Servite - priorities

Daforno

Re: Servite - priorities

Postby Daforno » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:26 pm

7 years is effectively 2 full classes of incoming freshmen to Seniors.

If you can't win at least in the double digits, something is wrong.

Maybe Servite is putting all their eggs into Football, soccer and golf!!!

Accept it and move on, clearly the administration has!!!

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:35 pm

Beaty was 14-13 in his first season at Crean, and then averaged 24 wins per year for the next 4 years.

The OC Varsity story says he was a finalist for J Serra's job this year.
Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:40 pm

On the other hand, Beaty's Crean Lutheran team lost to Morris' Friars this season 51-41.
Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

frankieboy12

Postby frankieboy12 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:06 pm

wouldn't surprise me if the administration didn't like Beaty's interviewing at Jserra in the paper..

itsmyopinionx

Postby itsmyopinionx » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:49 am

Professor Fate, c'mon. You had to bring that up. :D I remember Servite beating them early in the year. They got lucky. Crean was 24-10 and Servite was 11-18. Of the 11 wins Servite had, only 3 of those teams had winning records (obviously Crean was one of them). Even if Morris goes, it's going to take a while to build the program back up just like the football program is going to need to build after the mass exodus in January. But, no better time than now to start the process! And frankieboy12, I agree that maybe that is why they let him go. Didn't like the fact that he interviewed for J Serra job.

cruiser

Postby cruiser » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:53 am

What is considered a mass exodus of players?

itsmyopinionx

Postby itsmyopinionx » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:23 pm

cruiser, I was referring to football when several (I think 7 but 2 came back) left in January because of the coaching debacle before Troy Thomas was hired. Losing those good players was very damaging. I guess the real mass exodus would be the 40 plus kids who have either transferred out of the school because of the basketball program or who have just quit but stayed at Servite over the past 3-4 years. Like I’ve said before, basketball can’t get any worse so why not start fresh???

TahoeCoachRCS

Postby TahoeCoachRCS » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:40 pm

I suppose it makes sense that the school will allow the new President to review the basketball situation. Any new hire at Servite would certainly want to have the new President as part of the process. No?

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:06 pm

itsmyopinionx wrote:Source of the post
Professor Fate, c'mon. You had to bring that up.
In fairness, Beaty and Crean Lutheran did have a 1pt win over Servite a few years ago. They even beat Bosco the only time they faced them, but were 0-2 against Santa Margarita.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:26 pm

cruiser wrote:Source of the post What is considered a mass exodus of players?

See Crespi under TT
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

frankieboy12

Postby frankieboy12 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:32 pm

itsmyopinionx wrote:Professor Fate, c'mon. You had to bring that up. :D I remember Servite beating them early in the year. They got lucky. Crean was 24-10 and Servite was 11-18. Of the 11 wins Servite had, only 3 of those teams had winning records (obviously Crean was one of them). Even if Morris goes, it's going to take a while to build the program back up just like the football program is going to need to build after the mass exodus in January. But, no better time than now to start the process! And frankieboy12, I agree that maybe that is why they let him go. Didn't like the fact that he interviewed for J Serra job.

Maybe that's who they should hire at Servite? I suspect that if his interview didn't hit the papers it would have been OK-or if he cleared it with the administration at Crean before going to the interview. If he told them and they fired him anyway-I suspect he wouldn't want to work for people like that.

Dailydose

Postby Dailydose » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:12 am

Servite basketball team would be much better even without a coach.

itsmyopinionx

Postby itsmyopinionx » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:47 pm

Dailydose, agreed. I'm absolutely shocked they haven't fired him yet after another 0-10 season. I thought for sure it would happen this spring. Hopefully the new president is someone from the outside who sees the wrong in this and gets rid of him then. Maybe Alan Clinton will be on the hot seat since he won't do anything about it.

Dailydose

Postby Dailydose » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:52 am

Hopefully the new school president is a basketball fan and gets rid of Johnny boy Morris. What an embarrassment Morris has been. Absolute disgrace.

itsmyopinionx

Postby itsmyopinionx » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:39 pm

Dailydose, fingers crossed. Apparently Morris already has several freshman playing varsity for summer league(Recruited by his helper Cuoso. Probably from Cuoso's sorry AAU program). I'm sure they are just tall kids he think will be good. Such a poor judge of talent....such a bad coach....such a horrible person.

Return to “High School”