Michigan State to Pay Victims of Larry Nassar Abuse $500 Million

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Michigan State to Pay Victims of Larry Nassar Abuse $500 Million

Postby John Q. Public » Wed May 16, 2018 10:21 am

Three hundred and thirty-two women! How do you even do that? How can a guy molest more than one or two women and not be in jail? Surely at least one of them reported it. I'm dumbstruck. Money well deserved.

Don't look at me, I just work here.

Wabash

Re: Michigan State to Pay Victims of Larry Nassar Abuse $500 Million

Postby Wabash » Wed May 16, 2018 11:09 am

Wow!
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Wed May 16, 2018 1:06 pm

Women have to take some of the blame for this. If they had reported it in a timely manner, not only would this scumbag have been in jail years ago, but the number of victims would have been much, much smaller.

If you get molested, report it in a timely manner, not decades later.
Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Wed May 16, 2018 3:39 pm

Professor Fate wrote:Source of the post Women have to take some of the blame for this.

WTF?

What's next, blaming the victims for wearing those skimpy gymnastics outifts? Stand your ground protections for molesters?

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Wed May 16, 2018 3:48 pm

I've never seen a better example of taking a comment out of context. Congratulations on stooping so low, Omar. Not very effective either, since all the reader needs to do is look at my post immediately above yours. Probably what JQP refers to when he edits out unnecessary quotes.
Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Wed May 16, 2018 3:54 pm

Professor Fate wrote:Source of the post Women have to take some of the blame for this.

Seems pretty clear where your sympathies lie...stand by what you wrote
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Wed May 16, 2018 4:06 pm

I do. Can you deny that had the girls who who were molested early on during this tragedy, could have saved those who were molested later, by reporting the abuse earlier and getting this monster jailed?

My sympathies lie with those who were molested later, all because the earlier cases were not reported.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Wed May 16, 2018 5:06 pm

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're completely ignorant of the facts of this case and not afraid to show it, and not conclude from that remark that you're just a complete ***hole.

We're talking about innocent children vs. an adult predator in a position of almost overwhelming authority...please stop
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Wed May 16, 2018 6:49 pm

Omar Bongo wrote:Source of the post We're talking about innocent children vs. an adult predator in a position of almost overwhelming authority...please stop

Why stop him, he was doing so well. Seriously professor, you're so far off base with your remark it's almost comical...almost.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Wed May 16, 2018 9:10 pm

And it was the boys' fault that Sandusky abused them. Got it.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Wed May 16, 2018 10:14 pm

I don't see why this is such a difficult concept for you people. Nobody is denying that the abuser is the bad guy here. Next in the blame line is those who ignored the few girls who did report the abuse, and for that the University should pay big time. But if there were 332 victims over a thirty year time period, that's about 1 girl per month! There sure weren't nearly enough girls reporting this abuse, for if there were, they sure couldn't have been ignored.

And if I were one of the girls abused during the last ten years of Nasser's reign, I'd sure be angry at the earlier victims for not speaking out long before, because if enough of them had, Nasser would have been in jail long ago, and unable to abuse me decades later.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Wed May 16, 2018 10:35 pm

What do you consider "enough"? I assume it's more than "the few girls who did report the abuse"? What's the legal standard in Michigan? One? Two? Five? A couple dozen? 332?

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Wed May 16, 2018 10:48 pm

I don't know the number. Whatever it is...it's more than the number that actually did.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Wed May 16, 2018 11:05 pm

Professor Fate wrote:Source of the post And if I were one of the girls abused...

...you wouldn't blame other victims
George Will

Donald Trump

Return to “National”