I am really starting to love Los Alamitos

Professor Fate

I am really starting to love Los Alamitos

Post by Professor Fate » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:27 pm

What's not to love.

I've had many a fun night at Los Alamitos racetrack.

I Love the Pasty Kitchen...Yumm!

I respect the Los Alamitos Coach Ray Fenton, and I've liked Coach Doretti and Coach Rodarte from days gone by also.

I totally support Los Alamitos Unified School District Superintendent Dr. Sherry Kropp's plans to increase security in all the LAUSD schools.

And now I hear that the Los Alamitos City Council is voting on possibly opting out from California’s sanctuary law! Thank you Los Alamitos Councilman Warren Kusumoto!

Kusumoto said he introduced the ordinance because he feels the state is forcing local elected officials to violate the oath they took to uphold the U.S. Constitution.

“California legislators are bullying local elected officials into violating our oath of office,” Kusumoto said in the earlier interview.

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/03/19/l ... -shouting/

It got testy at the vote tonight, and I don't know if it passed or not, but either way I applaud you Los Alamitos!
Make Them Cry Again In 2020

Professor Fate

Re: I am really starting to love Los Alamitos

Post by Professor Fate » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:19 pm

Alright! The Los Alamitos City Council votes to opt out of the Sanctuary state nonsense 4-1.

Fordama

Post by Fordama » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:04 am

Yeah, we have such a huge problem with illegal aliens in Los Al! Hopefully they aren't paying anything to do this.
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:11 am

Hopefully, the rest of Orange County will follow suit.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:35 am

Kusumoto said he introduced the ordinance because he feels the state is forcing local elected officials to violate the oath they took to uphold the parts of the U.S. Constitution that they like.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:06 am

Oh common sense...dems are done...but their is both a state constitution and U.S....so when they are in conflict follow the law...
Last edited by John Q. Public on Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: rule violation removed

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:36 am

Ok, let's follow this one.

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

And this one.

...nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:47 am

Due process of law...seems pretty clear...

dutchmintcruiser

Post by dutchmintcruiser » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:43 pm

Interested to see how she will implement increased security in schools

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:34 pm

Welcome to the board, dutchmintcruiser!

Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:07 pm

This movement is spreading.

According to the OC Register, The County of Orange and several cities in Southern California soon might join Los Alamitos in its bid to opt out of a controversial state law that limits cooperation with federal immigration officials.

Officials with the county as well as leaders in Aliso Viejo and Buena Park said Tuesday they plan to push for various versions of the anti-sanctuary ordinance approved in Los Alamitos late Monday by a 4-1 vote of that city council.

“There’s a pretty good amount of cities interested and they want to know about the process,” said Los Alamitos Mayor Troy Edgar, who spent Tuesday fielding calls and e-mails from officials in other cities and others interested in the push.

...Orange County Supervisor Michelle Steel soon plans to introduce an opt-out ordinance to the county Board of Supervisors, her spokeswoman said in an e-mail.

“I thank the City of Los Alamitos for standing up for its citizens and rejecting the so-called ‘sanctuary’ legislation passed in Sacramento, and I urge the County of Orange and all of our cities to do the same,” Steel said in a news release.

...In Aliso Viejo, Mayor Dave Harrington said his council plans to discuss similar action at its April 4 meeting.

“It is a great thing what they did,” Harrington said of the Los Alamitos vote. “I think they were spot-on; that we take the oath of office to uphold the Constitution of the United States.”

Buena Park Councilwoman Beth Swift said she plans to request at the next council meeting for the issue to be placed on a future agenda for discussion.

Robin Hvidston, executive director of the Claremont-based We the People Rising, said she has heard from residents in Upland and Fullerton who want to approach their councils to suggest the same.

Another city that had been discussing something similar, even before Los Alamitos’ vote, is Huntington Beach, according to Assemblyman Travis Allen, a Republican who represents both Huntington Beach and Los Alamitos.

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/03/20/a ... lamitos-2/

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:34 pm

Buy lawn mower stocks, sell hospitality and ag stocks.

Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:22 am

It appears that Los Alamitos wasn't the first to repudiate the sanctuary state nonsense after all. Shasta County beat them by more than a month, led by the City of Anderson. The vote was 3-1 with one abstention. Tehama and Siskiyou Counties have done the same.

And that's not all. There is a push up North to form the 51st state of Jefferson.

With Tehama leading and others following, “I’m sure you’re going to see a whole bunch fall right in line,” said local Rep. Doug LaMalfa, R-Richvale, likening the non-sanctuary resolutions to the State of Jefferson push, an ongoing effort to gain this conservative region independent statehood.

Other California jurisdictions, including Fresno, have unofficially said they’re not sanctuaries. And last Tuesday, the city council in ag-dominated Salinas narrowly turned down a proposal to declare sanctuary status.

https://www.redding.com/story/news/2017 ... /98356414/

The breakaway state of Jefferson is a decades-old idea, but it has been revived in earnest in recent years by residents who say they are fed up with their voices being drowned out in Sacramento, where outspoken urban Democrats hold a vise grip on the state Legislature.

Supporters say overregulation has hobbled rural industries such as timber, mining and fishing and that the state's high taxes and cost of living are driving young people away, quickening the decline of small towns. They chafe under California's strict gun-control policies and are infuriated by its liberal immigration laws.

Jefferson supporters have their hopes set on a federal lawsuit. Last year, a group called Citizens for Fair Representation - including Carpenter, Baird and other Jefferson proponents along with a Native American tribe, the California Libertarian Party and the city of Fort Jones, Calif. - sued the state, alleging an unconstitutional lack of representation and dilution of vote.

They are frustrated by California's strict gun laws, which aren't feasible for them since they are rural farmers who would have to wait a half-hour for police if someone broke in.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/in-ru ... li=BBnb7Kz

sugarcoat

Post by sugarcoat » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:57 am

Do you also want the clean out of Los Al schools - getting rid of kids of non-citizens?

Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:26 pm

1. I am going to assume you are addressing me.

2. "Cleaning out" Los Alamitos schools is not the focus. The focus is on police cooperation as it relates to getting information and access to criminal illegal aliens in custody. It has nothing to do with demanding that the police question victims of crime, nor reporters of crime either, despite the pro illegal immigration advocates' fear mongering talking points.

Neighborhood raids are now the norm, because the politicians are blocking any cooperation at the jails. Consequently, a higher percentage of ICE detainees are not guilty of any crimes other than illegal entry into this country. If there was cooperation with ICE to deport those who HAVE committed crimes, there would be less to fear for those who HAVEN'T. That is on your California Democrats, not ICE.

3. If the students you refer to are citizens or at least are here legally, their parents would have the choice of having them follow the deportee(s) or stay with legal relatives here. That could be a tough spot to be in, but not one of our making. The illegals residing illegally in this country caused this problem, and they are the ones who must deal with it.

Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:23 pm

Costa Mesa Mayor Pro Tem Allan Mansoor — who in 2010 spearheaded a City Council action to declare Costa Mesa a “rule-of-law city when it comes to support for upholding immigration laws” — said he’s open to looking at ways to work more closely with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

“The resolution was a clear statement that we uphold our laws here and that we are not a sanctuary city,” Mansoor said Thursday, adding that he “would like ICE to come to Costa Mesa and simply do the job they are sworn to do.”

In Fountain Valley, Councilman Larry Crandall has asked city staff for information on how the state’s sanctuary laws could affect the city’s federal funding.

http://ktla.com/2018/03/22/after-los-al ... ld-follow/

Fordama

Post by Fordama » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:31 pm

Professor Fate wrote:1. I am going to assume you are addressing me.

2. "Cleaning out" Los Alamitos schools is not the focus. The focus is on police cooperation as it relates to getting information and access to criminal illegal aliens in cust...The illegals residing illegally in this country caused this problem, and they are the ones who must deal with it.
Interesting in that it virtually has nothing to do with the city of Los Alamitos.
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:40 pm

I thought the same thing. But I answered his question anyway.