New California declares 'independence' from California

John Q. Public
Site Admin

New California declares 'independence' from California

Postby John Q. Public » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:28 pm

Don't forget your passport when you leave for work.

The founders of New California took an early step toward statehood Monday with the reading of their own Declaration of Independence from California, a state they describe as "ungovernable."

Their solution: Take over most of current-day California — including many rural counties — and leave the coastal urban areas to themselves.

"The current state of California has become governed by a tyranny," the group, led in part by vice chairman Robert Paul Preston, declared in a document published online.

"After years of over taxation, regulation, and mono-party politics the State of California and many of it’s 58 Counties have become ungovernable," the group said in a statement, citing a "decline in essential basic services" including education, law enforcement, infrastructure and health care.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 036681001/

Don't look at me, I just work here.

Fordama

Re: New California declares 'independence' from California

Postby Fordama » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:35 pm

They're not too good at math. Many, if not all, of the most populous counties in that map were blue last election. None of the counties south of Kern were red. I think there are only two counties, Tulare and Placer, that are over a quarter of a million people in that "new" state were red last time.

If they think that folks in OC or San Diego are going to want water handled differently, they're in for a big surprise.
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:04 pm

This is yet another example of a group that believes in "one acre, one vote."

As an example, Siskiyou county is the fourth or fifth largest county by area. Yet it only has a population equivalent to that of being between Brea (38K) and Cypress (48K).

What can they really afford?
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:29 pm

Fordama wrote:Source of the post If they think that folks in OC or San Diego are going to want water handled differently, they're in for a big surprise.

Imperial County has a governing body named the IID. Imperial Irrigation District. They believe their water rights to the Colorado River are summed up with "first sight, first right."

I don't see that changing either.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

SoulPatrol

Postby SoulPatrol » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:58 pm

Passports?

So, are you suggesting that travel within the US should have more stringent identification requirements than entry from a foreign country?

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:55 pm

I was kidding. I'm fully aware that we don't need passports or ID to travel between states. Even when one is a liberal bastion and the other is a safe space for snowflake Conservatives. :mrgreen:
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:27 pm

Actually, that's not a bad idea. That would've kept out those thousands of Massachusetts residents bused in to vote illegally in New Hampshire...
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:33 am

John Q. Public wrote:Source of the post I'm fully aware that we don't need passports or ID to travel between states.

I may be just being overly paranoid. I take my passport when I travel outside the state.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:13 am

Just an FYI.

TSA Real ID Enforcement

WASHINGTON – The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) will begin posting signs at airports this week notifying travelers that beginning January 2018 it will start enforcing REAL ID requirements at airport security checkpoints, meaning that travelers seeking to use their state-issued driver’s license or identification card for boarding commercial aircraft may only use such documents if they are issued by a REAL ID compliant state or a non-compliant state with an extension.
Attachments
TSA States.jpg
TSA States.jpg (37.49 KiB) Viewed 358 times

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:52 am

This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Playthegame

Postby Playthegame » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:57 pm

Maybe they will build a wall...

Return to “California”