All the others where 5 game sit out for bosco

albundyrules

Re: Hottest recruit in Orange County

Postby albundyrules » Wed May 02, 2018 7:19 am

Actually Yellen and wolfe started at bosco

hit the lights

Postby hit the lights » Tue May 08, 2018 5:48 am

Clark Phillips or CP3, has just received another offer. This time Oregon St.
Gonna look real good at the new La Habra stadium. The PIT, GETTING A MAKEOVER.
\:D/

NotDonaldBren

Postby NotDonaldBren » Tue May 08, 2018 7:23 pm

Zion Alefosio lives in Anaheim Hills, not Corona. Cole Aubrey checked in to Bosco last summer from JSerra; still lives in OC, and started from Game 1 at St Thomas Aquinas, no sit at all. Jacob Jornadal also checked in to Bosco last summer from JSerra, still lives in same home in Laguna Niguel next to Jude Wolfe; played from Game 1, no sit out.

hit the lights

Postby hit the lights » Sun May 13, 2018 6:43 am

Elias Ricks Mater dei, Offered by Alabama
Clark Phillips 3, offered by Iowa st. AND Florida in the same day.
These two are hot!

NotDonaldBren

Postby NotDonaldBren » Sun May 13, 2018 8:25 pm

Elias RIcks has entered super-recruit status by the end of his sophomore year. Has amassed BEHEMOTH offers. Already bagged the most coveted Pac 12 offers (USC, Washington, etc.) and most of the major national powers that actually recruit California seriously (Alabama, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Florida State, LSU, Georgia, Florida, others, but not Clemson (yet)).

JT and Amon-Ra didn't even have that list at that stage.

hit the lights

Postby hit the lights » Thu May 17, 2018 5:25 am

Happy to say, ASU and Antonio Pierce offered super sophomores yesterday at La Habra,
Kobah Fuamatu LB/RB
Andrew Ueli-Faatoalia OL/DL
Clark Phillips DB/WR
Then right after that, New Mexico offered the trio. I would say about 6-7 colleges were at La Habra yesterday, including Oklahoma. The National trail circut.
Congrats boyz!!

hit the lights

Postby hit the lights » Fri May 25, 2018 6:51 am

Alabama showing interest in Clark Phillips. Keep em coming! :thumbsup:

hit the lights

Postby hit the lights » Wed May 30, 2018 9:05 pm

cp3 offered this week by Oklahoma and Vanderbuilt.
Clark Phillips 111, La Habra - athlete.
DB/WR/RB

scj60

Postby scj60 » Thu May 31, 2018 2:28 pm

Good job Frank.

With all that talent anything short of a CIF title will be disappointing.

SK80

Postby SK80 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:03 am

Looks like to OC Title for best public this year will be MV and LH.

hit the lights

Postby hit the lights » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:09 pm

Not sure how people missed this one? Clark Phillips 3 / CP3 ,offered by Alabama.
Now he and Ricks at MD, both have been offered by the Top team in the nation. SC,University of SO CAL, where u at?
Oklahoma, Florida, now Alabama, even UCLA has offered mr. Phillips. I know you just picked up OG and Issac Taylor, but Phillips is only a Junior to be and was holding his own on OG last year, While Taylor at 6'2 was getting run over by Folsom and Kyle Phillips UCLA, owned him in the playoffs. Look at the film. Better not miss this boat.
CP3 coming to a field near you. :hide:

NotDonaldBren

Postby NotDonaldBren » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:29 pm

hit the lights wrote:Source of the post Now he and Ricks at MD, both have been offered by the Top team in the nation. SC,University of SO CAL, where u at?
Oklahoma, Florida, now Alabama, even UCLA has offered mr. Phillips. I know you just picked up OG and Issac Taylor, but Phillips is only a Junior to be and was holding his own on OG last year, While Taylor at 6'2 was getting run over by Folsom and Kyle Phillips UCLA, owned him in the playoffs. Look at the film. Better not miss this boat.

SC already offered E Ricks, the #1 corner in the state in that 2020 class, and the #2 corner in the nation (behind only Kelee Ringo of AZ). They've also offered Ricks' teammate in Darion Green-Warren, another top 6-8 corner in that class, although he was born in OK and is rumored to be a lock to OU.

