Question for Mater Dei backers

Credo ut intelligam

Question for Mater Dei backers

Postby Credo ut intelligam » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:56 pm

The Transfer Musical Chairs discussions seems exhausted to me. "Our transfers are more pure (less mercenary) than yours" is a dead end.

Back to football. My question is: if you guys lose to Bosco in next season's CIF Championship game (as this matchup seems like a foregone conclusion), will you consider the season a disappointment? And what do think your chances are? Just an honest question.

Clearly, this is a problem most of us wouldn't mind having to deal with. The downside about being King of the Hill--as we learned in 2011--is that there is only one direction you can go.

SK80

Re: Question for Mater Dei backers

Postby SK80 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:34 am

Not an MD backer nor hater, I would say its a safe bet to say they will call the season a disappointment in the upcoming foregone conclusion of a season should they not win and go "Back 2 Back".

watchersince68

Postby watchersince68 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:29 am

Most fans are always disappointed if they lose. It is the manner with which you handle losses. If you make excuses and always find blame in some thing or someone then there is you problem. Realize there can be only one winner and that your team did all they could do (and that is the problem, did they do all they could do?) If so man up knowing your team play with their hearts and gave all they could and you will go home a winner.

Credo ut intelligam

Postby Credo ut intelligam » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:19 pm

Bosco and MD are clearly #1 and #1A (in no particular order) with CC a possible wild card. It seems that everyone else is merely playing for a chance to get steamrolled in the semis. It's remarkable that for FIVE years now, only these three teams have even made it to the championship game.

Crafty Creator

Postby Crafty Creator » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:31 pm

It will be fun to see this MD team come together. No one expects what we had in 2017 they were something special. But I am hopeful they do well this year.

Return to “High School”