Powerful words...

Vilepagan

Powerful words...

Postby Vilepagan » Wed May 16, 2018 6:59 pm

Rex Tillerson gave an address at the Virginia Military Institute today and he had a few words for his former boss...

"If our leaders seek to conceal the truth, or we as people become accepting of alternative realities that are no longer grounded in facts, then we as American citizens are on a pathway to relinquishing our freedom."

=D>

There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Professor Fate

Re: Powerful words...

Postby Professor Fate » Wed May 16, 2018 7:15 pm

Can you show where he is referring to Trump. Could just be the DOJ that's refusing or slow walking congressional demands to turn over files.
Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Wed May 16, 2018 7:51 pm

The word "leaders" was a clue
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Wed May 16, 2018 8:50 pm

Omar Bongo wrote:Source of the post The word "leaders" was a clue

PF may not consider Trump to be a leader. Who could blame him?
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Wed May 16, 2018 9:59 pm

A leader could mean anyone from the President to a cub scout den mother.
Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Wed May 16, 2018 10:25 pm

Now you're just being a big silly.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Wed May 16, 2018 11:13 pm

Professor Fate wrote:Source of the post A leader could mean anyone from the President to a cub scout den mother.

Either way Trump is covered
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Thu May 17, 2018 2:57 am

Professor Fate wrote:Source of the post Can you show where he is referring to Trump. Could just be the DOJ that's refusing or slow walking congressional demands to turn over files.

Could be he was referring to Vladimir Putin, but i don't think so. Believe whatever goofy nonsense you wish professor, but you're the only one who doesn't get what Tillerson was saying.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Thu May 17, 2018 4:38 am

Professor Fate wrote:Source of the post A leader could mean anyone from the President to a cub scout den mother.

The former Secretary of State is addressing graduates at a well respected military school.

Yup, must be talking about the leadership of Boy Scouts. Specifically Cub Scouts.

ROFL

broman

Postby broman » Wed May 23, 2018 5:42 pm

Senator Flake at Harvard..

“Our presidency has been debased by a figure who has a seemingly bottomless appetite for destruction and division and only a passing familiarity with how the Constitution works,”

“You might reasonably ask, where is the good news in that? Well, simply put: We may have hit bottom

“There are times when circumstances may call on you to risk your career in favor of your principles,”

“But you — and your country — will be better for it. You can go elsewhere for a job, but you cannot go elsewhere for a soul.”

Rule of thumb: If the only acceptable outcome in a matter of law or justice is a result that is satisfactory to the leader, then you might live in a democracy that is in trouble. If the leader attacks the legitimacy of any institution that does not pay him obeisance — say, the independent judiciary, or the free press — then you might live in a democracy that is in trouble.

Further to that point: when a figure in power reflexively calls any press that doesn’t suit him “fake news,” it is that person who should be the figure of suspicion, not the press.

http://time.com/5289380/jeff-flake-harv ... ent-trump/

Return to “National”