Costco = Censorship

Parrotpaul

Re: Costco = Censorship

Postby Parrotpaul » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:38 am

Well now! Great timing. COSTCO sent me a "FREE Costco Card! Need some help. I would like to tell them to go pound sand in as many languages as I can. Any help?

Red, FYI...Costco doesn't send out free cards. It doesn't need to...I'm calling you on your above statement...I'm thinking it's bogus.

Unfortunately, there is no free Costco membership or trial period where you can walk up to the door and get some kind of magic wristband for a day, or something.

If you’d simply like to see what the store has to offer, you are welcome to enter and walk around as a guest of a member. To buy goods, however, you must be a member or have a member make the purchase.....

http://20somethingfinance.com/shop-cost ... embership/

"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:41 pm

Imagine my surprise this morning when I opened my L.A. Times and discovered that the national #1 nonfiction bestseller was . . . you guessed it, "America" by Dinesh D'Souza. Yep, #1.

If it didn't sell at Costco, maybe it was because it was stacked behind the econo-crates of printer toner and the 100-pound bags of dog food. Since Costco is only interested in selling books that people want to buy, I'm sure we'll see it back on display in a day or two. Right?

Brooke

Postby Brooke » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:39 pm

Yep, and by feeding the fire how is it you are helping out?

I am in awe of the sheer hypocrisy and utter gall of this question. I need a couple of aspirin.
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:59 pm

MDDad, the point is moot. Costco has the right to sell what they want.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:36 pm

Absolutely. However, if they don't carry the best-selling book in the country, it's hard to convince people it's because the book didn't sell. If you haven't been to a Costco lately, you'd be amazed at some of the dog titles they have on display.

If the Angels want to release Mike Trout and let him join another team, they have the right. Just don't tell us it's because the guy couldn't hit.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:46 pm

I'm sure Costco has a better grasp on what is selling in their stores than you.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:05 pm

I'm sure they do. But unless zombies or space aliens are at work here, I'm reluctant to believe the book outsells every other title at all other outlets combined, but is a dog at Costco.

Brooke

Postby Brooke » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:08 pm

You knocked my socks off with that one Wabash. It was so good I award you with a booby prize.

Well, actually three, I'll throw in a baby booby too. :D
boobies.jpg
boobies.jpg (14.52 KiB) Viewed 1130 times

babybooby.jpg
babybooby.jpg (42.1 KiB) Viewed 1130 times
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:25 pm

I like boobies.

MDDad, I like conservatives like D’Souza and others who are defining this ascendant strain of victim conservatism by a man they deem aloof, unfocused and not terribly competent. Yet somehow D'Souza would have us believe that he has somehow managed in six short years to transform a nation once defined by staggering individual initiative and entrepreneurial abundance into a land of takers. And to D'Souza's credit, he has an audience willing to send him millions of dollars to preach it.
Last edited by Wabash on Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:23 pm

MDD, you're ignoring the fact that using the numbers D'Sousa himself claimed, the book was a dog. At least when Costco had it. It wasn't Costco's fault that the "simultaneous" release of the movie wasn't until a month later or that even people like me, who couldn't care less, now know more about the book than we want to because of the "scandal" that D'Sousa and his PR people created. And I still doubt that Costco would sell many copies since all those outraged Real Americans probably wouldn't buy their copy from them just to spite them - while making Costco's argument stronger.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Red

Postby Red » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:16 am

I would like to take this time to congratulate Mr. D'Souza and I know how he feels being censored. Oh well, we all have to fight through it. COSTCO was wrong and showed just how petty and political they are. Mr. D'Souza is a brilliant man and a brilliant writer. This piece deserves a Pulitzer!
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:52 am

Red, if I were on the Pulitzer awards committee I would give you an award for your last post.

joefutbol

Postby joefutbol » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:42 pm

Just left Costco and the book was in stock. Hillary's book was nowhere to be seen. Costco is a liberal hating, free speech depriving, communist organization full of Marx brothers. I burned my card in the parking lot right after I bought those delicious pretzel sliders they carry.

Return to “Reading”