The President is a Scumbag

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Re: The President is a Scumbag

Post by John Q. Public » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:59 pm

Donald going for mileage on Ingraham's misrepresentation of Sotomayor's statement, which was about the Conservative Justices giving preference to Donald's supposed "national emergencies" regardless of absurdity.

Don't look at me, I just work here.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:11 am

Tommy Tar wrote:Only 7 people in the world hate our President
You forgot some zeroes

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2 ... 10-charts/
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:48 pm

Re: Justices Ginsburg and Sotomayor, here's a real beaut:

“I just don’t know how they cannot recuse themselves from anything having to do with Trump or Trump-related,” the president said. He said Sotomayor – who was appointed by President Barack Obama – is “trying to shame people with perhaps a different view.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-BB10mDHT

Can you believe this unbelievably hypocritical wimp? And as with so many other things, his enablers just look away...

Be proud, "conservatives" :roll:
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:43 am

Hey, all you look-the-other-way republicans, how do you sleep at night?

Judge Expresses Concern For Stone Juror's Safety As Trump Continues Attacks

Federal Judge Amy Berman Jackson, who last week sentenced longtime GOP operative Roger Stone to more than three years in prison, on Tuesday expressed concern for the safety of a juror from Stone’s trial after President Donald Trump repeatedly accused her of being biased.

President Trump has claimed the jury was "totally tainted" and has called the jury forewoman "anti-Trump".

...Trump, while returning from his visit to India aboard Air Force One, dug in on criticism of the judge and the jury foreperson, calling her "totally biased, as is the judge."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-BB10meIE

So the president repeatedly publicly impugns the integrity of the judge, the forewoman and the entire jury in the trial of his longtime henchman and all we get is CRICKETS from our formerly principled friends on the right...

Seems there is no line this guy can obliterate that would elicit even a whimper from our emasculated counterparts...SAD
George Will

Donald Trump

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:40 pm

The president's backers are spending millions spreading lies about his possible Democratic opponents...shocking, I know:

Obama Demands South Carolina TV Stations Pull Misleading Ad Attacking Biden

Former president Barack Obama on Wednesday called on South Carolina television stations to stop running an ad from a super PAC supporting President Trump that uses Obama’s words out of context in a misleading attack on former vice president Joe Biden.

The Committee to Defend the President, a pro-Trump group, circulated an ad that falsely suggests that words Obama spoke in the narration of his own book were meant to describe Biden...

In an attempt to sway black voters in the state, the ad begins with a narrator saying “Joe Biden promised to help our community. It was a lie. Here’s President Obama.”

The ad then runs audio of Obama reading an unrelated passage from his 1995 book, “Dreams from My Father,” about a conversation he had with a barber in Chicago when he was a community organizer...

“This despicable ad is straight out of the Republican disinformation playbook, and it’s clearly designed to suppress turnout among minority voters in South Carolina by taking President Obama’s voice out of context and twisting his words to mislead viewers,” Katie Hill, Obama’s communications director, said in a statement.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/election ... r-BB10rfxh

I boldy predict nary a peep from Trump apologists...I hate being right all the time
George Will

Donald Trump

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:54 pm

Maybe we need a separate virus thread...or maybe this is just more of the usual scumbaggery...the day after proclaiming "It's going to disappear. One day it's like a miracle, it will disappear", the big dummy just doubled down in South Carolina -

Trump Calls Coronavirus Criticism Democrats' 'New Hoax' And Links It To Immigration

“We are doing everything in our power to keep the infection and those carrying the infection from entering the country. We have no choice...whether it’s the virus that we’re talking about, or the many other public health threats, the Democrat policy of open borders is a direct threat to the health and well-being of all Americans.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... n-at-rally

Didn't I tell ya? It's them damn Messicans again!!
George Will

Donald Trump

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:03 pm

What a supreme embarrassment to our country in general, but especially for so-called conservatives who support him:

Trump Urges Billionaires Steyer, Bloomberg Not to Donate to Dems

"I would find it hard to believe that failed presidential candidates Tom Steyer, or Mini Mike Bloombe[r]g, would contribute to the Democrat Party, even against me, after the way they have been treated - laughed at & mocked. The real politicians ate them up and spit them out!" the president tweeted Sunday morning.

"Tom Steyer who, other than Mini Mike Bloomberg, spent more dollars for NOTHING than any candidate in history, quit the race today proclaiming how thrilled he was to be a part of the the Democrat Clown Show. Go away Tom and save whatever little money you have left!" Trump continued.

"Mini Mike Bloomberg's consultants and so-called "advisors"(how did that advice work out? Don't ask!), are on the "gravy train" and all making a fortune for themselves pushing Mini hard, when they knew he never had what it takes. Don't pay them anymore Mike, they led you down a very dark and lonely path! Your reputation will never be the same!" Trump tweeted Sunday morning.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-BB10AM4G

A hate-filled little boy who thinks that everyone is as butthurt as he is. So sad...

Could you imagine being friends with this loser, let alone actually voting for him to represent your country to the world?
George Will

Donald Trump

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:03 am

Pretty much the Webster's definition of scumbag:

President Donald Trump drew condemnation for exploiting the coronavirus outbreak to push for his border wall...

