PETA--A Dealth Cult

Items of a domestic nature
Fordama

PETA--A Dealth Cult

Postby Fordama » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:18 am

Apparently a chapter of PETA ingratiated themselves to a group of immigrants in a trailer park, then came back when they were gone and took a number of pets. There was video of the incident, and the state of Virginia is investigating. Here's a quick excerpt about one of the dogs, Maya:

Edward Armstrong, a spokesman for Maya’s family says, “They were waiting until they [the residents] weren’t home. One of [the] neighbors actually saw them taking another resident’s pet. They waited until that resident left… They had actually learned everyone’s schedule. They pulled in, they take the guy’s dog, a next door neighbor saw the whole thing.” Due to the questionable immigration status of the residents, however, they are afraid to come forward. Had a surveillance video not been available, the killing of Maya would have remained unknown, as were the fates of other animals who also went missing that same day, but which a subsequent investigation into the killing of Maya by the Virginia Department of Agriculture (VDACS) uncovered were also taken from that trailer park that same day and likewise killed. Among the dead were two four month old kittens, a six month old puppy, a one-year-old lab-mix, and another Chihuahua.

http://www.nathanwinograd.com/?p=15160

Turns out PETA also runs "shelters." That word is pretty loose, because they are not apparently facilitating adoption, but just settling for euthanizing as many animals as possible. Part of the investigation by Virginia found that adoption rates at PETA "shelters" were in the tens and twenty percents, while statewide the average for shelters was over 50%.

https://www.petakillsanimals.com/proof-peta-kills/

I understand fighting animal cruelty, but PWTA considers domestication as cruelty. I hope those folks get locked up before it further encourages PETA chapters around the nation.

Fordama

This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Parrotpaul

Re: PETA--A Dealth Cult

Postby Parrotpaul » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:52 am

All illegal companion pets need to be deported... the cost to spay all those fertile illegal companion pets is enormous to 'merican taxpayers...not to mention the millions of unwanted offspring these illegals will produce and the diseases they carry on their illegal tick ridden mongrel bodies...many of these illegal companion animals will be forced to hide and wander through the back alleys of life spreading disease and litters until they succumb to coyotes, psychopaths, PETA, a restaurant proprietor, or some other euthanizer.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Brooke

Postby Brooke » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:23 pm

I don't believe one word fordama. You have wasted your time.
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:31 pm

Yeah, fordama...liar. scumbag, air bag, doooosh bag, paper bag, bag head... get a freaking' grip and stop using all those phony phordama blog sites. Your students must twist you like a licorice stick...

I want you to show real facts. And links. I want links, or is that too much to ask of a public school arithmetic teacher? Notice how I never capitalize your name. :D
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:22 am

TV news story about PETA's theft and murder of pets...

http://wavy.com/2014/11/14/peta-silent- ... tolen-dog/

Debra Griggs of the Virginia Federation of Humane Societies has called PETA, too.

“Tell us what happened. I mean, if you have nothing to hide, why in the world would you avoid WAVY? Why would you avoid other inquiries?” Griggs said.

The Center for Consumer Freedom, a non-profit in Washington, D.C that says it aims to protect consumer choices, has also stepped in, since our story aired Wednesday, senior research analyst Will Coggin said.

“We put out a media statement nationally, alerting people to this incident, because it’s obviously very troubling … PETA needs to come clean with the public about what’s going on here. Has PETA been doing this elsewhere in the Tidewater region that we don’t know about?” Coggin said.

“I am grateful to WAVY for continuing to persist on this because we are doing the same thing. It makes no sense. A dog was stolen. Why is it not being prosecuted?” Griggs said.
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:28 am

PETA's bloodlust blunted:

Animal Advocates Cheer As Bill Aimed At High-Kill PETA Shelter Is Signed Into Law

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/2 ... 42866.html

A new Virginia law may put PETA's high-kill animal shelter out of the euthanasia business.

Senate Bill 1381, which was signed by Virginia governor Terry McAuliffe on Wednesday, makes clear that a private animal shelter is "a facility operated for the purpose of finding permanent adoptive homes for animals."

