Yet Another Trump Win in the SCOTUS

Vilepagan

Re: Yet Another Trump Win in the SCOTUS

Postby Vilepagan » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:52 pm

Professor Fate wrote:Source of the post Well then I guess he's just gonna get beat up.

I guess so. I also guess you don't care about the consequences of your actions as long as the illegal gets deported.

There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:57 pm

I didn't beat him up.
Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:57 pm

Yeah, you're not your brother's keeper after all.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:57 pm

Supreme Court throws out lower-court decision that allowed immigrant teen to obtain abortion

The Supreme Court on Monday dismissed a lower court’s decision that allowed an undocumented immigrant teenager to obtain an abortion over the protests of the Trump administration.

The action, which came in an unsigned opinion without noted dissents, wipes out the lower court’s ruling as precedent.

But attorneys for the teen said it does not immediately affect a court order in place that temporarily allows undocumented girls in federal custody to get abortions as a broader challenge to administration policy makes its way through the courts.

...Administration officials said in a statement Monday that the high court has repeatedly made clear “the federal government is not obligated to help a minor get an abortion and may choose policies favoring life over abortion.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... 6de7bb2208

The court did not punish the ACLU lawyers for trying to keep the case from the Supreme Court, (by violating an agreement) by sneaking the girl out at 4:30 AM to get the abortion. They did say they took the allegations seriosly, but since the case is moot, it wasn't necessary to determine who was at fault.
Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:29 am

MDDad wrote:Here we go again. I almost hate to bring it up, John, but this is another example of the liberal hypocrisy on this forum.

Rarely does a week go by that someone doesn’t use words like this, or some version of “gummint” or “Ayrabs” to ridicule and belittle the mispronunciations and poor grammar of many ignorant, poorly educated Americans on the right. One can only imagine the moral outrage that would ensue if the ignorant, poorly educated residents of many urban areas were similarly ridiculed and belittled for their diction and grammar. But y’all doan hafta bleev me, y’all kin jizz ax anybody.

I’d love to hear an explanation of why one insult is considered humorous while the other is racist.

I know people who speak like that. I'm actually related to a few.
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:48 am

My condolences, you must be heartbroken. So why did it take you three months to fess up?

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:52 am

That's life.

I did have to jump down my step-brother's throat a few Thanksgivings ago when he called Black people "niggers' at the table. I wasn't having that.

He does like Mexicans, though. "I won't hire Blacks, but Mexicans work hard and don't steal tools. I hire as many as possible. "
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:04 am

Hmmmm. Surprised I missed "n_____s" on the censoring list. I think we'll live.

Not exactly on topic, but I thought it was interesting that a local anchorman would jump on one of Donald's tweets blaming "Democrat" policy for his separating kids from their parents.

Don't look at me, I just work here.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:05 am

Fordama wrote:Source of the post He does like Mexicans, though. "I won't hire Blacks, but Mexicans work hard and don't steal tools. I hire as many as possible.

Let me guess. I bet he also believes in wasting money building a useless wall.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:23 am

Fordama wrote:That's life.

I did have to jump down my step-brother's throat a few Thanksgivings ago when he called Black people "niggers' at the table. I wasn't having that.

He does like Mexicans, though. "I won't hire Blacks, but Mexicans work hard and don't steal tools. I hire as many as possible. "

There aren't many times your posts actually make my laugh out loud, but that last paragraph definitely did it.

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:53 am

Wabash wrote:Let me guess. I bet he also believes in wasting money building a useless wall.

Actually, only if he can get in on the action!

He likes his Mexican workers.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:41 pm

Yet another big Win for the President:

Breaking News!

The US Supreme Court says Trump CAN use military funds to build the wall. The court’s action is a stay of the injunction issued by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit on a 2-to-1 vote, and the litigation continues. The administration wants to finalize contracts for the work before the fiscal year ends Sept. 30.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/supre ... li=BBnbcA1

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:30 pm

Awesome. I'm sure the troops living on food stamps are ecstatic.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:35 pm

Voters won't be too happy with it. Diverting military funds for his wall/fence/obstacle doesn't poll well at all. Something like 30-70.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:46 am

Let's not forget that we were initially told that Mexico was going to pay for it.

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:47 am

Professor Fate wrote:Source of the post Yet another big Win for the President:

He won the unending gratitude of the military for taking away their money...they like it when the government takes away their money, especially for political reasons. You go girl. Keep cheering your guy on no matter what he does.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:12 am

And it opens the door for a future Dem president to redirect funds. To things like fighting climate change.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:56 am

Supreme Court Says Trump Can Bar Asylum Seekers While Legal Fight Continues

Oh Yeah! Winning!

Take that, Judge Tigar!

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:36 am

Congratulations on another humanitarian policy trashed. You must be so proud!

RPW

Postby RPW » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:29 am

I still find it scary the people who actually support this president and are walk among us in California.

BUT.. I do understand the concept of telling a person that is seeking asylum from 4 countries away "Please apply for asylum in those countries first before applying here" If you are escaping political, physical and/or cultural threats from your home country - once you leave that country you should give the next closest option a chance before moving on.

Similar to QB's of Southern California transferring from school to school. Hit up the next closest school before jumping to a different area.
I am The Voice of Reason

Return to “Immigration”