Gun Free London Banning Knives Now

Professor Fate

Gun Free London Banning Knives Now

Postby Professor Fate » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:05 pm

Having banned guns ages ago, London has discovered that Guns don't kill people, knives do. London's

London's Mayor Declares Intense New 'Knife Control' Policies To Stop Epidemic Of Stabbings

The police will now stop and frisk people believed to be carrying knives.

Khan announced Friday that the city has created a "violent crime taskforce of 120 officers" tasked with rooting out knife-wielding individuals in public spaces, and is pumping nearly $50 million into the Metropolitan Police department so that they can better arm themselves against knife attacks. He's also empowering the Met Police to introduce "targeted patrols with extra stop and search powers for areas worst-affected," according to a statement.

Mayor of London

@MayorofLondon
No excuses: there is never a reason to carry a knife. Anyone who does will be caught, and they will feel the full force of the law. http://www.london.gov.uk/tackling-violent-crime

3:02 AM - Apr 8, 2018

Strangely enough, Khan is responsible for decreasing the number of stop-and-searches, having previously declared the tactic racist and potentially Islamophobic. It's also not clear what local Londoners will now use to cut their food.

London has seen a dramatic uptick in murder rates, surpassing even New York City in the number of homicides every month since the beginning of 2018. It has some of the strictest gun control laws in the world, and, technically, knives carried "without good reason" are off limits to anyone under the age of 18.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/29179/lo ... ly-zanotti

Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

Vilepagan

Re: Gun Free London Banning Knives Now

Postby Vilepagan » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:07 am

Professor Fate wrote:Source of the post It's also not clear what local Londoners will now use to cut their food.

I'm unclear on something professor. Do you intentionally post stupid statements or do you just not notice?

You know, I'll bet that a couple hundred years ago London also banned the carrying of swords. Is that a problem for you?
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

joefutbol

Postby joefutbol » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:58 am

As if we don't have laws about knives?

This is illegal for you to carry in your pocket, Professor --

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:20 am

Rudy Giuliani sez, "Um, no comment."
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:48 am

Or these...

This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:02 am

I, for one, feel much safer now that London bobbies are going to frisk people for knives. Unfortunately, the United States is often late to the party. I'm sure we won't follow suit until some dude barricades himself on a top floor of the Mandalay Bay and starts chucking Ginsu's at the crowds across the street. Oh, the humanity!

cruiser

Postby cruiser » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:55 am

Vilepagan wrote:I'm unclear on something professor. Do you intentionally post stupid statements or do you just not notice?

You know, I'll bet that a couple hundred years ago London also banned the carrying of swords. Is that a problem for you?

Fate was being facetious, I guess you and the others didn't get it, geez...

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:51 pm

Right Cruiser :lol:

Many of our posters seem to have difficulty separating what the article says, from what I say. Perhaps that's my fault for not making it clear. Maybe I should put all my own words in Green, and the article's words in Blue?

I thought that line in the article was funny, so I included it.
Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:57 pm

Many of our posters seem to have difficulty separating what the article says, from what I say. Perhaps that's my fault for not making it clear. Maybe I should put all my own words in Green, and the article's words in Blue?

No, it was clear who said what.

I thought that line in the article was funny, so I included it.

And I responded to it, no confusion.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:59 pm

Professor Fate wrote:Source of the post Maybe I should put all my own words in Green, and the article's words in Blue?

Less annoying would be the standard English practice of using quotation marks, italics or indentation/quote boxes.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:10 pm

Vilepagan wrote:Source of the post
And I responded to it, no confusion.

Fine. Then in answer to your question, I will include items I think are funny, and it won't bother me in the least if you think it's stupid. OK?

Return to “World”