Californians fed up with housing costs and taxes are fleeing state in big numbers

Playthegame

Californians fed up with housing costs and taxes are fleeing state in big numbers

Post by Playthegame » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:58 am

This is what happens after 20 plus years of liberal policy...Californians fed up with housing costs and taxes are fleeing state in big numbers

Snip:
He said the latest Census Bureau data, from July 2016 to July 2017, show "more people moved out of California to other states than moved in from other states. In other words, California lost people due to domestic migration."

During that 12-month period, California saw a net loss of just over 138,000 people, while Texas had a net increase of more than 79,000 people. Arizona gained more than 63,000 residents, and Nevada gained more than 38,000.

Snip:
Middle class leaving

Internal Revenue Service data would appear to show that the middle-class and middle-age residents are the ones leaving, according to Joel Kotkin, a presidential fellow in Urban Futures at Chapman University in Orange, California.

"We know the actual net migration out of California has been growing," said Kotkin.
end.

High Rent and taxes are the main culprets...soon tho with all the folks leaving home prices should start to fall and with interests rates rising, a collapse in home values may be the next big news coming out to Californa...

Starting to see lot's of for sale signs everywhere...

Just wait til they announce the cost of a ticket on the 98 billion dollar Bullet train to no where...one good thing is there will be plenty of seats available...

Wabash

Re: More bad news for California - Hey Jerry

Post by Wabash » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:24 pm

You wouldn't know it from being on any freeway.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Fordama

Re: More bad news for California - Hey Jerry

Post by Fordama » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:29 pm

My home value keeps going up, too.
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Wabash

Re: Californians fed up with housing costs and taxes are fleeing state in big numbers

Post by Wabash » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:33 pm

Same here. All of them.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Re: Californians fed up with housing costs and taxes are fleeing state in big numbers

Post by John Q. Public » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:35 pm

I'd swear we already had this thread. So, to avoid having it a third time, I made the title say what it's about.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:44 pm

Wabash wrote:QR_BBPOST You wouldn't know it from being on any freeway.
That's because you are driving on the freeway...not in the neighborhood.
Fordama wrote:QR_BBPOST My home value keeps going up, too.
Wabash wrote:QR_BBPOST Same here. All of them.
Perhaps you should think about selling some and then when the market has fallen you could make even more cash...

Real Estate is cyclical and the appreciation cycle is ending...sellers market is turning to buyers market...might be a good idea to look into it...not that I care...but hint...hint...the writing is on the wall...

Fordama

Post by Fordama » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:53 pm

No thanks. Retiring and staying in Anaheim.

I do see the temptation of moving out of state. My retirement would go further in a lot of places. However, there's a reason a lot of places are cheaper than here in SoCal--they aren't great places to live.

But there aren't a lot of places where I can get out and go cycling 300+ days per year--definitely not with any coastline. Drive a couple of hours and get to the desert or mountains. Nice.
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

dutchmintcruiser

Post by dutchmintcruiser » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:32 pm

We are really just paying for the weather perks

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:56 pm

I have no problem with people leaving the state.

Typically they take the blue state ideology with them.

Texas has seen an influx of CA residents to the point where many believe it could be a swing state by 2030.

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:16 pm

Wow now even the illegals are leaving...doubt they will want to vote for the irresponsible tax and spend with no improvement to quality of life Dems who trashed the state with the good weather...I mean who does not want to pay the good weather tax?

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:37 pm

Isn't that a good thing? Since when have conservatives ever cared about the plight of the undocumented?

Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:59 pm

I care about the plight of the documented foreigners who are here legally.
Make Them Cry Again In 2020

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:52 pm

Wabash wrote:QR_BBPOST Isn't that a good thing? Since when have conservatives ever cared about the plight of the undocumented?
Undocumented? You mean people who entered the US illegally or overstayed their visa's? Rule of law? No?

Since Dems imported them by the millions and graciously raised our taxes to buy their newly imported's vote. But now that they are here and seeing how Dems tax everything and make things worse, example California Quality of life ranks dead last...they are moving east and becoming republicans, ROFL, Irony of ironies...

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:14 pm

So why would you care if they are leaving?

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:18 pm

I don't...I think the liberal elites have effected a masterful plan to make everyone leave...and you all can enjoy the good weather tax...hope it's worth it...mean time Idaho and Utah are looking really good...
Last edited by Playthegame on Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:13 pm

Let us know when you're there.

I promise to act jealous. Especially during the cooler months.
Last edited by Wabash on Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:58 pm

I have a feeling whoever wrote that article doesn't know the difference between "California" and "the Bay Area". Property values in my neighborhood continue to go up and houses are selling with multiple offers and within days.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:04 pm

Probably some guy with land interests in Nevada..."Don Adams here for California Pines..."
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:57 pm

It is just the beginning and all markets are local...I hope it is an aberration and not a trend...