Jones by a landslide

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Jones by a landslide

Postby John Q. Public » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:04 pm

A Trump landslide. 49.5% to 48.8% with 98% of the precincts counted. About 10,000 votes separating them.

Morally good, politically who knows. Pretty amazing for a Democrat to win in Bama, either way.

Don't look at me, I just work here.

Fordama

Re: Jones by a landslide

Postby Fordama » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:12 pm

Interesting in that apparently Trump has seriously lost some popularity in one of the nation's reddest state. His chosen candidate in the primaries lost to Moore, then when he turned to support Moore he couldn't push him to victory.
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:29 pm

Everyone's waiting for the first tweet - who gets the blame? Not Him, obviously...
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:31 pm

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 21 minutes ago
Congratulations to Doug Jones on a hard fought victory. The write-in votes played a very big factor, but a win is a win. The people of Alabama are great, and the Republicans will have another shot at this seat in a very short period of time. It never ends!

Surely written by somebody else. Donald's probably still throwing the Lincoln china. He hasn't had a good week.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:02 pm

And the Dems will have a shot at his seat in a very short time. They are both up in 2020.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:21 pm

Didn't the Dems have a shot at his seat about 13 months ago?

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:11 am

I think the funniest thing I read this morning about the election results was from a disappointed Republican. He put forward the idea that since Jones didn't win with more than 50% of the votes he should do the right thing and vote with the Republican majority when he gets to Congress.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:53 am

The vast majority of white men and women voted for Moore. Says a lot about that demographics mindset. It's almost enough to make you think Deliverance was a documentary.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:14 am

MDDad wrote:Didn't the Dems have a shot at his seat about 13 months ago?

Aren't elections interesting when its one person, one vote?

ShiftyMutt

Postby ShiftyMutt » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:10 am

My favorite quote about this election:

J.K. Rowling @jk_rowling

Narrators voice: Roy was right. God was in control.
What he didn’t realise was, She’s black.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:09 pm

Moore tried to block the certification. A judge dismissed his complaint with prejudice.
Attachments
Moore.png
Moore.png (209.55 KiB) Viewed 195 times

broman

Postby broman » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:46 pm

Maybe its a good thing that the right wing media didn't respond to Moore's claims of voter fraud.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:07 pm

The Alabama Secretary of State says he only has had a little over 100 votes that were being investigated, while Moore lost by about 200 times that much.

By the way, speaking of voter fraud investigations, two days ago a nonprofit privacy group cannot stop President Donald Trump's election fraud commission from collecting millions of voter records, an appeals court ruled Tuesday.

A three-judge panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit determined that the Electronic Privacy Information Center "is not a voter" and therefore does not have standing to demand that the commission assess privacy concerns before assembling a vast database of voter information.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nati ... story.html
Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

broman

Postby broman » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:15 pm

Professor Fate wrote:Source of the post By the way, speaking of voter fraud investigations, two days ago a nonprofit privacy group cannot stop President Donald Trump's election fraud commission from collecting millions of voter records, an appeals court ruled Tuesday.

I assume you small government, big brother, state's right types would be against collecting millions of voter records. Like I said... I assume. Anyway, evidence is showing that Voter ID Laws only keep people from the polls.

in 2016. According to federal court records, 300,000 registered voters, 9 percent of the electorate, lacked strict forms of voter ID in Wisconsin. A new study by Priorities USA, shared exclusively with The Nation, shows that strict voter-ID laws, in Wisconsin and other states, led to a significant reduction in voter turnout in 2016, with a disproportionate impact on African-American and Democratic-leaning voters. Wisconsin’s voter-ID law reduced turnout by 200,000 votes, according to the new analysis. Donald Trump won the state by only 22,748 votes.
https://www.thenation.com/article/wisco ... -by-23000/

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:37 pm

Nonsense. Alabama has very strict voter ID laws, and that didn't seem to hurt the Black turnout one bit.

It's a stupid argument. Nowadays you can't even get cable set up at your house without a picture ID. Hell, they made me show ID just to pay the bill in person. --:--
Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

broman

Postby broman » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:46 pm

When the GOP loses in 2018 and 2020 any discussion about voter fraud will be all nonsense and stupid arguments. :thumbsup:

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:28 pm

Hell, they made me show ID just to pay the bill in person

Could it be because you don't have a Constitutionally guaranteed right to cable service?

Oh, and about the topic, Moore is an idiot and I hope he runs again in 2020
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:57 pm

Omar Bongo wrote:Source of the post Could it be because you don't have a Constitutionally guaranteed right to cable service?

Yes I do. It's in the same section where it says women have a right to kill babies, and guys have a right to go into women's locker rooms. :roll:

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:55 am

Moore refuses to concede. Does this make him a sore loser?

Return to “National”