1) Time to give up the Huddle Drill. I always thought it was a source of pride for MD. Now it is downright embarrassing to watch. Many of the D1 kids clearly did not care. A few in particular were out of step the entire time, a few were even mocking the process. Clearly the prep kids lack any 3 stipe pride. What was ironic? FV out of respect after shaking hands, took a knee to watch. I bet ex MD player and current FV coach Nolan was saying "What the Heck"...I have seen mighty mite teams do better huddle drills. Have Mercy and stop pretending rip those three stripes off your helmet Rollo.
2) I never heard more parents concerned about their kids stats, not how the team is going to be
3) Rollo and Ernie are getting up there...me too, but I am not a coach
4) Why does MD have a real nice digital score board, nice turf but crappy at grade bleachers, that only the back row can see over. I have been told several hundreds attend the lower division games. At least buy some elevated stands.
I guess the scoreboard is good for recruits, put their name up on it when touring campus.
5) Campus looked real nice, updating everything...parking structure is going to be great. I cant believe the residence next to it did not put up a fit.
6) When MD decided to become a prep school, everyone thought it would take a while before kids quit, well it did not take long to impact the program. I counted 65 kids dressed out for the scrimmage, Varsity and JV. FV had about 85+. Why program not winning? One parent admitted to me, long time MD families are not all on board with the Prep program.