Newport-Mesa Seahawks Win Jr. All American Super Bowl

SK80

Newport-Mesa Seahawks Win Jr. All American Super Bowl

Postby SK80 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:07 pm

And so this is where it starts........ The Newport Mesa Seahawks are so good their two teams had to play each other in the Final! The winning "Blue" team has outscored its opponents 426-22 this season. Their toughest challenge came from Inglewood where the lines averaged 250 lbs... wait at 13-14 years old! :shock:

The success of this program is what is feeding Corona del Mar. Many of the kids choosing to stay at home with the Sea Kings. Well, Mater Dei has their hand in the cookie jar of kids so to speak. Standout rusher on both sides of the ball Ethan Watson will be headed to the Monarchs.

An All-Seahawks final results in another Super Bowl win for Newport-Mesa Junior All-American
http://www.latimes.com/socal/daily-pilo ... story.html

NMSeaHawks.png

Daforno

Re: Newport-Mesa Seahawks Win Jr. All American Super Bowl

Postby Daforno » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:37 pm

Remember how good this feels, especially when a lot of these kids play for MD and try not to beat up on MD or the parents of the kids they enroll at MD!!!!

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:16 pm

Interesting photo, SK80. It looks like the only "diversity" on those teams is one coach. Domingo would be ecstatic.

It's also interesting that if one kid opts to attend the only large private school in the area, it's because that school "has their hand in the cookie jar".

frankieboy1

Postby frankieboy1 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:47 pm

JSerra will get a few of these kids as well. 20% of the enrolees come from Newport Beach area.

SK80

Postby SK80 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:59 pm

Not sure what the reference to "Domingo" is pardon me..., funny I saw a bunch of kids with smiles on their faces....

The article does state one kid in particular but do not play semantics and three card monty in regards to what kids from Newport end up on Mater Dei sports teams. In fact I just watched MD beat CDM in the D1 Girls Volleyball game with your star player from CDM Siena Secrist beating her ex class mates. I also just saw the same play out in water polo with the Newport and Huntington kids beating NH and CDM. It is what it is MDDad but it's embarrassing you keep trying to candy coat those cookie thieves while their hands are in the jar constantly.

MDDad surely you are coming to the NEWPORT BEACH COUNTRY CLUB where Mater Dei peeps pay $1,600 party of 4 to tee off for their sports marketing so called benefit or charity or whatever you like to call it... In fact there are CDM kids right on the advertisement! You certainly know how to find Newport, play Newport, schmooze Newport and the parents for their kids.

Thank You For Your Support "All proceeds from this event will be earmarked specifically for the nutrition and branding geared at continuing the storied history and tradition of Mater Dei...."

Nutrition and branding!! Is that the same as feeding and marketing !!!!!!!!
LOL :lol:

MDGolf.png

Ramon

Postby Ramon » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:10 pm

So Mater Dei with over 50 years of supportive alumni & boosters all over Southern California should just stay in Santa Ana for it's fundraising efforts?!?! Don't be mad if we know how to raise money in style :lol:
Never Underestimate The Heart Of A Monarch
2017 Trinity League, CIF-SS Division 1, CIF State Open Division and National Football Champions

SK80

Postby SK80 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:11 pm

The only style I see is the carpetbagging going on around Newport and the OC! If you can't join em buy em!

Ramon

Postby Ramon » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:14 pm

2017 Trinity League, CIF-SS Division 1, CIF State Open Division and National Football Champions

Playthegame

Postby Playthegame » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:15 pm

Merica...

Daforno

Postby Daforno » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:27 pm

If a kid from CDM or Newport ends up at Mater Dei, I would imagine they do so with the blessing of their parents, ( I don't think MD kidnapped them in the middle of the night!!!)
Why so bitter at parental choices???
Aren't we always asking for more parental involvement???
I'm just asking is your absolute hatred for MD possibly because a family member or you know someone who tried to play for MD and didn't make the cut?
Just asking?

