The NRA seems to be on an Ad blitz

Vilepagan

The NRA seems to be on an Ad blitz

Postby Vilepagan » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:43 pm

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed the absolute avalanche of NRA ads appearing online in the past weeks? It seems like every YouTube video has an NRA ad and even this site seems to be riddled with them...seems like an act of desperation and I'm curious as to the cost to the NRA...any thoughts?

There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

cruiser

Re: The NRA seems to be on an Ad blitz

Postby cruiser » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:18 pm

Ya, interesting but their donations have increased tenfold if you listen/see
various media.

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:21 pm

Well the ads got Laura Ingraham, Ted Nugent, and Frank Stallone all fired up.
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:18 pm

You have now reached the point of diminishing returns. I posted this last week:
by Professor Fate » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:35 pm

It's been a long time since I've seen anyone so full of himself as David Hogg. :puke:

Now you see that I'm not alone. Those celebrities have felt the need to apologize. But You know thousands of regular folks feel the same way. The harder were pushed, the more we tend to "bull up."

Diminishing returns from here on.
Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:34 pm

Like I've said several times about these kids--nothing sets off old people more than young people who seem smarter and more capable than themselves.

Nice article in The Atlantic about these activists. They are by-and-large high achieving students like Hogg. We have driven these sorts of kids hard in school—much more so than our generation. Honors classes,AP classes. IB classes. The co-curricular and extra-curricular activities. All needed to get onto schools like UCLA. We’ve raised a generation with a great strata if these kids, and they’re stepping forward.

And they have the gun lobby stymied and resorting to name calling, lies, and other smear tactics. A great line in the article from a protestor was “When our children act like leaders and our leaders act like children you know change is coming.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/family/arch ... en/556682/
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:48 pm

Again underestimating us old people and middle America in general. Insult us enough and we get defiant. Diminishing returns.
Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:51 pm

Was that meant to be ironic, or was it an accident?

Ingraham, Nugent, Stallone, Loesch, et al, do the best job of demonstrating what I said.

broman

Postby broman » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:18 pm

Nugent made the comments during an interview on "The Joe Pags Show," a nationally syndicated conservative radio program.
"All you have to do now is not only feel sorry for the liars, but you have to go against them and pray to God that the lies can be crushed and the liars can be silenced so that real measures can be put into place to actually save children's lives," Nugent said about the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School students.
"These poor children, I'm afraid to say this and it hurts me to say this, but the evidence is irrefutable, they have no soul," he added.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/31/politics ... index.html

broman

Postby broman » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:24 pm

Professor Fate wrote:Again underestimating us old people and middle America in general. Insult us enough and we get defiant. Diminishing returns.

Trump will save you.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:25 pm

Professor Fate wrote:Again underestimating us old people and middle America in general. Insult us enough and we get defiant. Diminishing returns.

Hogg and the others will be here when you are gone.

Millennials will be the largest voting block in 2020. And they don't like the GOP.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:51 pm

Very true, Wabash. But what you ignore is that people get more conservative as they age. So these kids will be the Reds, Fates, Bicks , and PTGs of the future.

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:59 pm

But what you ignore is that people get more conservative as they age.
Then we die.

But aside from that, it is not an actual maxim that people get politically more conservative with age. If they did then there'd be no explaining the AARP.

It seems that maxim is more dependent on generation, rather than actual age.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:09 pm

There are at least eight senior citizen advocacy groups. Seven are conservative, and one is not (AARP).
Last edited by Professor Fate on Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Red

Postby Red » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:20 pm

broman, do you have a thought, or do you just rely on the left wing websites? I joined the NRA like millions of other Americans.
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

broman

Postby broman » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:53 pm

The moon doesn't bark at the dog.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:59 pm

Professor Fate wrote:Source of the post Very true, Wabash. But what you ignore is that people get more conservative as they age.

Which is 20 or more years from now. 2020 is almost upon us.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:40 pm

Red wrote:broman, do you have a thought, or do you just rely on the left wing websites? I joined the NRA like millions of other Americans.

I dropped out of the NRA--to join the vast, vast majority of Americans who belong to that sliver group. By the way, a lot of merchants automatically enroll their customers in the NRA for free when they purchase a gun--kind of inflates their numbers.

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:40 pm

Professor Fate wrote:There are at least eight senior citizen advocacy groups. Seven are conservative, and one is not (AARP).

They aren't senior advocacy groups--they only advocate for conservatives, not seniors.

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:43 am

Professor Fate wrote:Source of the post There are at least eight senior citizen advocacy groups. Seven are conservative, and one is not (AARP).

Wow. Apparently you view everything with a conservative/liberal lens. Do you only shop at conservative stores? Eat at conservative restaurants?
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:48 am

Professor Fate wrote:Source of the post Very true, Wabash. But what you ignore is that people get more conservative as they age.

No, what you ignore is that people change their minds about things as they age. Some get more liberal, some get more conservative, and some just get stupider.

So these kids will be the Reds, Fates, Bicks , and PTGs of the future.

Well, they've got a long fall to get there so it should be awhile. Why'd you leave yourself off that list, no chance you're going to change? Maybe you won't change because all your opinions are already spot-on eh?

Return to “National”