Google Adsense has banned "anti-science" sites

Members only. No guests or bots allowed.
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Google Adsense has banned "anti-science" sites

Post by John Q. Public »

I got a message from Google last night saying that we're going into the holiday season and to get ready for the $$$ to start flowing! I'd be happy with a trickle, really, because our revenues are down around what they were at the height of the pandemic. So I was looking at their rules to see if I could dump the other company I use and give all the spots to Google because the other one is just dismal, I guess you could say.

I still haven't found my answer but I will be trying out a couple experiments to see if things improve or if the ads get too obnoxious.

Anyway, here are some of the more interesting rules that are new since the last time I looked:
We do not allow content that:
incites hatred against, promotes discrimination of, or disparages an individual or group on the basis of their... nationality, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or other characteristic that is associated with systemic discrimination or marginalization.

makes claims that are demonstrably false and could significantly undermine participation or trust in an electoral or democratic process.
Examples: information about public voting procedures, political candidate eligibility based on age or birthplace, election results, or census participation that contradicts official government records

promotes harmful health claims, or relates to a current, major health crisis and contradicts authoritative scientific consensus.

contradicts authoritative scientific consensus on climate change.

facilitates marriage to a foreigner.
Examples: Mail order brides, international marriage brokers, romance tours (I'd swear Google runs ads for those)
And I don't see it right now but there's also one in there about being pro-Russia.

Righty isn't gonna be happy.
Don't look at me, I just work here.