OC HS Top Football Committed Recruits Class 2019

OutOfState

Re: OC HS Top Football Committed Recruits Class 2019

Postby OutOfState » Wed May 30, 2018 2:54 am

Credo, as a MD supporter I understand your point but I have accepted that we live in different times. The school has not changed its mission in any way. Yes MD has had many transfers over the years and several high profile ones the past couple. However, I am pretty sure that just as many, if not more, kids have transferred OUT of MD over the same time period. I particularly don’t like this culture of transfers but it is what it is. I can say that last season’s championship was just as sweet as any of the the others.

NotDonaldBren

Postby NotDonaldBren » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:25 pm

Credo ut intelligam wrote:Source of the post Not one will even venture a mild "yeah, it's better if we didn't have to take other schools' top players..."

Wait, you mean how Servite pillaged other schools for top prospects for the last several years????

How could Servite have any players that have "earned their way up the ranks" when the remains of the team were sitting behind transfers who have now escaped The Sunken Place to transfer out??

Its not surprising Troy is counting on incoming freshmen like his son to at least win some games in August and September.

Wait here comes "Lionhunter" to inform us about how Servite never takes "good transfers," heathen non-Catholics or rentals :roll: ...

SK80

Postby SK80 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:26 am

Ethan Rae Commits to USC, when he knew & why
0026511-uqsv-1280x720.jpg

"Orange Lutheran tight end Ethan Rae began feeling USC was the right fit for him nearly two months ago, and Thursday night he announced his commitment to the Trojans.

“I honestly started to get a feeling probably two months ago,” said Rae. “Each time I was on campus, starting last year when I was at their camp and got the offer, I just had a different feeling and started noticing it each time I was back on campus. The feeling USC was the place for me just kept getting stronger and stronger.”

Although Rae had said he had planned on taking an unofficial visit with his parents to USC, he never made the visit public. TrojanInsider.com didn't know about the visit until he sent us photos from the visit last week. But that visit left no doubt in Rae's mind about being a Trojan.

”The unofficial visit me and my parents took last month sealed the deal for USC,” Rae said."

Good call by the kid from Anaheim Hills....!! My favorite line is "From the OC to USC"! :thumbsup:

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:10 pm

Wasn't sure where to put this...

MaxPreps has announced its list of Preseason All-Americans

First Team

Class of 2019

QB Ryan Hillinski OLU
All-Purpose Bru McCoy MD

Non-OC:
DB Chris Steele SJB
DL Kayvon Thibodeaux Oaks Christian

Class of 2020

QB Bryce Young MD
OL Miles Murao MD
DB Elias Ricks MD
DB Darion Green-Warren MD
DB Clark Phillips LH

Non-OC:
QB DJ Uiagalelei SJB
WR Gary Bryant CC
WR Johnny Wilson Calabasas
LB Justin Flowe Upland

Second Team

Class of 2019

WR Kyle Ford OLU

Non-OC:
LB DeGabriel Floyd Westlake
DB Max Williams Gardena Serra

Class of 2020

Non-OC:
LB Justin Houston Gardena Serra

http://www.maxpreps.com/national/football.htm

BBB

Postby BBB » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:21 pm

So Fumamatu is an interesting omission with the 2020 kids. He leaves La Habra where he was a MaxPreps All American and had recruiting momentum to instead transfer to MD. Now I’m hearing from MD parents he likely will not even start.

So my question is did it make sense to transfer to MD and practice against better competition to push yourself as a player? Or should he have stayed at La Habra where he would have done much better with stats and film?

I have to figure the move will make him a better player these next two years but will really hurt his recruitment. Curious to know other people’s thoughts.

Red

Postby Red » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:30 pm

Do you ever get bored worrying about Mater Dei?
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

TomDrake

Postby TomDrake » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:29 pm

BBB wrote:So Fumamatu is an interesting omission with the 2020 kids. He leaves La Habra where he was a MaxPreps All American and had recruiting momentum to instead transfer to MD. Now I’m hearing from MD parents he likely will not even start.

So my question is did it make sense to transfer to MD and practice against better competition to push yourself as a player? Or should he have stayed at La Habra where he would have done much better with stats and film?

I have to figure the move will make him a better player these next two years but will really hurt his recruitment. Curious to know other people’s thoughts.

I would think a transfer in this situation would expect to start, not to push himself harder in practice. I have no idea who they have starting at LB. But that's the chance you take when transferring to a national powerhouse... the grass isn't always greener.

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:17 pm

TomDrake wrote:But that's the chance you take when transferring to a national powerhouse... the grass isn't always greener.

Or sometimes it's greener, there's just a lot more of it to mow.

Senior Steele Dubar, juniors Jacobah Fuamatu, Raymond Leutele, Dean Neeley, Moses Sepulona, Nathan White and sophomore Raesjon Davis are all competing for four starting spots. And all of them are pretty good.

BBB

Postby BBB » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:34 pm

Red wrote:Do you ever get bored worrying about Mater Dei?

Weak post Red. I mean why would you imply that MD is boring when you’re such a staunch supporter?

The program is one of the top programs in the nation (if not the top) given what’s happened the past few years with what we will call a drastic change in player migration patterns.

Didn’t know you actually thought we needed to have our nose stuffed up Rollo’s arse like you do to post about MD.

SK80

Postby SK80 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:02 pm

First and foremost congrats on an Ive League scholarship and an opportunity at an elite education. On second thought Ivy league schools throw out many offers to top notch high school players whom won't choose to go there if the NFL is what they are seeking. Does anyone have a read on why such any early commit here by Bell before his senior season gets under way.... --:--

I am sure many will say the big time offers were not coming. So take the best school/education you can get now. Would have thought with all the talent brought into JSerra this past year you would see whats on th scholarship horizon... :eh?:
Attachments
CBell.png

Credo ut intelligam

Postby Credo ut intelligam » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:17 pm

Happy for the kid but he could have had the exact same scholarship offer had he stayed at Servite. Except now he quadruples the daily commute he had from Yorba Linda to go down to San Juan Capistrano.

Makes perfect sense.

BBB

Postby BBB » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:14 pm

Ivy QBs get to the NFL on occasion. Many are backups. A few even start some games, like Ryan Fitzpatrick, Jay Fielder, Jason Garrett and Jeff Kemp who led the Rams to the 1984 playoffs (for the old guys who remember that team).

hit the lights

Postby hit the lights » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:16 am

BBB,
You usually dont leave to be a back up. Funa was out so they (MD) contacted Flowe, that was a no go, then they hit up Fuamatu. The kids at MD had something to say about that. Mazzotta has taken kids back who have transfered out. Look at Cassados, who started out at La Habra, went to La Mirada, won a state title, then came back to LH his senior year. Kobah would be starting at LH and going both ways, getting that tape out. I'm sure he will still get reps, once the game is out of hand, in games like La Mirada etc..
Mazzotta gave Kobah anything, started as a freshman, etc..., never burn your bridges. :oops:

Return to “High School”