Kim Jong Un to Meet with Trump!

MDDad

Re: Kim Jong Un to Meet with Trump!

Postby MDDad » Thu May 17, 2018 7:54 am

Luca may have been overly harsh with some of our posters, but he is largely correct in what he said. It's amusing that all of us have considered Kim a moron since the day he assumed power, but now that some think he may be sticking it to Trump, they seem to view him as some kind of strategic genius. I guess for some, the enemy of my enemy is my friend. It's more likely that if he was a moron last year, he's still a moron today.

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Thu May 17, 2018 7:56 am

Wabash wrote:I miss Luca. Please come back and say nothing worthwhile........Wabash

That's hilarious, coming from a guy who's made 21,000 posts made up largely up buzzwords, catchphrases and inane repetitions.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Thu May 17, 2018 8:12 am

Professor Fate wrote:Source of the post Who said anything about a unified Korea, Democratic or otherwise?

Kim, Moon and Glorious Leader have all talked about reunification. At the very least, they've talked about peace and free travel between the two countries. Unlike Donald, I'm sure Kim has the ability to think more than a month out. How do you think exposing his citizens to life in the outside world would work out for him? Why would he purposely do that?

The last missile test was in November and the last nuke test was almost three months before that. And it blew up their test site. Kim said after the last test that he was satisfied with the results and the intelligence community took that as meaning there would be no more. They appear to have been right. He's been talking of peace with South Korea since January and sent his Olympic delegation in February. It was a pretty joyful event, other than Pence's pouting and taking a knee. His aggressive overtures since then have been about nil and Moon, the leader of the country that actually matters in this, has been cautiously optimistic about their future relations. His posturing toward the US since then hasn't been much different than the EU's. At the moment it's probably friendlier. Trump's posturing has been just short of banging his shoe on the table and yelling "We will destroy you." At the least, he's been talking about peaceful coexistence with the rest of the world for the last 5 or 6 months. Our response has been belligerence and a military show of force. Kim knows that Donald has the thinking and planning abilities of a hamster and he's playing it for all it's worth. And he's winning the PR game on the Korean peninsula. Donald is the one who's being played and being made to be the bad guy in this peace process. No one can know what his actual plan is, but at least he has one. Unlike Donald, who just stumbles from situation to situation.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Thu May 17, 2018 8:17 am

MDDad wrote:Source of the post It's amusing that all of us have considered Kim a moron....

Final answer? Crazy maybe, but I wouldn't call him a moron. He's at least much brighter than Donald.

Yeah. I know. :roll:

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Thu May 17, 2018 8:25 am

Yes, and a sea slug is brighter than a sponge. That doesn't suddenly make Kim a political chessmaster.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Thu May 17, 2018 8:37 am

Kim is playing chess. You don't have to be that good when your opponent is barely able to play checkers.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Thu May 17, 2018 8:41 am

MDDad wrote:That's hilarious, coming from a guy who's made 21,000 posts made up largely up buzzwords, catchphrases and inane repetitions.

I appreciate you not disputing my observations about Luca......Wabash

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Thu May 17, 2018 9:00 am

Wabash wrote:Kim is playing chess. You don't have to be that good when your opponent is barely able to play checkers.

So suddenly this imbecile is capable of playing chess?

And Luca is correct in his opinion that there are posters here who seem gleeful at the prospect of Kim handing Trump his ass. The hell with what's best for the country, let's just stick it to Trump, right?

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Thu May 17, 2018 9:35 am

MDDad wrote:Luca may have been overly harsh with some of our posters, but he is largely correct in what he said. It's amusing that all of us have considered Kim a moron since the day he assumed power...

What's this we s--t, white man?

I've considered him odd, weird, a sociopath, and all sorts of other things, but not a moron. The press and many politicians have portrayed him as irrational

Our President, on the other hand... "uninformed" would be the kindest description.
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Thu May 17, 2018 10:56 am

MDDad wrote:So suddenly this imbecile is capable of playing chess?

