The Booty's move on...

Cdm96

The Booty's move on...

Postby Cdm96 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:50 pm

The Booty family has decided to take their football operations out to Texas. The family will be taking over the football program at a small Christian school in San Antonio. Grandpa is going to be AD and Abram Booty is going to be the head coach. General Booty and possibly a few other players are leaving CDM to go with them.

This may seem like a hard blow to CDM football, but ultimately I think better for the Sea Kings in the long run. Ethan Garbers will be the starting quarterback. The Sea Kings can move forward with a clear plan for spring ball.

TomDrake

Re: The Booty's move on...

Postby TomDrake » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:46 pm

Wow... Strange plot twist. Best of luck to the Booty clan.

TomDrake

Postby TomDrake » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:49 pm

Cdm96 wrote:Source of the post and possibly a few other players are leaving CDM to go with them.

This part seems doubtful... tough for a high school kid to leave beach for for a small school in Texas. I know I wouldn't have.

Trenchdad

Postby Trenchdad » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:04 pm

Strange how the thought of them leaving for NH was dismissed because they were so content and fine for Dad and Grandpa sitting the stands. Garbers was the one leaving, Booty happy not coaching...

hit the lights

Postby hit the lights » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:49 am

Moving out to Texas, thats genius! Im sure they want out of this snowflake state. This doesnt sit well for that freshman class at CDM who was pretty damn good with Booty heading that offense at QB. Now they enter the sunset with a bluuured future.? What other players might make this long journey with the Booty's? Some of his receivers?

Future

Postby Future » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:29 am

I hope the best for the Booty family. Doubt many players are going to go from CDM to Texas though.....

Cdm96

Postby Cdm96 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:36 am

Only 1-2 freshman headed to Texas will the Booty's. Not local kids with no real ties to CDM.

hit the lights wrote:Source of the post Now they enter the sunset with a bluuured future.?

I disagree. I think CDM has a clearer future now that they know who will be starting at qb. Both top recievers (Redman and Humphreys) will be back along with a good senior class.

Future

Postby Future » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:24 am

No QB controversy can be a positive for CDM this offseason. I'm excited to see what they are going to do in the Sunset.

hit the lights

Postby hit the lights » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:56 am

Bluurred, maybe not this year, but Booty is why the kids showed up, and down the road, it will affect their program. The Sunset is a good step up.
How could it not?

TheFan

Postby TheFan » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:12 pm

You will find the issue with losing any player is depth and losing a good athlete and strong back up qb is significant.
You will find one of the major differences between Edison and Los Al, versus HB and FB is depth. E/LA may have 11 or 12 guys that can play. HB and FV 5 or 6 with two way players used more than they want too.

cruiser

Postby cruiser » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:02 pm

So, would Booty have been the starting QB for CDM this coming season? - will there be a drop off
in the QB position with him gone?

TheFan

Postby TheFan » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:20 pm

SK has not entered the conversation. SK does this affect your league championship?

NotDonaldBren

Postby NotDonaldBren » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:36 pm

Cdm96 wrote:Source of the post General Booty and possibly a few other players are leaving CDM to go with them.

Are these the players Texas demanded in return for MD getting Bryson Washington?

Cdm96 wrote:Source of the post The Sea Kings can move forward with a clear plan for spring ball.

My chest feels better already. The long national nightmare is over. #GoSeaKings #TutorsAvailable

Cdm96 wrote:Source of the post Both top recievers (Redman and Humphreys) will be back along with a good senior class.

I don't know about Garbers Part 2 or the rest of them, but that boy John Humphreys can go. He's got some stuff with him. Similar skill to his big bro, only at 6' 4.5".

TomDrake wrote:Source of the post tough for a high school kid to leave beach for for a small school in Texas. I know I wouldn't have.

You must not know the Booty family history. The General's dad and uncles played QB at a small Christian (powerhouse) school in Louisiana, where his granddad coached and taught. Texas will practically be Manhattan in comparison.

SK80

Postby SK80 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:22 am

The time is right for me to weigh in.... I had to step out or away from this thread until I believed I had the right story not rumor and some better perspective and less emotion :steam:

I'll start with nothing ever shocks me, there is no doubt many factors were at play and in this situation some of those made enough sense to support the outcome. The Booty's have moved on.

