Intelligent Design

Scott

Intelligent Design

Postby Scott » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:08 am

Intelligent design supports the idea of an intelligent Creator and His attributes.

"Intelligent design (ID) is the view that it is possible to infer from empirical evidence that 'certain features of the universe and of living things are best explained by an intelligent cause, not an undirected process such as natural selection.' Intelligent design cannot be inferred from complexity alone, since complex patterns often happen by chance. ID focuses on just those sorts of complex patterns that in human experience are produced by a mind that conceives and executes a plan. According to adherents, intelligent design can be detected in the natural laws and structure of the cosmos; it also can be detected in at least some features of living things."

Read more: New World Encyclopedia

Wabash

Re: Intelligent Design

Postby Wabash » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:22 am

Where did the creator come from?
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:08 pm

Or if there is no Creator, then where did the very first building block of all existence come from?

You know those who believe in a Creator are going to say, "He always was." Very unscientific answer isn't it?

But the atheist faces the same dilemna. If the very first building block of all existence wasn't created, and, by definition, did not evolve from something else, then where did it come from? The atheist has only one possible answer..."It always was."

Exactly the same answer given by those who believe in a Creator...And just as unscientific.
Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:25 pm

Atheists believe that just because we don't know the answer only means it has yet too be determined.

We don't default to some hairy wizard in the sky.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:09 pm

The key words there are "we don't know the answer."
Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

Scott

Postby Scott » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:54 pm

How could life evolve from a "Big Bang," when we all know that explosions destroy life? :eh?:

If we all evolved from apes, then why are apes still around? :lol:

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:02 pm

Boy, that makes perfect sense as long as you don't know the first thing about either one. :bonk:
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Tommy Tar

Postby Tommy Tar » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:21 pm

There was nothing. No time. No space. No matter. Then a huge explosion :eh?: Then eggs show up. :shock:

I got it now.
:D
‘I Haven’t Seen Democrats This Mad Since We Freed the Slaves!’..... Rob Schneider.

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:38 am

Professor Fate wrote:The key words there are "we don't know the answer."

And science produces workable models while religion offers magic.

And despite Olivia Newton John's exhortations, I do not have to believe it was magic.
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:40 am

Scott wrote:Intelligent design supports the idea of an intelligent Creator and His attributes.

Actually it doesn't "support" anything. Support would be evidence. They offer "not knowing and not understanding" as their "evidence." That dog don't hunt. Or fetch, or sit, or rollover...
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Scott

Postby Scott » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:42 am

Fordama wrote:Source of the post Actually it doesn't "support" anything. Support would be evidence. They offer "not knowing and not understanding" as their "evidence." That dog don't hunt. Or fetch, or sit, or rollover...

ID offers empirical evidence that"certain features of the universe and of living things are best explained by an intelligent cause, not an undirected process such as natural selection"

In the second edition of The Origin of Species, Darwin wrote that life had “been originally breathed by the Creator into a few forms or into one.”

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:05 pm

It offers no empirical evidence.It's just the opposite of empirical evidence.They've tried to vomit up "irreducible complexity" as empirical evidence, that that was dropped as hard as Rhonda Rousey.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:05 pm

Fordama wrote:Source of the post nd science produces workable models while religion offers magic.

And despite Olivia Newton John's exhortations, I do not have to believe it was magic.

Nobody said you have to believe it was magic.

So, show me how the "science produced workable models" answer the question I posed: If the very first building block of all existence wasn't created, and, by definition, did not evolve from something else, then where did it come from?

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:15 pm

Scott wrote:Source of the post w could life evolve from a "Big Bang," when we all know that explosions destroy life?

If we all evolved from apes, then why are apes still around?

The "Big Bang" was a rapid expansion of the universe, not an explosion like a hand grenade.

As far as the second question goes--we didn't. Not one evolutionary scientist would tell you that humans are descended from apes. I'm afraid that question simply shows that your high school science teacher must have moved through that unit too quickly.

Scott

Postby Scott » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:35 pm

Saint Thomas taught that since things that are not intelligent in themselves act according to intelligent laws, there must be an Intelligence that designs and directs the universe.

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:55 pm

Saint Thomas lived in a primitive time.

Scott

Postby Scott » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:09 pm

Fordama wrote:Source of the post The "Big Bang" was a rapid expansion of the universe, not an explosion like a hand grenade.

Some physicist's say otherwise,

""Space isn’t just something that sits there and things happen in it – space is a dynamical thing," said Andreas Albrecht, a theoretical physicist at the University of California, Davis.

Though to some, the question of whether there was an explosion is just semantics.

"I think anything that starts out at 10 to the 40th degrees, and is doubling in size every tiny, tiny fraction of a second – I think you'd want to call that an explosion," Albrecht said. "But it has different features than someone setting off a bomb in the desert.""

Source: LIVE SCIENCE: Was the Big Bang Really an Explosion?

Fordama wrote:Source of the post As far as the second question goes--we didn't. Not one evolutionary scientist would tell you that humans are descended from apes. I'm afraid that question simply shows that your high school science teacher must have moved through that unit too quickly.

The physical and behavioral traits shared by all people originated from apelike ancestors and then evolved.

"Human evolution is the lengthy process of change by which people originated from apelike ancestors. Scientific evidence shows that the physical and behavioral traits shared by all people originated from apelike ancestors and evolved over a period of approximately six million years."

Source: Smithsonian
Last edited by Scott on Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scott

Postby Scott » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:23 pm

Fordama wrote:Source of the post Saint Thomas lived in a primitive time.

Intelligent Design is no more and no less of a theory today than the theory of Evolution.

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:40 am

Yeah, it is far less of a theory than evolutionary theory. It's probably just that you don't understand what the word "theory" means in this case.

Thanks for proving my point about the Big Bang. "But it has different features than someone setting off a bomb in the desert." I just used "hand grenade" instead.

Thanks for proving my point about us not evolving from apes. Those "ape like" ancestors could be explained to modern day apes as "human like" ancestors. It's just a description using perception.

Apes and humans have a common ancestor--neither descended from the other.

Scott

Postby Scott » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:10 pm

What difference does it make?...when both the big bang and theory of evolution are both lies.

Return to “Religion and Spirituality”