air and, yeah, ratings hell. I got a feeling there's some serious brainstorming going on at 30 Rock. And they're probably going to come up with something even worse.
Don't look at me, I just work here.
ShiftyMutt

Re: Is anyone watching the Olympics?

Post by ShiftyMutt »

It’s a shame.. it used to be a family thing for us to watch the Olympics but now people seem disinterested, or just fewer people actually watching TV altogether.
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

I get very tired of the human interest stories. I have been watching less and less of them since Sochii and London.
Stay loose, and be a little afraid.

quando omni flunkus, mortati
ShiftyMutt

Post by ShiftyMutt »

I'm assuming this is a global viewership and not a time zone thing?
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

National.
Don't look at me, I just work here.