It's a small bit of language that could lead to a big change in the way that People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals operates its single shelter in Norfolk, Virginia, where the high-profile, celebrity-courting group is headquartered. There, each year, nearly every cat and a clear majority of dogs who go into the shelter wind up dead.

PETA lobbied against the bill, which overwhelmingly passed both houses with broad bipartisan support and will go into effect in July.

"To an organization like PETA, whose average kill rate of companion animals taken into its 'shelter' exceeds 90 percent, this bill posed a threat," wrote its sponsor, Virginia state Sen. Bill Stanley (R-Moneta), in an op-ed earlier this month. "PETA does not operate a private animal shelter 'for the purpose of finding permanent adoptive homes for animals.'"

Self-reported records filed with the state of Virginia show that last year, PETA's shelter took in 1,606 cats, of which 1,536 were euthanized. Of the 1,025 dogs accepted by the shelter, 788 were euthanized.

I wonder how many were stolen by PETA from good homes and families that loved their pets.

Fordama

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:43 am

PETA and its leadership, its focus, and it "ethical" treatment of animals has gotten progressively more radical in its approaches over the years. Shady relationships with extremist groups such as the ALF have changed what essentially was a reasonably "do good" organization into what it is today....a shadowy organization that sanctions illegal and clandestine methods to achieve their goals, the "ethical" treatment of animals. My support for PETA has changed significantly over the years.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:17 am

Is Virginia one of those places where they don't teach evolution? Somebody seems to have missed the lesson about dogs and cats.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Brooke

Postby Brooke » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:00 pm

Parrotpaul: PETA and its leadership, its focus, and it "ethical" treatment of animals has gotten progressively more radical in its approaches over the years. Shady relationships with extremist groups such as the ALF have changed what essentially was a reasonably "do good" organization into what it is today....a shadowy organization that sanctions illegal and clandestine methods to achieve their goals, the "ethical" treatment of animals. My support for PETA has changed significantly over the years.

ALF again? How many years ago was that?

How has PETA become more radical over the years?

Do you think PETA's goals are to kill as many animals as possible? What illegality and clandestine methods are you talking about?

Do you also keep an eye on PETA's critics and their latest actions?
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:30 pm

Read the article, and then come back and focus your arguments on that...not on me. Mine is simply an opinion based on PETA methods and its history over the past 35 or so years I have followed PETA. You want to know that history, look it up.

Brooke

Postby Brooke » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:05 pm

I know PETA's history and you are full of baloney. You made allegation's against PETA and I asked you specific questions that would satisfy my curiosity regarding those allegations, if you were honest enough to answer them.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:00 pm

You could start by reading the top half of the page.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Brooke

Postby Brooke » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:00 pm

John, you must mean the part about everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Which of course is true, but then so am I. I am familiar with PETA and I disagree with Parrotpaul's assertions. Did the rules change so that I am now not allowed to challenge opinions that I do not agree with?

I wonder if Parrotpaul knows that some corporations actually pay companies to go after organizations like PETA?

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:40 am

It isn’t often that I read an article that makes me slap my forehead in dumbfounded disbelief. But this morning’s L.A. Times provided me with a double-slapper.

Six years ago, an Indonesian macaque monkey grabbed the camera of photographer David Slater and took a picture of himself. Slater subsequently used that selfie of the monkey in a book. PETA sued Slater in a San Francisco district court for copyright infringement on behalf of the monkey, claiming the monkey’s rights were violated. They have since appealed the case to the 9th Circuit for review, and Slater has had to bear the financial burden of defending himself.

Other than radical Islamic terrorists, is there a more nutso organization or community of collective lunatics than PETA? If they can sue a photographer for copyright infringements, what’s to stop them from suing pet owners for unlawful confinement or kidnapping? Or worse yet, for groups like farmers, police departments and the military who use dogs to perform tasks, sue them for slavery?

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:20 am

Good lord..this story flashed by me on FB but I didn't click on it because I thought it was a joke. Hopefully he'll start up a gofundme page or something like it. I don't doubt that thousands of people would step forward.

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:24 am

Fordama wrote:Hopefully he'll start up a gofundme page or something like it.

No, hopefully the 9th Circuit (fat chance) will order PETA to reimburse Slater all his legal expenses in triplicate.

Return to “At Home”