I don't know if he can play the game of chess. I was thinking metaphorically as it relates to his actions in the international relations arena vis a vis our president.

MDDad wrote:And Luca is correct in his opinion that there are posters here who seem gleeful at the prospect of Kim handing Trump his ass. The hell with what's best for the country, let's just stick it to Trump, right?

I have no idea about others. I know I'm not gleeful. I am saddened at how inept our head of state was made to look so easily.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was Kim's payback for Trump calling him "rocket man."
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Thu May 17, 2018 11:38 am

MDDad wrote:So suddenly this imbecile is capable of playing chess?

Good question. What do you think?
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Thu May 17, 2018 1:47 pm

Sometimes visual aids are best.
Attachments
Threesome.jpg

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Thu May 17, 2018 5:58 pm

Trump is now threatening Un with military force.

We are being led by a buffoon.

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Thu May 17, 2018 7:12 pm

Luca wrote:Source of the postThe longer you stay away, the more you understand why you are doing it.

Well keep trying Luca, you'll finally figure out why eventually. BTW, your conclusions are just as absurd as Red's "the left hates freedom" garbage. I expect so much more from a man of your intellect.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Thu May 17, 2018 7:19 pm

MDDad wrote:Source of the post It's amusing that all of us have considered Kim a moron since the day he assumed power...

Perhaps you assumed he was a moron, but I believe he was educated in Switzerland. Are you sure you're not confusing him with our president?
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Thu May 17, 2018 8:33 pm

Professor Fate wrote:Source of the post Chinese and Russian intelligence that the US was preparing to take military action against him, and both nations telling him, he's on his own.

Is there proof or even any evidence of that? Is this something you heard on the radio a few weeks ago? It just doesn't jibe with recent news...

As for Russia, Putin seems intent on doing whatever he can to make things more difficult for the US any way he can...I don't see him cooperating with us on North Korea out of the goodness of his heart. What's in it for him?

China is for obvious reasons extremely invested in whatever happens with the PRK. Xi invited Kim to Beijing to discuss this situation just last week, and lo and behold, Kim immediately drew a very public line in the sand regarding the administration's preconditions and expected outcomes for next month's summit.

Where do I think things stand? Kim has tested, displayed and stockpiled enough weapons to allow him to now bargain as a nuclear power with us. He's only offering to suspend further testing and dismantle his former testing site (it was already partially destroyed and rendered useless by their successful H-bomb test last year anyway) because of that fact. He's now willing to embark on a sloooooow path to eventual "denuclearization" (a term open to interpretation) only with numerous concessions, gifts and guarantees, the final result of which probably won't be known for many years. Looking at the PRK's track record is not encouraging...seen Groundhog Day?

Trump is obviously just interested in getting points on the board before the midterms, he couldn't give a whit about the long term ramifications because he's incapable of thinking of anything beyond his own short-term self interest. There is also the very real possibility that he's actually dumb enough to believe he can succeed in bringing peace to the Korean Peninsula when everyone else has failed.

Bottom line - Kim has the weapons he needs to deter military action by us (or at least make South Korea and Japan pay dearly for it) and will never give them up. He's now confident enough to play at making nice with Trump and make some symbolic concessions if he can reap real economic and political benefits.
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Tue May 22, 2018 10:23 am

Well, this could be embarrassing. Watch for it on Ebay.

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Tue May 22, 2018 10:29 am

Has there ever been a time in recent human history when two heads of state with worse haircuts met do discuss something this important?

Bick

Postby Bick » Tue May 22, 2018 12:00 pm

John Q. Public wrote:Source of the post Well, this could be embarrassing. Watch for it on Ebay.

Maybe the Jr Mod can help spot you with your cartwheel?

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Tue May 22, 2018 12:06 pm

John Q. Public wrote:Source of the post Well, this could be embarrassing. Watch for it on Ebay.

Has this ever been done for this type of event?

Return to “World”