Your cry for equality

watchersince68

Your cry for equality

Postby watchersince68 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:22 pm

Seems like in the course of a week Mater Dei goes from #1 in the world to just another
good high school football team. I said this game is cyclical and changes year to year
sometimes week to week. The loss of your QB, Oline, 3 receivers and D standouts will
change everything and your guys cried all year for nothing. Wa, Wa Wa, even Servite
will stand a chance next year. Who are "WE" going to moan about next year? Let's
start the new year off right.

jb914

Re: Your cry for equality

Postby jb914 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:53 pm

@Watchersince68

I suspect you will see a few more leave MD and some new ones come in, just like a lot of other programs in the southern section.

Seems to be a lot of smoke about Cathedral HS's QB Bryce Young and maybe some teammates enrolling at MD? The Cathedral Coach resigned after 22 years according to LA Times story.

So, that 500K you donated was put to good use. :shock: :lol: :roll:

watchersince68

Postby watchersince68 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:09 pm

jb914
I will be getting a refund after today's news.

SK80

Postby SK80 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:09 pm

some things change, some simply evolve. no doubt the exodus of talent by graduation is part of the cycle. thats why in HS and College sport it is so challenging to stay on top. it really is about the program first, the talent will follow and the top achieved again.

as for JT, looking forward to seeing what heights he reaches. his leaving has indeed leveled the playing field a bit. he was that good.

SK80

Postby SK80 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:10 pm

beers on WATCHER!

watchersince68

Postby watchersince68 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:15 pm

SK80
Sure for everybody but MrNiceGuy

ventura

Postby ventura » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:41 pm

watchersince68 wrote:Seems like in the course of a week Mater Dei goes from #1 in the world to just another
good high school football team. I said this game is cyclical and changes year to year
sometimes week to week. The loss of your QB, Oline, 3 receivers and D standouts will
change everything and your guys cried all year for nothing. Wa, Wa Wa, even Servite
will stand a chance next year. Who are "WE" going to moan about next year? Let's
start the new year off right.

My prediction is that MD is going to outperform SJB in the transfer arena to the extent that no matter how much talent graduates, they'll be the team to beat next year, and possibly for a few years or more. I'd like to be wrong, but I think they'll dominate as much in '18 as they did in '17. Transfers in D. 1 are going forward pedal to the metal, and it might just be that they'll have to search the nation for a close game. When the Monarch powers that be committed to this new direction it figured, with their tradition, alumni, and general wherewithal, that they'd be able to do it better than anyone else, by far.

I'll be watching the off season with interest in this connection (there's nothing else for me to do...everyone has already transferred out of Crespi...). HSFB at the top has become a bad car accident and I have this unhealthy urge to look at it as I drive by.

watchersince68

Postby watchersince68 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:53 pm

I would like to think that MD is the new SJB but as I have maintained from the beginning
the lure of having high school's best QB was quite a draw and guys wanted to play with
him. With JT gone who knows what could happen.

ventura

Postby ventura » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:01 pm

Watcher - credofriar, I think, said in the same post or group of posts some weeks ago that Daniels was gone and the Cathedral QB was transferring in. You may be right about transfers wanting to play with an elite QB. MD football admin. might agree with that, thus the bringing in of the Cathedral guy. Just a theory.

El Jefe

Postby El Jefe » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:40 am

Peepingtomsince1968, so you think MD football will be cyclical like MD basketball? This is a tainted championship which used mercenaries for a title. Rollo did not earn this one.
"Forget about the fact that the local Catholic Parochial School kids are now no longer a even a minor contributing factor in the Monarch Football Program but now we have players wearing a God Damn ski mask during a post game interview"

Domingo

joefutbol

Postby joefutbol » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:36 am

Didn't the JV go undefeated in league with like 70% freshman starters? As long as they're getting kids from the IE Ducks they will be on top. And there's plenty of time for transfers to come in.

jb914

Postby jb914 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:13 am

El Jefe wrote:Peepingtomsince1968, ......

OCHS Football is that you? :roll:

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:30 am

Oops #-o

Playthegame

Postby Playthegame » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:36 am

MD has a bigger Pipe...Show renews...nothing changes except the cast

TheFan

Postby TheFan » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:56 pm

such a false premise, to reach a conclusion. The way Bosco and MD run their program today. No public school in OC will ever be able to compete and it will take dumb luck for another Trinity school to upset them in football.
Comparing these two programs to the rest of OC is just idiotic...why is this so hard to admit it, This is the bigger question? SJB and MD will be even more competitive when SJB get their own home field.

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:33 pm

TheFan wrote:SJB and MD will be even more competitive when SJB get their own home field.

Please explain how Bosco getting there own home field will make Mater Dei more competitive?

Playthegame

Postby Playthegame » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:47 pm

Translation...MD will continue to steam roll and SJB will have room to pack fans...means more dough for the program, more money for new vans and drivers... :lol:

Then IMG, STA, Gorman, DLS, CC, Bosco, MD, throw in a Texas team or two they can form the HSFL...and play for a legit Naty every year! #nomyths #excelleration

Now that Jr. declares' are becoming the norm in College and soon will be in HS...it only makes sense...

Oh the poor mother's out there! Promises...promises...

TheFan

Postby TheFan » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:40 pm

I will re-phrase, when MD and SJB are recruiting, I think MD shows better than SJB. When recruits see the football only stadium at SJB, it will make things even more competitive. Just like in college ball it too is a football facilities race too. I have no doubt Cypress High Football boosters are ramping too

ventura

Postby ventura » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:51 am

"Then IMG, STA, Gorman, DLS, CC, Bosco, MD, throw in a Texas team or two they can form the HSFL...and play for a legit Naty every year!"

playthegame - I think this is a legit idea. Make HSFB national. MD and Bosco are headed toward being so much better than any other CA team (I think CC will start to fall behind, if they haven't already), and the transfer to all star team philosophy is so embraced now by the two schools, that a HSFL (LOL!) national football league is a good solution.

The rest of the CA schools wouldn't have to face the drubbing each year, the MD and Bosco fans could actually look forward to their games leading up to playoffs, and eventually I'd become a fan of both programs for So Cal pride, as people are USC/UCLA fans for that reason.

TheFan

Postby TheFan » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:09 am

Ventura, obviously I agree since have been saying the same thing for a while, But many MD fan disagree with me and say the main reason for Bosco and MD Prep are superior to other teams is their coaches and programs. Basically their coaches are smarter than the rest and the other facts have little to do with the domination. If I recall THS was a solid program but some how when the coach went to Bosco his IQ went thru the roof. Its amazing if you coach in Bellflower one becomes the next Lou Saban, but at a public school your understanding of football becomes diluted.

Return to “High School”