I had NPR on the radio today.....

Tommy Tar

I had NPR on the radio today.....

Postby Tommy Tar » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:18 am

I now live in a upside down world when the host and guest on NPR's democracy now the war and peace report are concerned about the US cutting back on our military in South Korea and stopping military exercises with Japan and South Korea.

Then on the other NPR station the guest was reporting that after 12 years our college grads working in service industry jobs are finding much better paying jobs. Also the working poor and middle class are seeing bigger paychecks and they have a concern about inflation.
:bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:
Last edited by John Q. Public on Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: misspelling in the title

‘I Haven’t Seen Democrats This Mad Since We Freed the Slaves!’..... Rob Schneider.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Re: I had NPR on the raido today.....

Postby John Q. Public » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:37 am

These are mysteries, somehow?
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:55 am

Tommy Tar wrote:Source of the post Then on the other NPR station the guest was reporting that after 12 years our college grads working in service industry jobs are finding much better paying jobs. Also the working poor and middle class are seeing bigger paychecks and they have a concern about inflation.

The recession hit in 2008. That's about how long it takes to recover from financial disasters of that magnitude.

The Great Depression started in 1929. When did the US recover to its pre Depression levels.

Hint: Long past 1929.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

ShiftyMutt

Postby ShiftyMutt » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:22 am

It’s all temporary.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Re: I had NPR on the radio today.....

Postby John Q. Public » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:36 am

Can somebody explain this thread to me? The two stories Tommy posted are completely unrelated. Is it a problem with objective reporting? But it's under "The Economy" so I'm confused.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Re: I had NPR on the radio today.....

Postby John Q. Public » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:02 am

Speaking of NPR, and since the topic is so vague, was anyone following the story of the MPR racoon? For some reason, he climbed the side of the UBS building in St. Paul and was spotted by the staff at Minnesota Public Radio. He spent yesterday on a window ledge on the 22nd floor but the windows don't open, so their only hope was to put traps on the roof and hope he made it. Well, he made it and is on his way back to the woods in the back of a pickup truck with a fresh can of kitty food. \:D/

https://twitter.com/hashtag/mprraccoon?src=hash

Return to “The Economy”