Who Goes Next?

Fordama

Re: Who Goes Next?

Postby Fordama » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:53 am

Yeah, but who knows how Trump would react to being turned down?

This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:12 am

He only picks the best people.

This is going to sound very catty. I was stunned to find out that Sarah Huckabee Sanders is only 35. She is not aging well. I had her pegged at least ten years older.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:26 pm

Out before he's even in...and they said the Mooch's record of only 10 days on the job would never be broken
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Wed May 02, 2018 10:04 am

Ty Cobb is retiring, to be replaced Emmet Flood, who also represented the Clintons in their various and sundry legal issues.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Wed May 02, 2018 10:43 am

I hope he gets paid up front.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Wed May 02, 2018 7:34 pm

RU-DEE! RU-DEE! RU-DEE! :fan:

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Thu May 03, 2018 8:12 am

With Cobb's departure, it seems the surest way to know who is getting fired is who Trump is praising. Back in March the NYT wrote an article that Trump was unhappy with his legal team. Trump fiercely insisted that Cobb was in it for the duration and had his “full confidence.” Trump affirmed that in a tweet as recently as April 12. What’s more, Trump was outraged (as usual) at the the New York Times for reporting last March that there were problems within his legal team and that changes were imminent.

Turns out the NYT was right
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Sat May 05, 2018 12:15 pm

Rod Rosenstein is positioning himself to be next. The Democrats have been wanting Trump to fire Mueller or Rosenstein, but if Rosenstein continues to defy congressional oversight, by refusing to turn over documents, Trump will have a legitimate excuse to fire him. I hope he does.
Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

broman

Postby broman » Sat May 05, 2018 12:56 pm

I can tell you there have been people who have been making threats privately and publicly against me for quite some time, and I think they should understand by now, the Department of Justice is not going to be extorted,” Rosenstein said, in response to a question about news reports on the articles of impeachment.

“We’re going to do what’s required by the rule of law,” he added. “And any kind of threats that anybody makes are not going to affect the way we do our job.”

Rosenstein said that while the Justice Department supports congressional oversight, lawmakers must also understand that their duty is not to interfere with ongoing investigations.

“If we were to just open our doors to allow Congress to come and rummage through the files, that would be a serious infringement on the separation of powers,” he said. “It might resolve a dispute today, but it would have negative repercussions in the long run, and we have a responsibility to defend the institution.”
https://splinternews.com/rod-rosenstein ... 1825703288

Trump supporters are all over the place on this. The Executive has the unchecked power to fire and pardon anybody but is willing to submit Executive authority and throw the DOJ/FBI to the wolves in Congress to cover his own hide.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:34 pm

Professor Fate wrote:Source of the post if Rosenstein continues to defy congressional oversight, by refusing to turn over documents, Trump will have a legitimate excuse to fire him. I hope he does.

Looking more and more likely lately. Congress is building a case against him big time.
Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:42 pm

In a statement to Fox News, Rep. Matt Gaetz, R-Fla., said “the DOJ’s intimidation and stone-walling tactics have gone too far.”

“I’ve heard first-hand from congressional staff following threats delivered by Rod Rosenstein,” he said. “Staff has literally been scared to the point of physically shaking in my congressional office out of concern for their family.”

Gaetz, who is not a member of the intelligence panel, said Rosenstein should recuse himself from the Justice Department’s investigations involving the Trump campaign, as well as the conduct of FBI and Justice Department employees.

“Now, from refusing to produce documents to improperly redacting documents to threatening our staff, it is clear that Rod Rosenstein will use every tool at his disposal to frustrate congressional oversight,” Gaetz told Fox News.

Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., said during an interview with Fox News on Tuesday that he has “just about had it with the Rosenstein approach.”

“We have a duty to oversee the Department of Justice, and here’s what I’d say to Mr. Rosenstein: If you don’t believe that the Department of Justice was off the rails, you are clearly not looking at the same Department of Justice I’m looking at,” he said.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... bers-staff

Attorney General sessions defended Rosenstein, but he is clearly in the minority, and his statement angered many. Sessions might be going also. The only reason he's still got his job, is because firing him puts Rosenstein in charge. But if Rosenstein goes first...

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:47 pm

I read just the opposite today.

And word is Sarah Huckasanders is next to quit.

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:29 am

Professor Fate wrote:Source of the post The only reason he's still got his job, is because firing him puts Rosenstein in charge. But if Rosenstein goes first...

How many guys will trump have to fire before he gets someone he can intimidate?
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:29 am

John Q. Public wrote:Source of the post And word is Sarah Huckasanders is next to quit.

She has to be pretty sick of taking the hits for trump every day.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:27 am

Vilepagan wrote:Source of the post
How many guys will trump have to fire before he gets someone he can intimidate?

I looked into it, and there are a lot of candidates that he can choose, but some have, or had, ties to his law firms. Could be interesting.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:05 pm

Scott Pruitt is teetering on the edge yet again, he's the Francisco Franco of the Trump Administration. The latest revelations are that he used secret calendars and schedules to hide his contacts with industry representatives he's supposedly regulating, and, oh, by the way, he asked Trump to fire Jeff Sessions as AG and appoint him in his place.

Thinking he might want to temper his expectations a bit about his next gig after this less-than-ringing endorsement from his boss: "I'm not saying that he's blameless, but we'll see what happens."
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:14 pm

Vilepagan wrote:How many guys will trump have to fire before he gets someone he can intimidate?

A lot. Most of the top of the DoJ is filled with strong public servants--many of whom were involved in taking down the mob.

Guys who have spent their lives in service of the country are anathema to Trump. He's going to have to find a flunky from the outside.
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:07 pm

And.....Pruitt is gone.

broman

Postby broman » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:08 pm

Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Scott Pruitt has resigned after months of ethics controversies, President Donald Trump tweeted Thursday.

"I have accepted the resignation of Scott Pruitt as the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency," Trump tweeted. "Within the Agency Scott has done an outstanding job, and I will always be thankful to him for this."
Pruitt's resignation follows months during which the EPA administrator has been embroiled in one ethics controversy after the next.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/05/politics ... index.html
You beat me by a few seconds...... :steam:

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:17 pm

Who's the next major resignation? Mnuchin? Mattis?

Return to “National”