The background here also when looked at historically are southern state transfers when John David Booty made it to USC. Football brought them here and now football is taking them somewhere they feel is best for the Booty football family and this includes jobs for dad and grandad as coach and AD of a Christian Private School that has just doubled its enrollment with a new state of the art campus just outside San Antonio Texas. Texas as we know is a football haven.

My initial take here is the "Family" were not just interested in watching the General play but in coaching him and using this opportunity to incorporate employment. That was not going to happen at CDM and I think this now answers my question why the heck did no Trinity School nab this kid? As a Sea King faithful this was always my concern, yet again as in most sports losing your #1 player as a public to a private. Would Rollo hire the Booty Clan as coaches or advisors? --:--

Seems the Booty Brand hit the lotto and as disappointed as I am I wish them the best. Honestly for the past two days I kept myself from logging on and simply saying "I'm done with high school football".

My take on the present and fall out,

I kept reserved on my real gut feelings on this board as far as Sunset. How many publics in OC or in the Sunset League could say the have three D1 kids at QB and receivers? The Booty, Humphries, Redman trio would simply carve up the Sunset League. And they may even still with Ethan Garbers. This kids abilities have been shadowed by the notion General Booty is the next J.T. Daniels and Garbers needs to find another school as if he would never take another snap in the wake of the General. So the one positive here maybe as stated, CDM can now focus on one thing as opposed to this QB controversy that has been brewing for over a year.

As much as I have been counting the days the see Booty suit up and take the field as a Corona Del Mar Sea King I did so with apprehension. Knowing a stellar year as a Sophmore would get too much attention and with threats of transferring to a Trinity, an Oak Christian or out of state. In reality a bigger blow for the program could have unfolded like this, Ethan Garbers transfers if, when Booty wins staring QB. Booty plays stellar transfers out as a Jr. leaving CDM with neither. This new era of high school sport leaves one cheering for team success yet at the peril that such success guts your program. Tough spot for the school and the fan.

Remember the verdict was still out on actually whom would be CDM's starter. Whom was actually better and whom was more ready the Sophomore or Junior? The Garbers family is obviously a deeply invested in their community, the kids growing up here and their son Chase a storied athlete at CDM. A D1 recruit by Cal. There is a lot of support for the Garber Family at CDM. I believe the mom heads the Boosters. So now the unknown has become the known. Time to get to work and I have no doubt Ethan will flourish at his role.

The CDM program is in great hands under Coach O' Shea. This is a program on the rise. The amount of local kids that want to play for him is staggering. Will Booty's departure hurt? Surely as stated, any loss of depth hurts, losing any D1 considered talent hurts. Moral, certainly the General led these Seahawks of Newport to championship heights. But we move on. CDM is offering one of the best high school programs in the county. They have moved to the Sunset. They are playing a Trinity. They have scheduled a public powerhouse in San Clemente. They are going after respect and are focused on being held in the conversation when you talk publics, MV, SC, LH and Ed.

My last thought on this story is this...., it is not just CDM that took a hit but all of Orange County. Some of you are possibly taking satisfaction in the blow to CDM, (Come on Sunset guys be honest!) but I can honestly say you are all losing an opportunity to watch a real good kid play QB here at home. We all lose.

TomDrake

Postby TomDrake » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:46 am

SK80 wrote:Source of the post The Booty, Humphries, Redman trio would simply carve up the Sunset League

I'm not sure how long you've followed the Sunset League, but no Sunset League team has ever "carved up' the league in football. There have been plenty of undefeated teams (in league) through the history of the league but nobody has ever "carved up" the league in the way CDM has in the Pacific Coast League. That includes some of the teams that have been nationally ranked over the years, all the way back to the 70s. Edison, FV, Los AL, HB, Esperanza have all had their day as top dog in the league and all had tough games during their reign. As recently as 2009, Edison was a top 10 team nationally ranked team and they played a close game against Los Alamitos that year (tied at half).

I'm sure Corona Del Mar will be successful in the Sunset League and will be in the hunt for a league championship year in and year out. But to say they would carve up the league with Booty or anybody is pretty bold. Since there has been a QB controversy that would mean that the QBs are close in their skill sets. So I'm guessing they will still carve it up a bit?

