"the inevitable disaster that will be the Trump Administration"

Omar Bongo

Re: "the inevitable disaster that will be the Trump Administration"

Post by Omar Bongo » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:21 pm

Capacity was 19,000 and he told us that "almost one million people" had requested tickets...

Tulsa Fire Department Says Trump Rally Attendance Was About 6,200

Fewer than 6,200 people attended President Trump's campaign rally at the BOK Center in Tulsa, Oklahoma, on Saturday night, well below the arena's capacity of roughly 19,000, according to the Tulsa Fire Department.

Andrew Little, the department's public information officer, told The Hill that a fire marshal recorded the tally at around 7:30 p.m., noting that the figure applied to scanned tickets from the event.

The number did not account for members of the media, campaign staff and those in box suites.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/5 ... about-6200
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:48 pm

Fox News Chris Wallace today to trump campaign adviser Mercedes Schlapp:

"Protesters did not stop people from coming to that rally. The fact is, people didn't show up," Wallace said, as Schlapp pushed back.

"I'd love to see a Joe Biden rally. Let's bring it on, because there is no comparison," Schlapp said. "The phenomenon of the rally came because of President Trump, and people came out."

Wallace responded, "Mercedes, please don't filibuster. We're showing pictures here and it shows big, empty areas. Frankly, it makes you guys look silly when you deny the reality of what happened."

Ouch!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-BB15NB5H
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump

broman

Post by broman » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:08 pm

A little Yellow Peril this morning from Peter Navarro

"China created this virus, they hid the virus and they sent over hundreds of thousands of Chinese citizens here to spread that around and around the world. Whether they did that on purpose -- that's an open question. But that's a fact."
https://www.newsweek.com/wh-official-ac ... 19-1512408

Hmm... China successfully used biological warfare on the United States to kill more Americans than 9/11.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:35 pm

Good argument for his base but other countries and the EU have all but defeated it, so gee, maybe the problem could be something else?
Don't look at me, I just work here.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:39 pm

We'll probably never know but I am very curious what happened with his rally. If it were any other kind of event it would be easy to blame COVID-19 (and be glad about it) but Trump cultists aren't afraid of no "kung flu," so I doubt it's that. Hell, half of them sound like they're eager to make their contributions to the herd's immunity.

And his popularity with his base hasn't dropped significantly and it was in a place that's so solidly red that any other campaign wouldn't have spent the money, so I doubt it was lack of popularity.

And there were only a couple dozen protesters and it's great to see teenagers and K-Pop fans punk him but there was no cap on tickets, so it wasn't that.

It was a vanity show that failed miserably and I'm glad to see it, but I'm also kind of worried. Don lost two Supreme Court cases last week and he has the two about his finances coming maybe this week. And Barr bungled the purge at the SDNY, so ya gotta know he's going to be really steamed. And we know how he gets when he's angry. Hang onto your hats, folks.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:11 pm

In the last couple of weeks Trump has sued or threatened to sue:

John Bolton for being a big meanie and writing a book.

His niece, Mary Trump, for also writing a book.

CNN for showing a national poll that showed Trump trailing his Democratic opponent Joe Biden by 14 points. (The Fox News poll shows Biden leading by 12.)

Facebook, which this week took down Trump-campaign ads because their use of a Nazi symbol.

Threatened to sue his own campaign manager, Brad Parscale, over his uphill reelection fight.

Trump’s campaign has sued The Post, the New York Times and CNN, and Trump has threatened to sue Nancy Pelosi, Adam Schiff, Robert Mueller and “everyone all over the place” over the Russia probe.

He’s been threatening to sue TV stations and a liberal group over ads criticizing his pandemic response.

Has even threatened to sue China over the coronavirus, and his attorney general, Bill Barr, has threatened to take action against states and municipalities whose pandemic-mitigation orders are too strict.

See a pattern?

How long till his campaign says, "vote for me or I'll sue you."
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:23 pm

Former GOP consultant, Steve Schmidt, sums up the Trump presidency.
It's just astonishing that this man is president of the United States. The man, the con man, from New York City. Many bankruptcies, failed businesses, a reality show, that branded him as something that he never was. A successful businessman. Well, he's the President of the United States now, and the man who said he would make the country great again. And he's brought death, suffering, and economic collapse on truly an epic scale. And let's be clear. This isn't happening in every country around the world. This place. Our place. Our home. Our country. The United States. We are the epicenter. We are the place where you're the most likely to die from this disease. We're the ones with the most shattered economy. And we are because of the fool that sits in the Oval Office behind the Resolute Desk.

http://lite.cnn.com/en/article/h_dd7e0f ... 7150230bb8
Last edited by John Q. Public on Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

broman

Post by broman » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:59 pm

More evidence

The gnawing in retired Army Lieutenant General Ricardo Sanchez’s gut began in June 2015, when Donald Trump rode a golden escalator to the basement of Trump Tower and announced his candidacy for president. In his impromptu speech, Trump likened Mexican immigrants to a plague. “They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume,” the candidate offered almost as an afterthought, “are good people.” Then came June 1 of this year. Demonstrators gathered peacefully on Lafayette Square outside the White House to protest the police killing of a black man in Minneapolis, George Floyd, were driven off by federal authorities wielding batons and pepper spray so that Trump, a self-proclaimed “law-and-order president,” could pose for pictures outside a nearby church while clutching a Bible.

For Sanchez, 69, it was the last straw. He had to speak out.

“I believe the president is a racist,” he told me. “The statement has to be made.”
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... mp/613279/

Our choice
Another disgruntled member of the "deep state" or a respected career military man speaking the truth.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:31 pm

Hypocrite

Conway Defends Trump's COVID-19 Language After Saying It Was 'Offensive'

Trump on Tuesday used the phrase "kung flu" during a speech to young supporters in Arizona.

[White House counselor Kellyanne] Conway defended the president's use of the term..."My reaction is that the president has made very clear that he wants everybody to understand, and I think many Americans do understand, that the virus originated in China," Conway said Wednesday.

Her comments on Tuesday marked something of an about-face from March, when [CBS News reporter Weijia] Jiang first alleged she'd heard a White House official call the coronavirus the "kung flu." Conway at the time urged the journalist to name the individual but acknowledged that using the phrase was "wrong."

"That's highly offensive, so you should tell us all who it is," Conway said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-BB15V9nM
George Will

Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:47 am

I guess 2020 does have its occasional bright spots.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:45 pm

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:42 am

Did I miss the tidal wave denouncing Trump's retweet of a white power video, and his inaction on Putin's bounty on American soldiers? Or were they just all predictably silent as usual?

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:39 am

White House Press SpokesBarbie is still saying Trump hasn't been briefed on the situation. ](*,)

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:25 pm

Should it bother me that their excuse is that it took 3 hours to get a hold of the President?

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:36 pm

No one could contact the president? How is that even friggin' possible? Does this numbnut understand the responsibility he holds?
George Will

Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:53 pm

"Hi, this is Donald. I'm out of the office right now... and what a great office it is. The best office in the history of the world. A big strong general - right out of central casting - came up to me just last week and said, 'sir, I can't believe what a great office this is.' So great. Please leave a message at the tone.

"If this is concerning nuclear Armageddon, please press 1 and one of the losers at the Pentagon will get back to you as soon as they're appointed."

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:56 pm

What Donald did the day he was supposedly briefed on the Russian bounties:

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:50 pm

Lord, I hope I never feel the need to brag about "acing" a test for dementia.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:16 pm

Benedict Donald.