What is it about Mater Dei?

Ramon

Re: What is it about Mater Dei?

Postby Ramon » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:29 pm

RoadRunner wrote:Ramon ...It would be safe to assume none of these interactions were with parents who kids come from the IE or LA? This cats don`t wear Polos or sweaters...lol...And Im guessing the small talk didn`t include my n i g g a, my n i g g a this...my n i g g a that

Saddleback Church has campus in Los Angeles & Corona...So they probably don't make the drive up the Toll Road for services at the main Lake Forest sanctuary...But if they included "my n i g g a" in small talk I wouldn't haven't even been shocked...Rick Warren has always said that Saddleback is a “inclusive church” according to Pastor Rick this means a “church” that includes a broad spectrum of believers with a common cause...In my line of work I work with all kinds of people...In the wise words of the Wu-Tang Financial...

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:52 pm

Greenwave wrote:Source of the post all CIF rules will be push to the max definition

Nice...when there's no evidence they broke any rules, criticize them for following the rules :roll:
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

WantTheNFLBack714

Postby WantTheNFLBack714 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:48 am

what is the reason why it's difficult to transfer to MD for your senior year but much easier to transfer for your sophomore year or junior year? is it because of certain graduation requirements?

cruiser

Postby cruiser » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:17 pm

Actually a lot of what people say are senior transfers into MD are technically JUNIOR transfers
as they are transfering in at the start of the second semester of their junior year into MD, fyi

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:20 pm

Just semantics. Their first season at MD will be their senior season.
Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

WantTheNFLBack714

Postby WantTheNFLBack714 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:15 pm

specifically what I meant, was transfers to MD as in literally starting their senior year at MD.

cruiser

Postby cruiser » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:34 pm

But, again, technically and also legally for whatever reason, a student who transfers
into a new school in the second semester of his/her junior year (having completed the first semester of his/her junior HS year) are academically recorded as juniors, no biggie but it is what it is. -Just calling it as it correctly is.. This has nothing to do with student athletic type transfers, fyi

WantTheNFLBack714

Postby WantTheNFLBack714 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:34 am

so I guess that's a major reason why my friend had difficulty and was unable to transfer to MD for his senior year, as in, literally starting his senior year at MD, not transferring in for second semester of junior year. Senior transfers is the most difficult.

Also, how much percent of MD students had been attending parochial school their whole life? as in, attended private, catholic/christian elementary and middle school before MD?

jb914

Postby jb914 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:54 am

Also, how much percent of MD students had been attending parochial school their whole life? as in, attended private, catholic/christian elementary and middle school before MD?

I would estimate that at 60%+

Catholic elementary schools have always been feeder schools for any of the Catholic high schools.

SK80

Postby SK80 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:05 am

better or more on our point question is how many in SPORTS attended parochial schools from grade school on up...?

WantTheNFLBack714

Postby WantTheNFLBack714 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:07 pm

ya that's a very good question, I believe Taylor King grew up going to public school

El Jefe

What has happened to MD football

Postby El Jefe » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:53 pm

This was a program that had integrity and now has NONE. Rollo has gone to the dark side and will have a tarnished legacy. Even many MD posters feel that MD has sold out. Oh and by the way, why can't MD homers on this site try to be gracias winners? It is disgusting that MD homers constantly barrage Servite, I guess that happens when high school was the high point of their lives.....Waiting for MDMOM and peepingtomsince1968 to respond.
"Forget about the fact that the local Catholic Parochial School kids are now no longer a even a minor contributing factor in the Monarch Football Program but now we have players wearing a God Damn ski mask during a post game interview"

Domingo

Omar Bongo

Re: What has happened to MD football

Postby Omar Bongo » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:57 pm

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

El Jefe

Postby El Jefe » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:09 pm

Wake up old man, your shift at Mickey dees doesn't start until 8am :D
"Forget about the fact that the local Catholic Parochial School kids are now no longer a even a minor contributing factor in the Monarch Football Program but now we have players wearing a God Damn ski mask during a post game interview"

Domingo

MD lives forever

Postby MD lives forever » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:00 am

Agree ever since the new era of transfers in large numbers, Rollo has basically soldout and now has many MD faithful not wanting their kids to go there. Parents who send their kids to the local private elementary for a good education and then have hopes to send them to a trinity league school to get the same great education and play for above average athletic programs are being let down and wasting money. Now your having multiple public school kids transfer in with no religious backround and no respect when attending mass and no respect for eachother. Most of these kids are on free tuition and only there for sports and can care less about the culture and structure these schools are trying to embody in our young children. Nowadays it's all about getting my kid a division 1 scholarship and how fast can I get him out of the school on an early graduation so that he can go to college. The whole experience of high school is lost. --:--

jb914

Postby jb914 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:56 am

OCHS fan is off his meds again.

watchersince68

Postby watchersince68 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:40 am

El Jefe
I will tell you what has happened with MD football (in case you missed it) MD won the state title and
you didn't. Furthermore MD is striving to go at it again. Bummer for you huh?

Bick

Postby Bick » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:38 am

Public school guy here that went to parochial school thru 9th grade, so no real horse in this race, but with a basic understanding of the public v private dynamic.

The real lament seems to be that a handful of schools have chosen to made athletics more important than other schools have so as to regularly compete on the national level. Because of it, they have risen far above the rest at this time so as to be noncompetitive with those that haven't. I understand the disappointment from those left behind. But it seems the vitriol, if any, should be directed at your own school for not keeping up, and not the others for leaving you behind.

Ramon

Postby Ramon » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:46 am

The majority of Former Monarchs that I'm in contact with, including the members of the private Monarch Football Facebook group are very proud of our players and coaches...No one has gone to the "darkside" as many have claimed...The only ones crying about that are outsiders/detractors with no real connection to Mater Dei or the Monarch Football program
Never Underestimate The Heart Of A Monarch
2017 Trinity League, CIF-SS Division 1, CIF State Open Division and National Football Champions

jb914

Postby jb914 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:36 pm

Bick wrote:Public school guy here that went to parochial school thru 9th grade, so no real horse in this race, but with a basic understanding of the public v private dynamic.

The real lament seems to be that a handful of schools have chosen to made athletics more important than other schools have so as to regularly compete on the national level. Because of it, they have risen far above the rest at this time so as to be noncompetitive with those that haven't. I understand the disappointment from those left behind. But it seems the vitriol, if any, should be directed at your own school for not keeping up, and not the others for leaving you behind.

Pretty much a cliffs notes version of the situation.

Return to “High School”