Trenchdad

Postby Trenchdad » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:18 am

No question Booty is legit, CDM next issue keeping Humphries and Redmond from going to JSerra. Don't think it's a real possibility? I guess there's no JS boosters embedded and influential in the greater CDM community.

The Port Street Poacher and the QOA Men's Club are on the prowl.

Navin

Postby Navin » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:52 pm

SK80 wrote: The Booty, Humphries, Redman trio would simply carve up the Sunset League.

Yeah, CDM will definitely compete for a league title, but "carving up" a league that has Edison and Los Al in it might be a bit of a stretch... Especially when you consider Edison had a frosh team (same class as Booty I hear) that only gave up 33 points (and scored 430 something) with a schedule that included San Clemente, Oaks Christian, Tesoro, and Los Al. As opposed to being relieved Booty is gone, I am pretty sure more than one kid on that defense is bummed they don't get a chance to play against him and see what he's got... But beauty of it all is eventually these things get decided on the field.

NotDonaldBren

Postby NotDonaldBren » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:18 pm

Navin wrote:Source of the post As opposed to being relieved Booty is gone, I am pretty sure more than one kid on that defense is bummed they don't get a chance to play against him and see what he's got... But beauty of it all is eventually these things get decided on the field.

It's not ya Booty, it's ya Beauty.

SK80 wrote:Source of the post AD of a Christian Private School that has just doubled its enrollment with a new state of the art campus just outside San Antonio Texas

What's the name of the school? Are the Permian Panthers and New Caanan Coyotes in the same district?

Cdm96

Postby Cdm96 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:07 am

The Booty’s are headed to Cornerstone Christian in San Antonio. The Cornerstone Christian Warriors currently have 32 players listed on their team. They were 0-6 in their league last year.

SK80

Postby SK80 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:52 am

Still scratching my noggin' this week on this one... :eh?: In some way I can't get WTF out of my thoughts and in another way I totally understand it. Once spring ball starts the frustration will subside. As the Sondmeister said "......

Sond_Grabers.png

So does CDM lose a beat? Does their league title chances diminish? I think all these questions are hypothetical as we really do not know for sure how good or how well Booty would have done as a Sophomore. Consensus was he was no doubt a top QB in the OC. At a young age Booty proved on the field what most projected for his future, great success. Garbers on the other hand had close to the same projection until Booty showed his stuff. Remember there is much spotlight on the Booty story here as well due to his family football ties. In a way Garbers was overshadowed a bit in the talk maybe not so much as on the field. I think most schools would love to have the QB issues CDM has or had. So for now it is solved.

@TomDrake and @Navin, no disrespect at all to the teams in Sunset. You can read every post and find none posted by me.

Saying that the trio of Booty + Humphries + Redman would "carve up" the Sunset is something I stated in my post here as CDM for years now with the likes of Peter Bush now at MICHIGAN, Chase Garbers now at CAL and even with a non passing QB type guy in Nathaniel Espinosa last year with STANFORD bound WR Tae Le' and LSU bound TE Cameron Prudomme did in fact carve up teams with the Sea King passing game. That trio mentioned is not only all D1 prospects but the receivers each @ 6'5". Just curious does Edison or Los Alamitos right now have a D1 Qb or WR's ? --:--

That said so to be understood was CDM's offense would carve up the Sunset and we all know that does not mean whoop, beat up, blow out and so on. There is another side of the ball. No ifs ands or buts Sunset teams will score more than any of the PCL teams did against CDM. And the games closer. If Los Alamitos has the "D" they had last year (sans Norco game) they could slow down CDM's high octane pass game a bit not not anywhere near what JSerra could do and CDM put a TD on them in every quarter and left the ball at the JS 1 yard line as the clock expired.

Looking forward my takes will be on the Garbers led Sea Kings not the speculation of what a Booty team could have done. I think CDM will be fine, the two real concerns are depth as there is no question having two great QB's is a plus assuming they both stayed and did Booty leaving cause any transfer to change their perspective whether in or out? CDM is not much of a "transfer" school historically especially "in". There was talk about kids wanting to join Booty whether that was going to happen I do not know. I will say for a small school like CDM to play with the bigger schools, bigger division and wider borders they will some how have to recruit some kids otherwise they will likely hit a ceiling as to how far they can go.

Return to “High School”