What has happen to Servite football

MD lives forever

What has happen to Servite football

Postby MD lives forever » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:19 am

All the kids are transfering out, word is Dane Jako is the new OC for the servite varsity team

SoCalFball

Re: What has happen to Servite football

Postby SoCalFball » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:02 am

Servite doesn’t want to use the same amount of resources that the rest of the league is using. Kids see that and I guess decide to leave. Maybe it’s the head coach. This is gonna be his third OC in as many seasons. That can’t be good on any level of football.

watchersince68

Postby watchersince68 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:44 am

It would appear Servite is disinterested in what it takes now to compete in the new world. From the outside it looks as if they are taking the noble approach and play with who you came to the dance with. Taking this approach it seems like they would not mind moving down a couple notches in the playoffs. This might all be good until the supporters eventually revolt. And then I could be sucking eggs and have no clue what I am talking about.

FriarJoe

Postby FriarJoe » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:40 am

It’s no secret that the school administration does not wish to put the resources into football that other Trinity League schools do. As a result, this is what you get. I don’t think anyone at the school would mind playing D2 ball and having a chance to make noise in the playoffs versus trying to compete in the arms race that Bosco and Mater Dei are now doing. Sure it sucks to lose and it really sucks to lose very badly but football is just football at the end of the day. Winning in football is fleeting and at the end of the day I think the School administration at the highest level wants to focus on other goals. What seems to be missing a bit in my view is that, as Bosco has somewhat showed, that if you put some money into football, then some money can flow from that through which you could possibly do other great things for the School. I’m not sure how the numbers shake out at the end of the day (tuition reductions on numerous players plus coaching salaries/stipends versus the upside in donations and revenue...not sure if it makes economic sense all the time).

I think in measuring Servite you have to compare it to the other trinity teams (minus Bosco and MD since they clearly want to play by a totally different set of rules). On that standard, the program isn’t doing that awful although there is plenty of room for improvement. The head coach has to go obviously. He hasn’t gotten it done.

cruiser

Postby cruiser » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:18 am

It's not that the Servite administration does not want to put the resources into the
FB program I'm thinking but rumor among some Servite fans think the administration
might have overextended itself financially over the last several years especially
with the new aquatic complex, etc;,they could have downsized it and saved a ton
of money some say but they wanted to keep up with SM and JSerra, etc., and
I personally don't know if it's going to greatly help their WP and swimming programs
to the extent of becoming a high level aquatic power.

Though the complex can be rented out to clubs, etc., and that was possibly the thought,
but the school really needs to do something about parking there. I'm surprised neighbors
have not complained to the school or city officials about it.

Red

Postby Red » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:20 am

Where is lurker82/cockroach to explain all of this? :mrgreen:
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

MD lives forever

Postby MD lives forever » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:32 am

Well said Friar Joe, the school obviously is going a different direction and they should be put in division 2 if not division 3 to be more competitive with the talent that is left. From what I've heard over 90% of the talent that they have looked too has transferred or is currently in the process of transferring which is sad to see but this is the way the new age of high school football is going players only want to play on championship teams with an All-Star list of talent and parents want to go where the hype is trying to get their kids surrounded by the best coaching and talent money can buy in hopes that their son will get his free tuition and multiple college offers

SoCalFball

Postby SoCalFball » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:44 pm

I think it’s only a matter of time before Titus Tolar, Trent Mcduffie and KJ Truillio transfer. Then what talent will be left?

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:48 pm

If Toler or McDuffie were to leave, it won't be because of playing time, because they are starters already. I expect Toler will move to safety, and Trujillo will return to starting at CB, as will McDuffie. All will see action on offense as well.

And it won't be for exposure. because Toler already has multiple D1 offers, including UCLA, Colorado, and San Jose State. McDuffie also has multiple D1 offers including USC, Cal, Utah, and Notre Dame. Trujillo has multiple D1 offers including Colorado, Nevada, San Jose State and Utah State.
Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:58 pm

You started off well:
FriarJoe wrote:It’s no secret that the school administration does not wish to put the resources into football that other Trinity League schools do

I think most anyone would agree with you, a refreshingly honest observation. Well done.

