Trump Throws Hissy Fit, Cancels Eagles White House Visit

Omar Bongo

Trump Throws Hissy Fit, Cancels Eagles White House Visit

Postby Omar Bongo » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:28 am

Once again exposing himself as the little boy that he is, our president has taken his ball and gone home:

"The Philadelphia Eagles are unable to come to the White House with their full team to be celebrated tomorrow...they disagree with their President because he insists that they proudly stand for the National Anthem, hand on heart, in honor of the great men and women of our military and the people of our country. The Eagles wanted to send a smaller delegation, but the 1,000 fans planning to attend the event deserve better.""

Actually, the players involved with discussions about the visit said the issue of the anthem protests never came up at team meetings...the players who don't want to attend say it has nothing to do with the anthem, they just don't want to meet Trump. FTR, NO Eagles players took a knee or stayed in the locker room during the anthem this past season.

WR Torrey Smith: "There are a lot of people on the team that have plenty of different views. The men and women that wanted to go should’ve been able to go. It’s a cowardly act to cancel the celebration because the majority of the people don’t want to see you. To make it about the anthem is foolish."

Philadelphia Mayor Bob Kenney put it best:

"Dis-inviting them from the White House only proves that our President is not a true patriot, but a fragile egomaniac obsessed with crowd size and afraid of the embarrassment of throwing a party to which no one wants to attend"

Sad.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/04/politics/trump-eagles-nfl/index.html

Omar Bongo

Re: Trump Throws Hissy Fit, Cancels Eagles White House Visit

Postby Omar Bongo » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:32 am

Then White House Director of Legislative Affairs Marc Short tried to clean up the mess by hilariously stating that he was "unsure" who canceled on whom.

"It's unfortunate when politics gets in the middle of this," Short said. ROFL

You literally can't make this stuff up!
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:38 am

If Trump cancelled, it was a bad move. Nothing like writing off any chance to get Pennsylvania in 2020. :bonk:
Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:51 am

I was in Philly recently. I don't what the big deal is. It seems to be no different than any other large city.

Nice places, not so nice places.

etc.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:30 am

Professor Fate wrote:Source of the post If Trump cancelled, it was a bad move.

You not sure trump cancelled? If it was a bad move you can bet it was trump.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:23 am

It looks like the jilted prom date calling her boyfriend and breaking up with him. After she finds out he's taking someone else.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

SLK230

Postby SLK230 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:35 am

Hissy Fit? Really?

I agree with him 100%.
Thought for the day:
We are always hearing about how Social Security is going to run out of money.
How come we never hear about Welfare running out of money?

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:42 am

And Faux "News" joins in with a propaganda video of Eagles players praying. Watch for a retraction.

HA! Just kidding. Faux doesn't retract.

Don't look at me, I just work here.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:44 am

Al! Geez! Good to see you!

But you're wrong. :wink:

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:53 am

SLK230 wrote:Hissy Fit? Really?

I agree with him 100%.

More like a temper tantrum!

Good to see you alive and well in the soon to be hellishly hot Havasu area.
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

SLK230

Postby SLK230 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:11 am

Where is this? I haven't seen him say anything. I have only heard others report on what he said.

Thank You.
The view is super and the air conditioning works great.
Thought for the day:

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:20 am

SLK230 wrote:Source of the post I agree with him 100%

So you agree with trump when he said that people who want to come to the WH, or play football for the NFL must stand with their hand over their heart during the national anthem?
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:32 am

Screencap of the White House statement.

I'm thinking about the travel and hotel cancellations. Probably more than a few people out some money because of this. And it will be interesting to see how many Eagles fans show up for the afternoon of patriotic music.

SLK230

Postby SLK230 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:35 am

If you can't honor the country that has given you so much then you don't deserve to meet the president or to even have the job you do.
It is a small price to pay for the country that has given you so much.
Thought for the day:

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:37 am

But they did. NO Eagles players knelt for the anthem.

Hmmmm. Seems Faux deleted the tweet I posted up above.

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:38 am

John Q. Public wrote:Source of the post And it will be interesting to see how many Eagles fans show up for the afternoon of patriotic music.

Well, if there is a crowd and they don't drink too much, trash the place, and then get arrested, they aren't real Eagles fans.

Actually I think it will be more interesting to see trump's reaction if no one shows up to hear his music.

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:38 am

"The Eagles wanted to send a smaller delegation, but the 1,000 fans planning to attend the event deserve better."

So, no Eagles at all is better than a small delegation to the fans?

Sure. Why not?
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:40 am

SLK230 wrote:Source of the post If you can't honor the country that has given you so much then you don't deserve to meet the president or to even have the job you do.
It is a small price to pay for the country that has given you so much.

Spoken like a true believer in free expression. It's a shame that so many people are buying into trump's brand of patriotism, my way or the highway patriotism. You truly have forgotten the ideals this country was founded upon.

SLK230

Postby SLK230 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:47 am

I have forgotten?

You were the one (I think it was you or wabash) that said you could live under communist as it just a different economic system and was no big deal.

In fact that statement was one of the reasons I left this board. The other one was the Star Spangle Banner was just a war anthem and shouldn't be praised.
Thought for the day:

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:52 am

SLK230 wrote:Source of the post You were the one (I think it was you or wabash) that said you could live under communist as it just a different economic system and was no big deal.

I never said that. Most conservatives are clueless about what communism really means.

But to your point on the Eagles.

Ain't no better patriotism than forced patriotism. Right?

I'm betting those Eagles players don't see the country as having given them so much.

They worked just as hard if not harder than you.

I'll pass on living in AZ. I have a view of Catalina on a clear day. Hard to have that in Lake Havasu.

Return to “National”