First Charges filed by Mueller

Fordama

Re: First Charges filed by Mueller

Postby Fordama » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:33 am

Somebody mention Sarah Sanders?

This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:55 am

Two mildly interesting points:

1. Trump didn't deny it, although I don't know that anyone would give a straight "no" to the question.

2. The FBI opened an investigation but no findings have been released. Comey was fired almost two years ago.

3. Well, 3 points. Being a tool and being on the payroll are two very different things.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:00 am

Oh. Fourth point. Congressional Democrats say they're going to investigate this. Is this going to turn into another BENGHAZI ****show?

crayegg
Oversight Committee

Postby crayegg » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:35 am

No because they're not Republican.
I'll look forward to the mueller report.

broman

Postby broman » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:22 am

Justification for looking under every rock, stone and pebble....

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:14 pm

Congress attempting to do what Don's lawyers haven't been able to.

House Chairmen Issue Warning After President’s Statements on Cohen Testimony

Jan 13, 2019 Press Release
Washington D.C. (Jan. 13, 2019)—Today, Rep. Elijah E. Cummings, Rep. Adam Schiff, and Rep. Jerrold Nadler, the Chairmen of the House Committees on Oversight and Reform, Intelligence, and the Judiciary, issued the following statement in response to President Donald Trump’s comments last night on Fox News regarding Michael Cohen’s testimony before Congress:

“The integrity of our process to serve as an independent check on the Executive Branch must be respected by everyone, including the President. Our nation’s laws prohibit efforts to discourage, intimidate, or otherwise pressure a witness not to provide testimony to Congress. The President should make no statement or take any action to obstruct Congress’ independent oversight and investigative efforts, including by seeking to discourage any witness from testifying in response to a duly authorized request from Congress.”

Issues: Administration, Emoluments Clause, Ethics and Transparency, Russia

https://oversight.house.gov/news/press- ... -testimony

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:19 pm

He may very well have no investments in Russia. That doesn't mean there are no Russian investments in him.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Red

Postby Red » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:20 pm

crayegg wrote:No because they're not Republican.
I'll look forward to the mueller report.

It will be a nothing burger! Let me ask you crayegg, are you one of those team playing liberals that thinks Hillary committed no crimes? If you do, you are another poster that should lay low. Wait until the grans jury starting indicting deep state participants, one of which is the LIAR, James Clapper. You know, the liar working for CNN.
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:42 pm

Hillary has her own thread(s), Red. This one isn't about her.

crayegg
Oversight Committee

Postby crayegg » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:26 pm

Okay, Red. Good luck with that.

Red

Postby Red » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:13 pm

Okay, the fact is, Mueller is a fake and part the criminal syndicate! History will show he is corrupt or stupid. I say both!
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:12 pm

:eh?:
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:51 pm

One thing the new Dem-led House committees will investigate are Trump deals like this one in 2008.

Near the bottom of the housing crash Trump got a loan to buy a Palm Beach mansion for $41 million and subsequently flipped it, selling it to a Russian oligarch (who never occupied it) for $95 million. A more than 200% mark-up for the property when housing and property prices were still 20% below their 2006 highs.

Fed investigators say this deal bears all the earmarks of a money-laundering deal, but Republican-led committees investigating Trump-Russia ties somehow failed to deem this worth investigating. Go figure.
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:52 am

Professor Fate wrote:Preposterous! How does the difference between one poll showing Trump behind by 11, and another one showing him behind by 8 make any difference whatsoever in Russia's attempts to swing votes? Try again.

There is a great Op-Ed in today's WaPo that details why the polling data Manafort shared was a big deal.

Due to some sloppy editing, the world now knows that Donald Trump's former campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, gave polling data to GRU intelligence officer Konstantin Kilimnik. Many people may be wondering why this matters.But it’s a mistake to treat polling data as mere briefing material; it’s actionable information. Those of us in advertising use it to decide who to target; to position the brands we represent as distinctive from other brands; to develop messaging and ads; and to knock competitors out of their positions in consumers’ minds. We’ve known since 2017 that the Russian disinformation campaign during the 2016 presidential election did the same thing — aiming different posts at people who indicated that they “liked” patriotism or lived in Ferguson, Mo.

Passing on this kind of information gives a partner the ability to reach audiences in a very personalized way. And if that partner is a foreign country intent on influencing voters, exploiting divisions and disrupting elections, the data is priceless. It gives them the tools to get pretty close to the holy grail of marketing: to be in the right place, at the right time, with the right message.

This is precisely what the Russians would need in order to focus their election interference most efficiently. Were older people in Arizona worried about immigration? Then target older people with messages about how Hillary Clinton is weak on immigration. Do millennials in Colorado hate big banks? Then tell them over and over how much Clinton earned speaking to Goldman Sachs. Do religious blacks in Virginia have some qualms about Clinton? Then remind them that Hillary is the abortion-for-all candidate. The possibilities are endless. The data was worth its weight in gold (or maybe bitcoins, although they don't weigh much), so providing the Russians with invaluable data they couldn't get on their own is a very big deal. Some might even call it collusion.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:57 am

It's looking more and more every day that Vlad has something on Trump. Whether it be a pee pee tape, money laundering data, or dangling potential business deals.

If there is nothing in it for Trump, Vlad couldn't ask for a better stooge.

Keep in mind. The FBI gave Trump and his team a counter intelligence briefing and warned them that they should report any contacts with Russia. Not only did they fail to do so, but lied about it when asked.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:37 pm

Wabash wrote:Source of the post
There is a great Op-Ed in today's WaPo that details why the polling data Manafort shared was a big deal.

Speculation by the op-ed writer about what would be the value of giving detailed info on voters. None of that has been shown to have occurred. As far as he or anyone else knows, all he may have said is "Our polling shows our guy is closer than the polls you see on 'real clear politics.' "
Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:43 pm

Other than the fact that that isn't something Mueller or the court would be the least bit interested in.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:46 pm

Professor Fate wrote:Source of the post Speculation by the op-ed writer about what would be the value of giving detailed info on voters.

The writer of the Op Ed has made a very successful career in marketing and packaging a product to a targeted audience. I have more faith in his beliefs than yours.
Last edited by Wabash on Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:51 pm

Professor Fate wrote:Source of the post As far as he or anyone else knows, all he may have said is "Our polling shows our guy is closer than the polls you see on 'real clear politics.' "

Right...and for that he would need the data why?

Your speculation sounds a lot crazier than their speculation.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:00 pm

And, by the way the NY Times had to walk back a key part of their claims:

Correction: January 8, 2019
A previous version of this article misidentified the people to whom Paul Manafort wanted a Russian
associate to send polling data. Mr. Manafort wanted the data sent to two Ukrainian oligarchs,
Serhiy Lyovochkin and Rinat Akhmetov, not to Oleg V. Deripaska, a Russian oligarch close to the
Kremlin.

The article also states:
Both Mr. Manafort and Rick Gates, the deputy campaign manager, transferred the data to Mr.
Kilimnik in the spring of 2016 as Mr. Trump clinched the Republican presidential nomination,
according to a person knowledgeable about the situation. Most of the data was public, but some of
it was developed by a private polling firm working for the campaign, according to the person

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/08/us/p ... imnik.html

Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

Return to “National”