But then...

FriarJoe wrote:Source of the post (minus Bosco and MD since they clearly want to play by a totally different set of rules)

What you think they want to do is irrelevant, what matters is what they do...the same rules apply to everyone, do they not? Servite for whatever reason has made a conscious decision not to go in that direction, that's all.
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

NJtoNYCtoSOC

Postby NJtoNYCtoSOC » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:04 pm

I can’t see Servite dropping into D2 anytime soon. Besides the Big 3, they could beat anyone else in D1 this year. And they would have trounced the teams at the bottom of D1. I think it’s going to be quite awhile before there are 18 teams in the SS better than Servite, especially with the current exodus of talent at the IE publics not named Cen10.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:59 am

I can’t see Servite dropping into D2 anytime soon

But just to show you what pride will do to you, that's exactly what some Servite fans are proposing. To paraphrase Lucifer in Paradise Lost, "Better to reign in D2 than serve in D1."
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:22 am

Using the CIF's divisional placement forumula, the Friars are probably in the bottom five of Division 1. But dropping a division is a two-sided coin, and it requires that five teams from D-2 (or D-3, D-4, etc.) will have shown enough improvement in the formula to move up and replace them. That's not likely in the next two or three years. The strength-of-league component will always work against Trinity League teams dropping down.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:07 pm

So kick MD and Bosco to a freelance status, and reorganize into a more principled league, and that problem is solved.
Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:09 pm

That's funny. Do you also dream that you created the heavens and the earth in seven days?

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:59 pm

In Fate's Fables the Fox didn't eat the grapes because he was "more principled"...ROFL
George Will

Donald Trump

hit the lights

Postby hit the lights » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:35 am

Is it safe to say, Servite will be looking for a new head coach next year? I dont see Servite making it out of the Cellar this next year. Maybe they drop to D-2 with Loyola? The Trinity is now becoming a best of the best and some of those schools cant compete at that level. The only way Servite gets back to their championship level is bringing in a staff that can attract the talent, the real talent and offer them things like next level success and opportunities, while building
like TT did. BOOSTERS, does Servite have any? What happened to all the houses Servite had for their players to live in?

Dailydose

Postby Dailydose » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:37 am

Let's just call it what it is. Servite is run by a bunch of Pu....s that never were competitive in anything. Servite is done, I called it years ago. With Bowenpart in charge they will always be in the cellar.

watchersince68

Postby watchersince68 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:34 am

Professor Fate wrote:So kick MD and Bosco to a freelance status, and reorganize into a more principled league, and that problem is solved.

to paraphrase "we don't want to work as hard we just want to win it all"

itsmyopinionx

Postby itsmyopinionx » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:54 pm

I'm 99.9% sure Toler, McDuffie and Trujillo are leaving. I hear Caden Bell is too and that Jako told them they should leave because the team won't be any good this year. Meyer is looking to leave as well. I get that Servite isn't going to sell it's soul to compete with those other teams but you could still be good if you can maintain the talent you have. Then you build from there. If you keep those listed above along with Lytle and the 2 other kids that left (I think they came from MD) last year, you can at least compete. I think that's all the students, parents, alumni want. Unfortunately, administration has shown that it couldn't care less about football or basketball for that matter at Servite. Applications are down by a lot and that is directly related to sports. Alumni from the 80's who now have kids that are starting to go to high school are sending them elsewhere because it's pretty clear that despite many people trying to speak with administration, that they just don't care. When you are spending $17k to send your kids somewhere, you want the whole experience. Sorry, it's great that soccer, wrestling, volleyball and robotics are good but those are not the events that alumni are bringing their kids to and socializing at. It's football and basketball....I'd be curious to see how the fundraising is going at Servite as well.

Return to “High School”