Ramon

Postby Ramon » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:31 pm

Ramon

Postby Ramon » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:40 pm

SK80 wrote:The only style I see is the carpetbagging going on around Newport and the OC! If you can't join em buy em!

But you can't hold Mater Dei responsible for the behavior of a few, sick twisted schools. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the whole CIF? And if the whole CIF is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our educational institutions in general? I put it to you, Gentlemen - isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do whatever you want to us, but we're not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America. Gentlemen!

SK80

Postby SK80 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:49 pm

Ramon you are over processing all this. I have no problem as I have stated umpteen thousand times in fact I cheer for them in many ways. When they play schools under the same rules, actions, ways of doing business. I'm ecstatic that the number 1 team in America in many a sport is from OC and the fact many of the kids from my neighborhood and community are representing not only our county but sometimes our country.

That said all I ask in try urn is to call a spade a spade and stop all the nonsense that privates, Trinity etc plays by the same rules thus all schools should be able to field an equal sports program. And I now believe it is finally at a point where publics should go back and be in their own divisions unless they choose otherwise.

Ramon

Postby Ramon » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:35 pm

The joke went over your head...My response was a parody of the Animal House courtroom scene...Relax...I understand your view point LOL

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:53 pm

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

cruiser

Postby cruiser » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:02 pm

Question - the article said that the newport jr AA green team had a player Preston Bond (one
the article noted) is a freshman at Newport Harbor high,any reason why he is not playing
for the NH frosh team?

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:14 pm

SK80, three weeks ago, watchersince68 started a thread entitled Czar For A Day, in which he invited anyone concerned about the existence of Super Teams, or what they see as the nefarious activities of the larger private schools, to articulate their concerns and propose solutions. You did not participate. Neither did Domingo, OC HS Football Fan, the Buck Brothers, or anyone else who has made a habit of criticizing what they believe is happening.

So I’ll ask again: What Is It You Want? What Would You Have Happen?

If you want to see privates be made illegal, that can’t happen. If you want to make it illegal for privates to advertise and market themselves, that can’t happen either. If you want privates to only enroll kids from within their cities, or within a given mileage radius, that can’t happen. If you want to make it illegal for Newport Beach and Corona del Mar families to enroll in private schools, that can’t happen either.

I know it’s a lot easier to whine and complain rather than to think creatively and debate what you want. I’ve done it many times myself. But it adds nothing to the discussion and will never lead to any solutions. And it certainly isn’t productive or attractive to project your intellectual laziness on others.

SK80

Postby SK80 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:53 pm

Pretty simple, a private school should be kept in it's own class, the class they have created by all the means you mention above. It's a free country and county last I checked and for those whom want to go to private institutions where the rules are different so be it. Play others whom do the same. Simple. And by no means would I restrict any public school that feels they can or want to compete in that arena whether it's an Open Division or whatever you might want to call it. Will it ever happen? I know there is much discussion about it. One other note, in football of all sports having kids play this game that is this physical and putting some 16th seed public against a MD is seriously endangering the younger less skilled and sized athlete. That alone should be up for discussion.

If I have not made myself clear a thousand times I do not have any ilk against the players or teams of any private. What I end up taking a position against is the actions of some of the adults whether fans or parents that are high and mighty to the point where they can not call the program what it is, make ridiculous claims that all things are created equal and ridicule and demean the rest of the public school and their athletics as sloppy seconds. These are kids trying to compete and learn some lessons in life and hopefully have a good time. I support their merits, their efforts all the way down to Division 13.

No matter what MV, SC, Edison, LH ever do they will never be at the level of what is being built in the Trinity League. To me it's not traditional high school football it is destination sport for money. Same sport, different game.

Hey just for the sake of it could someone post an MD Varsity Football Roster with where each player is from or attended Jr HS? Just curious if thats out there?

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:00 pm

No matter what MV, SC, Edison, LH ever do they will never be at the level of what is being built in the Trinity League

Please...Mission Viejo is 2-0 vs. the Trinity League this year and soon to be 3-0...and what about Centennial and Poly, what "level" are they at?

Return to “High School”