About images....

Board news and lame excuses
John Q. Public
Site Admin

About images....

Postby John Q. Public » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:41 am

I discovered that most of the attachments from the from the old board became unattached in the software update. They've all been fixed but some of the images that were linked from other sites have disappeared. Some of them could probably be repaired but they're all but impossible for me to find, since there's no little paper clip next to those posts. If you posted any that you're concerned about let me know and I'll see if I can fix them

I've put a width limit of 640 pixels on images because anything wider screws up the formatting, so anything wider than 640 will show as a link rather than an image. You might see some that are wider than that because the limit doesn't seem to be retroactive. And you might get an error message on linked images that the software can't get a "width" parameter for. Probably the best way around that would be to download the picture and post it as an attachment. That's probably the better way of doing it, anyway.

shreader

Re: About images....

Postby shreader » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:55 am

OOps, old thread #-o

Thanks for the heads-up JohnQ.
I hadn't read this post until I had already Added Files a image that I had resized to 800 pixels.
Hope it doesn't goof-up anything.
I noticed my imbedded YouTube video has the URL above the embedded video, as you said would happen.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:28 am

Yeah, the thread's so old that the sizes don't matter anymore. They've been auto-resized for years.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:32 pm

Was wondering if there's a way to change the size of images I post, sometimes they fill the screen when a smaller one will do
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:13 pm

You can resize videos using the old video button (it overrides the link method) but you can't with images. The code isn't written for it. The only way to resize an image is to download it, resize it, and then upload it as an attachment.

Example of a resized video (very cool series for any old time drag racing fans, BTW):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5tx-ntJEXw

The BBCode on that is [bbvideo=300,200] the URL [/bbvideo]
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Return to “Welcome and Board Announcements”