2018 Sunset League/DII/DIII

SK80

Re: 2018 Sunset League/DII/DIII

Postby SK80 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:28 pm

"Our" field --:--

RoadRunner

Postby RoadRunner » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:33 pm

SK80 wrote:@BigAnt which 7 on 7 were you at? Curious as so far only Narbonne squeezed out narrow possession win against CDM. So far two schools on their schedule Edison and San Clemente they beat handily 7v7.

As for size I am eyeing that up on the lines..., as far as receivers yes, HUGE :shock: CDM's never been a team built on speed but execution. However every year they play an IE team in CIF all we here is they won't handle the other teams speed and in the end it has been the execution beating speed. The game versus Roosy last year was epic and the dual with Downey as well, both teams with electric speed....

I like how you always bring up Roosy "electric speed"...lol...Roosy was the 3rd place team from the BIGVII. They were blown out by CC who dropped 72 points on them and 727 yds of offense. They were blown out by Norco who dropped 83 points on them and 883 yds of offense...yet CDM struggled with them and needed a last 2nd TD to win??? :mex:
" Inter-National Scouting Director for Youth Football"

BigAnt5050

Postby BigAnt5050 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:38 pm

I think Edison will be Edison, they did loose a lot of key players but I'm sure they have got some players ready to go,will see. HB's players are battle tested from last season, they put up points in every loss, except for Edison and Los Al. QB is still the weak point on O, The freshman that started last season transferred to Edison, so the JV qb has been getting the start. but the defense should keep them around in some games.

SK80

Postby SK80 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:09 pm

BnP it was the IE posters and yes over on your board smacking beach boy football saying all that jabber...... CC and Norco are at another level..... Roosy and Santiago were second to them.... Don' make me start calling your team Nor"moo" like OfficerDick!

RoadRunner

Postby RoadRunner » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:43 pm

You tell officerpito Norco is going to get in VM azz this year week 4
" Inter-National Scouting Director for Youth Football"

MrNiceguy

Postby MrNiceguy » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:29 am

BigAnt5050 wrote: but they don't look like they have much speed. speed will get them if they encounter it. just my opinion from seeing them in 7 on 7 games.

How did HB do against CDM in the 7 on 7 games? Does HB have any speed?

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:47 am

10 Posts removed because of name calling, threats, etc.

Play nice, guys. It's only high school kids playing a game.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Bick

Postby Bick » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:23 am

Thanks John.

BigAnt5050 wrote:Source of the post I think Edison will be Edison, they did loose a lot of key players but I'm sure they have got some players ready to go,will see. HB's players are battle tested from last season, they put up points in every loss, except for Edison and Los Al. QB is still the weak point on O, The freshman that started last season transferred to Edison, so the JV qb has been getting the start. but the defense should keep them around in some games.

HB started a bunch of young guys last year amidst some of the turmoil there. Seems Coach Brown and his staff are solid guys from my interactions with them the past couple years. I think they've got a puncher's shot at Edison this year. Except for the past 2 years, they played fairly tight games the previous 3. Those were the Kai Ross years...maybe someone in the orange and black can have a similar impact this year?

SK80

Postby SK80 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:27 am

Can any kid in this Huntington Beach Union School District move about any of the schools..? If you live in Huntibton Beach can you pick Edison or HB and what are the parameters or rules?

TheFan

Postby TheFan » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:44 am

SK, Yes and no. You have your area of attendance, i.e your natural HS boundary, but if you want to go to any school you have to get permission from the school you may want to attend. Most of the schools are not impacted, except FV. Historically FV lost athletes to Edison, and HB lost football players to Edison. I am hearing HB has become the baseball destination in the district just like Edison used to be for football. Best to make this move 8th to 9th grade.
We welcome kids from Newport District, just ask Dave White.

Since all districts in OC are competing for kids, HBUSD allows student outside the district to come in. I am hearing FV is really impacted, their maybe 1000 kids from outside the district, vast majority Asian and do not play sports.
Don't go near the school before and after the bell. Nightmare traffic due to this issue. This is why attendance means nothing at HS.

SK80

Postby SK80 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:54 am

So basically if you are great baseball and HB wants you then you are in easy peasy. But do you still have to live in the city or natural HS boundary or anywhere in the district? If I read you a kid from Tustin can go to HB to play baseball while he commutes and resides in Tustin? :eh?:

I know things are loosing up but I do not think a kid from Tustin can go to CDM if he resides in Tustin?

BBB

Postby BBB » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:15 am

A kid can go anywhere he wants as long as the school district where he lives grants him his release and the school he is going to admits him. The issue is some school districts are less willing than others to grant kids a release.

4ks.up

Postby 4ks.up » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:47 pm

Like it was mentioned. It is best to decide what school in the HBUHSD you want to attend before 9th grade. After that you will have to have a good reason (like any transfer) on why you want to transfer, or they transfer you because you cause too much trouble.

HB - Baseball
Edison - Football
FV - Used to be band
OV - Basketball?
West. / Marina - Umm?

I've seen kids go to certain HS because their parents work in the area and it is easier for the parents to drop them off at a school near work. I used to work at one of the HS in the HBUHSD and had students from Anaheim, Tustin, etc.

SK80

Postby SK80 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:18 pm

I am going to have to update myself on the Newport-Mesa School District rules... are we now in a time that ALL schools will accept any student should another school release them? To go to CDM you had to live in the district or at least you used to. And if you didn't want to go to your boundary/neighborhood school you petitioned but there were very few spaces each year for such a transfer or move.

TomDrake

Postby TomDrake » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:01 pm

HB and Newport Mesa have the same basic open enrollment rules within their district boundaries. If you decide before 9th grade it’s pretty wide open as long as there is available space at the school. Since CDM has a smaller campus they may not have as many openings. But I’m sure they would find some space for really good athletes.

SK80

Postby SK80 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:01 pm

ya intra-district is not too much of a problem but how will it be for a kid outside the district....? I suppose a family could move to Costa Mesa and be within district and then want to petition over to CDM..? Where would one go to look up all the rules... --:--

TheFan

Postby TheFan » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:41 pm

Schools of Choice for Sports in HBUSD

Football, still Edison but has cooled off for many reasons, Dave W, Pop Warner..
Basketball, Not so much OV, pretty wide open since Harris passed, maybe slight nod to OV
Baseball, HB appears to be in the clear lead
Track, Depends on event, jumping Marina, FV most likely best overall program...
Waterpolo, Edge to HB
Swimming, Toss up Edison or HB...
Girls BB...maybe HB...One has to join coaches club in middle school, used to be Edison too before coach passed and he too was tied to one of the best club programs in So Cal.
Softball, now HB, since coaches are tied to one of the best perceived club teams. Marina and Edison used to be lead schools but coaches that recruited no longer there for various reasons.

Leather helmet

Postby Leather helmet » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:03 pm

Hbuhsd is only a high school district as long as you live within the district you will be most lowly able to go to any high school by the date listed by district usually its late March . Intro district transfers require your home district to release you I believe and then the new school district has to accept you. If you get in then you will be able to pick a school depending on enrollment numbers. And yes reasons for the transfers include parents working near the school etc.

NotDonaldBren

Postby NotDonaldBren » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:15 pm

TheFan wrote:Source of the post Schools of Choice for Sports in HBUSD

Just for fun, what if a kid is a legit 3-sport star, in say, football, basketball, and baseball? What's the school of choice?

Bick

Postby Bick » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:57 am

The one he could walk to and be with his friends.

Return to “High School”