Yemen and Saudi Arabia heating up

broman

Yemen and Saudi Arabia heating up

Postby broman » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:07 pm

Saudi Arabia's air force intercepted seven missiles fired from Yemen on Sunday, according to an official with the country's Ministry of Information.

Col. Turki Al Maliki, citing Coalition Defense Forces, said the missiles had four target areas: three were aimed at the capital city of Riyadh, one was headed toward the southwest in Khamis Mushait, one along the southern border targeting Najran and two were headed for the southern city of Jizan. All seven missiles were intercepted and destroyed, according to a Saudi news release.

These aggressive actions are in blatant violation to the UN Security Resolution 2216 and 2231. These hostile acts continue to pose a direct threat to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and threaten regional, as well as international, security,"
https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/25/middleea ... index.html

The U.S. signed off on a $670 million arms sale to Saudi Arabia on Thursday after Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman held a meeting with Pentagon chief James Mattis on his visit to Washington.
http://www.newsweek.com/saudi-crown-pri ... tis-858094

So.... is the next step arming the Sunni rebels in Syria fighting Iranian and Russian backed Assad and his forces? Might as well throw in the increasing hostilities between Turkey and the Kurds? Nothing like John Bolton whispering in Trumps ear. --:--

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Re: Yemen and Saudi Arabia heating up

Postby John Q. Public » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:13 am

One missed. It sounds like there were only a couple minor injuries from debris.

Don't look at me, I just work here.

broman

Postby broman » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:36 pm

The latest shifts on President Donald Trump’s foreign policy team, including his choice of John Bolton as national security adviser, have rekindled fears among lawmakers and activists that the White House will further damage America’s precarious standing in the Muslim world.
Bolton chairs an organization that produces harshly critical commentary about Islam and Muslim immigrants and he also has close ties to controversial activists often described as anti-Muslim. He succeeds Lt. Gen. H.R. McMaster, who urged Trump to avoid a favorite phrase — “radical Islamic terrorism” — because it offends many Muslims as a blanket condemnation of their faith
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/03/ ... slam-48731

So we keep dancing around the Saudi and terror issue.

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:08 am

Is he invested in more properties in SA or Yemen--that's how we know who we will be backing.
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

broman

Postby broman » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:07 pm

Rachael Maddow outlined how Kushner and Trump business ties are intersecting with the feud between Saudi Arabia and UAE. Lots of "oil" money flowing around the White House.

Special counsel Robert Mueller's investigators are pressing witnesses for information about any possible attempts by United Arab Emirates to gain political influence by funneling money to support Donald Trump during the 2016 presidential campaign, The New York Times reports.
Last edited by John Q. Public on Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: no need for the link

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Tue May 08, 2018 12:46 pm

broman wrote:The latest shifts on President Donald Trump’s foreign policy team, including his choice of John Bolton as national security adviser, have rekindled fears among lawmakers and activists that the White House will further damage America’s precarious standing in the Muslim world.
Bolton chairs an organization that produces harshly critical commentary about Islam and Muslim immigrants and he also has close ties to controversial activists often described as anti-Muslim. He succeeds Lt. Gen. H.R. McMaster, who urged Trump to avoid a favorite phrase — “radical Islamic terrorism” — because it offends many Muslims as a blanket condemnation of their faith
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/03/ ... slam-48731

So we keep dancing around the Saudi and terror issue.

John Bolton and company got the situation in Iraq so well back 2003. I’m sure they will get the situation Iran just as well. American foreign policy is basically “we messed up the first time, let’s try that again even harder and with more money. I’m sure this time is the charm."
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Return to “World”