How can this be?

cruiser

How can this be?

Postby cruiser » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:32 pm

Rasmussen reports,the only national recognized public opinion poll since
Gallup has quit polling, has Trump at 47% favorable and 52% disfavorable
in their current poll, is this a mistake?

Fordama

Re: How can this be?

Postby Fordama » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:25 pm

Who tole you that there was only one nationally recognized poll?
Here's another:
Last edited by John Q. Public on Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spammy link removed
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:51 pm

cruiser wrote:Source of the post Trump at 47% favorable

47%...And he won the 2016 election with 46% of the votes.
Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:15 pm

Trump's "strongly approve" number is at 29%, but his "strongly disapprove number is at 41%.

Not exactly glowing numbers from Rasmussen.
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

broman

Postby broman » Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:30 pm

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_ ... ex_history

Look at the history in the daily poll numbers. Trump has been as high as 50% and as low as 39% approval. The next batch of polls should provide a better measure of his approval rating.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:32 pm

Rasmussen is NOT the "only nationally recognized poll". Maybe the only one recognized by Trump or his PR channel, but far from "the only one".

FiveThirtyEight is one of the best data analysis sites on the internet and their rolling average of ALL national polls has him at 40.5% approve, 53.4% disapprove. Still surprising but much more accurate than only looking at one poll - which 538 incidentally rates at only C+ in it's methods.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/tr ... id=rrpromo
Link provided to verify the content of my post, not as a substitute for it.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Red

Postby Red » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:17 pm

Polls Schmolls! No Democrat will beat Trump in 2020! They have nothing to run on.
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:00 pm

As long as Hillary isn't running, Trump isn't winning.

The far more interesting possibility is that Trump's inability to organize and lead could lead to a Republican challenger in 2019-20. The truth is that Trump didn't even get 50% of the Republican primary vote--he prospered from the divisive early primaries.

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:09 am

Red wrote:Source of the post No Democrat will beat Trump in 2020!

I agree, but that's because trump won't be running.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:01 am

Fordama wrote:As long as Hillary isn't running, Trump isn't winning.

Wow, how times have changed. I remember not too long ago it was: As long as Hillary is running, no Republican is winning.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:30 am

Some said as long as a warm body was running, Trump wasn't winning. Hillary proved them wrong.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:36 am

You think she has a warm body?
Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:01 pm

Put in perspective.
Attachments
Trump Approval.jpg
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

cruiser

Postby cruiser » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:23 pm

This is interesting, no?

Monday, April 02, 2018

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Monday shows that 50% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Trump’s job performance. Forty-nine percent (49%) disapprove.

The latest figures include 33% who Strongly Approve of the way the president is performing and 39% who Strongly Disapprove. This gives him a Presidential Approval Index rating of -6. (see trend

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:46 pm

Again, that's only one survey. Gallup has him down by 13%. IBD/TIPP, down by 14%.

Gallup dropped their daily tracking but not the monthly one or whatever it is.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:31 pm

LOL. I had to look at Rasmussen's survey to check this tweet.

Yes. On this exact day he is ahead of Obama. Five days earlier, Obama was ahead by 3%. But, as I recall, this point in Obama's term was about when Republicans really stepped up their PR campaign against Obamacare and there was that little issue about his birth certificate.

And Rasmussen runs a popup window with Faux "News" running in it. Yeah. I should trust their results. :roll:

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:45 pm

Since polls are being posted showing Trump's favorable rising it should also be known there are other factors.

A recent Public Policy Polling found that not only was there support for impeachment at record levels. That more Americans trust the news media more than Trump. His claims of "fake news" are not having the effect he wants outside his core base.
Attachments
Trust More.png
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

cruiser

Postby cruiser » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:18 pm

Isn't this poll like six! months old?

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:21 pm

Cruiser, you weren't supposed to notice that. When you google as fast as Wabash does, sometimes things like accuracy and relevance fall through the cracks.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:44 pm

cruiser wrote:Isn't this poll like six! months old?

Nothing has changed much.

Recent polling from Monmouth reinforces that position from six months ago.

Trump less trusted than CNN, MSNBC, and Fox as info source

The Monmouth University Poll also finds that Pres. Trump is trusted less as source of information than three cable news outlets – except if you ask Republicans. Nearly half the American public (48%) trusts CNN more than Trump, compared with one-third (35%) who trust Trump more than CNN and another 13% who trust both equally as a source of information. The results are similar when Trump is pitted against the left-leaning MSNBC – 45% trust MSNBC more, 32% trust Trump more, and 16% trust both equally. The right-leaning Fox News also bests the president as a trusted information source – 30% trust Fox more and 20% trust Trump more, although a plurality of 37% trust both equally.

The results for the president versus MSNBC have not changed much in the past year (47% trusted MSNBC more, 33% trusted Trump more, 15% trusted both equally in March 2017). The pendulum has swung slightly but not substantially away from Fox News and toward Trump in that matchup (37% trusted Fox News more, 17% trusted Trump more, 36% trusted both equally in March 2017). CNN was not included in the 2017 poll.

It should come as no surprise that many more Republicans trust the president as an information source than either CNN (12% versus 75% for Trump) or MSNBC (11% versus 72% for Trump). But Republicans are also somewhat more likely to trust Trump (35%) over Fox News (21%), with 40% trusting both GOP-aligned sources equally. In 2017, 29% of Republicans trusted Trump more, 26% trusted Fox more, and 44% trusted both equally, marking a slight gain for the president in the current poll.

Return to “National”