I'm sure they'll offer Clark eventually, especially if he shows out at Rising Stars and continues to progress, so this will then be moot. He is a weight room monster with crazy ball skills, he is only a rising junior and he is en fuego in recruting. But college recruiting is mostly about projection not just HS production, and Clark measured in at 5'10" at this spring's Nike camp. Ricks and Ringo (who also runs a 10.6 100m) are 6'2". That matters at a position like corner and some schools like different body types. SC's current top corner is Biggie Marshall from LB Poly, who is now around 6'1" 205.

Re: the SC signees you riddled with bullets above ( :lol: ) OG was a top 30 player overall in the '18 class, and a top 3-5 corner at 6'0". I think we can agree he is legit, and will play a lot for SC this year. ITS was also a top 50 player in that class, and as you mentioned he is 6'2" 195, but is an athletic freak. Runs legit 4.3 and won the fastest man competition at The Opening last summer (meaning he was the fastest of the cream of the crop recruits from around the nation head to head). He had 6 picks and 11 total TDs (8 rush, 2 catches, 1 FR) as a senior on a team he led to the state final.

Oh, and since this is a hot recruit thread, it should be mentioned ITS accumulated 51 D1 offers (FIFTY ONE!) and OG wasn't far behind. I know youre just giving the kid ITS a hard time and pumping up your guy Clark, who I love too, but put some respect (RESPECK!) on that young man's name HTL!

Newps

Postby Newps » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:02 am

Cdm’s TE Mark Redman offered by UCLA yesterday. He also holds offers from Arizona, SDSU, Boise st. and a few others. Many more to come for this 2020 TE.

John Humphreys looks to be a lock at Stanford or Duke. My guess is he will end up signing with Stanford and will play with Tae Le. John holds at least ten offers with more coming.

Ethan Garbers will be a D1 2020 QB after this fall. I’m hearing from local coaches that he has the strongest arm in the OC and has good bloodlines as well. Brother Chase is vying for the starting QB job at Cal this summer.

Cdm will likely roll through D4 this fall and end up in D2 in 2019 once their final season in the PCL falls out of the formula and this years Sunset strength of schedule kicks in. It will be fun to see this class of 2020 in D2. I’m sure they will pick up a few transfers (hopefully lineman) along the way. Good things ahead for the Sea Kings and a good time to be venturing into the Sunset.

hit the lights

Postby hit the lights » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:22 am

NDB-
I feel you on ITS. He is a athletic freak, maybe better on the offensive side of the ball. Knowing all this, last year, and him being the fastest kid in HSF, also having seen OG played , i wanted to go check out ITS and compare and do a visual for myself. No doubt he was bigger and faster than OG, But OG more football smart and played with more swag. Actually, that Helix team was loaded and the other corner Rashadd Scott also at 6'2 180 lbs looked better , but he's going to San Diego St., I think. Watching ITS go up against UCLA'S Kyle Phillips, 6'0 180 lbs, Phillips owned him on short routes, long routes, red zone, etc.. People were chanting 3 star, 3 star, since ITS was wearing a shirt with 5 stars down the arm. lol :lol:
Trust me, i like the kid and feel he is excellent, but ive also seen Clark Phillips, and although he is only 5'10,
he is on that level as a sophomore and still has two more years. He also isnt running a 4.3 but that 4.3 didnt help ITS cover Kyle Phillips either.

NotDonaldBren

Postby NotDonaldBren » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:09 pm

Re: OG -- I think OG was the best corner in the country in his class last season. Better than Surtain, Bookie, Campbell, ITS -- any of them. Played like a 5 star on offense, defense, and special teams. Great all-around football intelligence; played much more physical his senior year; dynamic player. Fun to watch and the game comes easy to him. I think he'll be a star at SC and a potential 1st round pick a la Adoree. He and A-Ra could actually take over kick and punt returns for SC this year and be great.

Re: Kyle Phillips -- I saw him at a couple of camps last season and thought he was dynamic. Camp settings arent the same as game settings of course, but with wideouts you can get a good feel for a LOT of things, and Kyle jumped out immediately. Crispy routes, sudden changes of tempo, nuances of the game, hands, competitiveness. Immediate Welker/Amedola visions, even plays with a bit of an edge like Antonio Brown out there with his surprising strength and build (if he's 180, its a rocked up 180). UCLA signed like 22 WRs in this class, and he is probably the lowest rated but will probably end up the best, will catch about 200 balls in 4 years.