The president retweeted a post from ardent supporter Charlie Kirk, founder and head of the conservative Turning Point USA, calling for a wall on the U.S.-Mexico border to stop the spread of the virus.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/intern ... and-gaetz/

Some amusing responses...one asked if the new wall will be airborne like the virus...

George Will

Donald Trump

BostonDave

Post by BostonDave » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:05 am

This guy is an abomination. He's unAmerican and anti-American. He's got multiple overlaying personality and mental disorders. I've been trying to get from cons what they could possibly be thinking. I've run across one or two that are honest. The rest cannot articulate what's happened to them to make them jettison so many of their core values for this guy. These times should be recorded as "The Great Shame". The time millions of cons went insane, lost their minds, because this is insanity.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:28 am

A poll saying much the same thing:

BostonDave

Post by BostonDave » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:59 pm

We're caught in the grips of a rampaging cult of personality.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:13 pm

Worse than that. It is the tyranny of the minority.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

BostonDave

Post by BostonDave » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:14 pm

What they might lack in numbers they more than make up for in adulation and allegiance. And it's even more complicated because overlaying it is white supremacy and a fear and loathing of the new and different. I'm convinced that having our first black president broke them. Was the last straw. Snapped their sanity because these times are indeed insane.

This idiot, right now as I'm typing this and with the death numbers still climbing, is talking about opening the country back up. Of course with his usual sycophantic support.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:59 pm

And his polling numbers have actually gone up! But they're still within the range that they're able to and I still doubt they'll ever hit 50%. Too many people out there whose opinions of him aren't changeable.

BostonDave

Post by BostonDave » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:07 pm

I swear I don't understand these polls. He makes a mess of something. Stomps around like a buffalo in a figurine shop, and his numbers go up.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:19 pm

Well, thankfully it isn't a whole lot of people who are causing the swings. Trump's polling has been unique in that it's only moved around within a small range. Past presidents have seen swings of 30% or larger. A big move for Trump has been 2%, which wouldn't even have been noticed in the past.

Presidents up until now had small groups who either thought that they could do no wrong or that they were the worst thing that ever happened to the country. But the majority of Americans were in the middle and they generally reacted as a group. Bush's numbers went way up when we responded to 9-11 and they went way down after Katrina.

Trump, on the other hand, has a large, inflexible group who can't stand him and a smaller, but still considerable inflexible group who worship him. With him, the smallest (very small - maybe 10% to 15%) group is the people in the middle and they're the ones causing the fluctuations. What motivates them, though, is anybody's guess because sometimes they react like you'd expect but sometimes, like now, they do just the opposite.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:46 am

Some perspective on poll numbers during a crisis of this type.

Those actually aren't very good "crisis-time" numbers; in the midst of something like this, a president should be able to crack the 70s without breaking a sweat. After the Gulf War, George H.W. Bush had an approval rating of 89% in Feb. 1991. The only president to beat that was his son, George W. Bush, who hit 90% in Sept. 2001 for his handling of the 9/11 attacks. Those results about Trump suggest the base, as always, is sticking with the President, and that he's getting the COVID-19 thumbs up from a very small fraction of voters who are not part of the base (maybe 5% of the voting public). Meanwhile, his overall approval is holding steady around 45%.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

BostonDave

Post by BostonDave » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:18 pm

How dangerous do you think this guy is to America? I think he's an existential threat to this country. I'm increasingly hearing other voices agreeing, or at least saying something similar.

The thing I'm not sure about is that for too many others they either don't see the danger, or believe that oh no way could it ever happen in America. Our system is undergoing an incredible stress test right now and so far it's holding up. But it's close. I would love to think we are indeed too strong and have too many safeguards and firmly rooted principles to let a classic demagogue with clear authoritarian leanings, lack of any principles or scruples, a sociopath, moron, idiot and man-child do us any real damage...........but we elected him to the most powerful position on earth. What does the forum think?

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:14 pm

Agree, but I think his dozens or hundreds of enablers are more dangerous. Donald will hopefully be gone in January. Most of the others won't be.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:51 pm

Maybe it's because they hear what they want to hear. At his "news" conference today...

Trump repeated his previous claim that "this was something that nobody has ever thought could happen to this country." He added, "Nobody would have ever thought a thing like this could have happened."

This is false.The US intelligence community and public health experts had warned for years that the country was at risk from a pandemic. Experts had also warned that the country would face shortages of critical medical equipment, such as ventilators, if a pandemic occurred.

Trump said, "We have to open up. We can't say, 'Let's close.' People don't want to close." He also said, "People want to go back to work. I'm hearing it loud and clear from everybody."

A Pew Research poll conducted March 19-24 found that 89% of the 11,537 US adults surveyed thought the closure of K-12 schools was necessary, 91% thought canceling major sports and entertainment events was necessary, 85% thought limiting restaurants to carry-out only was necessary, and 71% thought requiring most businesses other than grocery stores and pharmacies to close was necessary. A Fox News poll conducted March 21-24 found that 75% of the 1,011 registered voters surveyed supported a national "stay-in-place" order for everyone other than essential workers.

Trump repeated his regular claim that the trade deficit with China used to be $500 billion, saying, "$500 billion a year they were taking out."

There has never been a $500 billion trade deficit with China. The 2018 deficit was about $381 billion when counting goods and services; the goods and services deficit fell to about $308 billion in 2019.

https://us.cnn.com/2020/03/26/politics/ ... index.html
George Will

Donald Trump