Life's little piddly irritatations

If it doesn't fit anywhere else
Brooke

Re: Life's little piddly irritatations

Post by Brooke »

What does this mean? >.< I can't find it on google.
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?
ShiftyMutt

Post by ShiftyMutt »

It's a frustration smiley.. I can't figure out how the smilies work in this forum using the iPad.
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

There's no smiley panel on the mobile style. You have to know or guess at the codes for them. But there will be smilies on the next update, whenever that happens. Fairly soon, maybe.

All rubber is the only way to go with hoses. I needed a 75' one and that was all they had. Now I won't get anything else. Whenever I have to. The ones I have have outlasted their ends. And if you have to replace an end, find a brass one. The plastic ones are junk.
Don't look at me, I just work here.
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

All rubber hoses...great idea. I recently tossed my patio hose...all hoses conspire against humans to want to coil the wrong way...and replaced it with an eight foot marine hose designed for light deck use on pleasure boats. It's much smaller in diameter, so I command it...it doesn't command me. I like that in a hose.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke
ShiftyMutt

Post by ShiftyMutt »

I learned a hose trick years ago.. Wind it into a figure 8 and you won't have to fight it (except of course if you have Swan hoses).

And thanks, JQP for explaining about the smilies, I thought it may have been an oversight by me.
Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte »

Talk about commanding a hose... :lol:
We were at ship board fire fighting school in New Orleans.. This little guy insisted on taking the nozzle end during certification tests. His backup slipped and he went flying and flipping around for a couple of minutes before the rest of quit laughing hard enough to run back and turn off the valve.. :lol:
I don't suffer from any mental illnesses.. I enjoy them..
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

I knew this thread was in there somewhere. (RIP Trog)

How come when weather forecasts give a day's high and low temperatures, the low is actually the next morning? Shouldn't they give the low first and then the high so they're both on the same day? :-k
joefutbol

Post by joefutbol »

It’s forward looking. I doubt many people care to look at the weather to see what the low was while they were just asleep, it would be much more useful to know what it’s going to be while you’re sleeping tonight. My conclusion after spending way too long thinking about it, anyway.
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

I still have trouble with Monday night at 1:00/Tuesday morning at 1:00. I actually missed work because of that once. Something like "we're working overnight on Monday" and I thought it meant Monday night but they meant Sunday night. :oops:

And what kind of magic do the TV guides do when the time changes? Movies should appear to be an hour shorter or longer but they don't. How'z that work? :eh?: