Black players protest

Omar Bongo

Re: Black players protest

Postby Omar Bongo » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:34 pm

Professor Fate wrote:Source of the post Nike just lost $4.2 billion in the market today.

Nike Stock Price Reaches All-Time High After Colin Kaepernick Ad

Shares of Nike reached an all-time high Friday afternoon, rebounding from a recent dip spurred by concerns about consumer boycott after the athletic apparel maker signed a high-profile deal with former NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick.

Since Nike announced the campaign on Labor Day, shares are up about 4 percent. Longer-term, Nike stock has surged 33 percent this year.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/nike-stock ... d-boycott/

"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:41 pm

Bick wrote:Source of the postIf I understand you correctly, you're of the opinion you can determine one's beliefs by their behavior?

Seriously?
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump

Bick

Postby Bick » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:23 pm

I don't know what you believe, so yeah...seriously.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:53 pm

Determine, no. Surmise, maybe, on a case-by-case basis

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:57 am

John Q. Public wrote:Contrary to what you might read on Twitter, though, the search warrant was a standard one for evidence related to the shooting. How the evidence was reported might be questioned but the police were within the law with their search.

Maybe, but it seems like there is already a movement to justify someone being shot to death in their own home by someone who was clearly lost and armed.

This meme might be wrong in that she is being drug tested. Yet those results have yet to be made public.
Attachments
41772115_1857582577630761_5908327612773564416_n.jpg
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:22 am

I'd think any detective worth his salt would drug test the cop - especially after the marijuana was found.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:29 am

I would hope so.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Bick

Postby Bick » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:36 pm

Omar - does this fall into the "racist" bucket? Should these folks all lose their jobs?

https://youtu.be/YSjR8N75PU4

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:27 pm

I didn't click on the video

Are you asking do I think that this person, like Kapernick, should lose her job for expressing her opinion at work? I thought I was clear on that...
George Will

Donald Trump

Bick

Postby Bick » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:20 pm

Mainly wondering if you considered it acceptable that blacks call other blacks Dumb Negroes or Token Negroes in a national forum like the 60 second video showed.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:48 pm

Would "token African-American individual" have been more acceptable?

Bick

Postby Bick » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:03 pm

Are you good with it John? Or does the fact he supports Trump make it OK to be "uncivil" to him?

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:24 pm

The use of the term in this case is directed at Trump, so I don't see how it's being uncivil to Kanye.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:59 pm

Mainly wondering if you considered it acceptable that blacks call other blacks Dumb Negroes or Token Negroes in a national forum like the 60 second video showed

On one level, I do wish that all people relating their opinions to a national television audience would reign in their emotions and speak thoughtfully...civil debates are certainly preferable to emotional responses

Are you taking exception with the fact that there are different inferences, connotations, and rules for different races? Because there are differences, and for good reason, and there always will be.

A Chinese dude calling another Chinese dude a "dumb Asian" is just different than a white dude calling him that. The point is not whether it's "fair" or not, the point is, do you understand why it's different?

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:47 am

Few people understand the power-dynamics that accompany racism.
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Bick

Postby Bick » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:55 am

John Q. Public wrote:Source of the post The use of the term in this case is directed at Trump, so I don't see how it's being uncivil to Kanye.

This flew right over my head. Calling Kanye a dumb negro and a token negro is not an insult to Kanye, but to Trump. I must've been absent in logic class that day.

Seems that for decades we've heard those particular terms were considered extremely offensive to blacks, and should never be used, period. Apparently, it's all good so long as racial insults are perpetrated by those belonging to that race.

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:35 am

Bick, unfortunately many people (particularly on the left) still believe that the way to achieve racial equality is to treat races unequally.

Bick

Postby Bick » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:03 am

Character is supposed to be judged as opposed to the color of skin, yet skin color seems to be used as an excuse for the absence of character. Seems that thinking is catching up to them though, so that's encouraging.

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:57 am

Bick, unfortunately many people (particularly MDDad) still believe that the best way to have a discussion is to make comments about how others think rather than discuss what they themselves think.

"Apparently, it's all good so long as racial insults are perpetrated by those belonging to that race."

Yeah, that's about right. I don't necessarily like it, but when a black guy uses the N word to describe a friend it doesn't carry the same meaning as when a white guy uses the word.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Bick

Postby Bick » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:05 pm

I get the homie talk amongst the races and have no beef with it either way.

Clearly, the video I posted was not friends talking about another friend. The fact no one here is calling those 3 out on it, but instead deflecting or excusing it, is disappointing, but not really much of a surprise.

Return to “National”