Re: ITS -- Its funny, because if we were doing one of those scouting charts on strengths and weaknesses, my first weakness on ITS would probably be "good long speed but will struggle with smaller shifty WRs with short area quickness." So its not surprising at all that KP gave him problems (although it should be noted ITS team won by 3 TDs). I just actually watched film of that (San Marcos-Helix) game you reference, and ITS no doubt had a tough night. San Marcos and KP went at him with the entire route tree: fades, slants, comebacks, posts, etc.

But he also was playing a lot of 0 coverage (no safety help). ITS might be one of a handful of corners at the HS level who could even do that. And corners are gonna get beat at nearly as much as they win playing that coverage, esp. by talented WRs. Even on the "long routes" it was KP's top shelf releases, short area quickness off the line, and route discipline (esp. the post route) that hurt ITS. This isn't a 100 meter dash at the Olympics, and that combination of skills will tamp down a long speed advantage on the field anyday. Plus, I have to note that QB's ball placement was pretty freakin' good in that game. KP and ITS were almost always step for step with each other, or if anything ITS seemed to make up ground on the fade balls after getting beat with a shimmy at the line. But those balls were on the money and Kyle made tough catches. No excuses, give the kid his due. But there are other factors at play in the game of football, and we know that.

So although that's a creative fan chant and ITS certainly could have played better, I'd still say ITS has probably as much upside as any corner coming into college. Greg Biggins even said he thought the kid Scott that is headed to SDSU was the best corner RIGHT THEN (2017) on Helix, but said ITS upside was off the charts and he wasn't what he will be in 3 years. That's hard to deny. One thing is for sure, its very interesting that those two kids (ITS-KP) will be doing battle in college as well (Trojan-Bruin).

Re: Clark -- Very high level prospect, no doubt. I think even at 5'10" and even if he is running in the 4.6-4.8 range (who knows, he skipped the 40 at the Nike camp), he has, like I mentioned, superior ball skills, strength, work ethic, competitiveness -- basically a lot of things that do remind you of OG. I'm not sure if he plays any offense at LM but if not then Frank Mazzotta is high. There are a lot of talented DBs these days playing at around 5'10" with great ball skills -- Tyrann Mathieu, Budda Baker, LaMarcus Joyner come to mind in the NFL, Bookie Radley-Hiles now at Oklahoma. Guys like that have almost forced creation of a new position with their skill set -- a hybrid safety/nickel role. He's 185 now, and I can see Clark being something like 200-205 in college based on him being so swole already. At that size we could see him playing that type of role in the right defense.

SC's defense under Clancy Pendergast doesnt really have that type of role, so that may not be the fit for Clark. But obviously there are a ton of powerhourses that can see him doing things along those lines. He already has a Washington offer I believe (Budda Baker), and I'll actually be surprised if he doesnt pull Florida St (Joyner) and LSU (Honey Badger) offers soon.

NotDonaldBren

Postby NotDonaldBren » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:26 pm

Lets go ahead and put the next Mater Dei defensive back in the pipeline on this thread: Jaylin Davies.

Class of 2021. Currently starting at the nickelback spot that MD 2020 DB Darion Green-Warren starred at last season. Long and rangy: 6'0" and growing, good quickness and technique. Performed well at their Spring Showcase. Well enough to get his first two offers afterward from Pac 12 schools Arizona and Utah.

Also from the Class of 2021, JSerra TE Jasper Lott. 6'5" 225 with good hands and big catch radius. Should be a key target for whichever QB wins the job at JSerra this season. No reported offers yet, but this kid looks like Ivan Drago and those offers should come by this time next year.

hit the lights

Postby hit the lights » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:01 am

NDB-
Thanks for the breakdown. RESPECT! :thumbsup:

SK80

Postby SK80 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:37 am

Ya thnx for all the recruit reporting and analysis.... Very exciting to see so much talent in the OC. Better yet knowing the big boys and fine institutions are rolling in to the county and showing serious attention for all these fine young men and gifted players.

Congrats to our big dude Redman on the UCLA offer..., the receiving corp at CDM the next two seasons is gonna be the freak show! Much pressure on E. Garb to fill big bro shoes and prove the Booty transfer didn't hurt the team.

@Newps, transfers to CDM :shock:

NotDonaldBren

Postby NotDonaldBren » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:45 pm

Super Junior Elias Ricks of Mater Dei was just selected for The Opening (Nike).

One of only 8 underclassmen NATIONALLY (160 total invites). The only underclass DB selected to the event. That's HUGE. The kid is CERTIFIED.

Mater Dei now has 7 players invited to The Opening, the most of any high school nationally, including IMG. :shock:

So much for MD being an underdog this season.

Return to “High School”