Trump Putin Summitt

broman

Trump Putin Summitt

Postby broman » Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:29 pm

John Bolton laying the groundwork for American appesement...

Russian meddling in 2016...
"What President Putin said, through a translator, of course, but what he said was, there was no meddling in 2016 by the 'Russian state.' ... I think that's an interesting statement, I think it's worth pursuing. I'm sure the president will want to pursue it," said Bolton. "That's very different from saying, [in] my view, that there was no Russian meddling at all ... I think the president will have to pursue that further and I think that's one reason why he and President Putin need to have this conversation."

Crimea

“Is the U.S. endorsing the idea that international borders can be redrawn by force?”
Asked by reporters on Air Force One late on June 29 whether reports about him dropping Washington's longstanding opposition to the annexation were true, Trump said: "We're going to have to see."
Bolton said Trump often uses “we’ll see” to show “that he’s willing to talk to foreign leaders about a range of issues and hear their perspective.” “Well, we’ll see,” Bolton responded.
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/ ... -of-crimea

Red

Re: Trump Putin Summitt

Postby Red » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:07 pm

There you go again. The last administration didn't do squat except light fires all over the middle east, pay off the N. Koreans, and Iranians, and all you do is complain when a real President with a real foreign policy team gets it done. Have you responded to my question? Did you vote for Hillary? Do do you have an orginal thought or is all you do is cut and past liberals sites?
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:59 pm

Rich stuff from someone who regurgitates the Blaze in half his posts
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:20 pm

Contentious G7 meeting, contentious NATO meeting, friendly meeting with Putin. What's wrong with this picture?
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:49 pm

I'm thinking they'll need to upgrade to a Clydesdale

"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:12 pm

Red wrote:Source of the post and all you do is complain when a real President with a real foreign policy team gets it done.

Gets what done?
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

broman

Postby broman » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:02 am

Its coming....

CHRISTIAN WHITON (FORMER STATE DEPARTMENT SENIOR ADVISER)
We're not going to agree on Ukraine or Crimea, but the idea of pushing Iran out of Syria, of not focusing on displacing [Syrian dictator Bashar] Assad, which really isn't in our interest, finding some common ground with Russia in Syria and agreeing that we want to to push Iran out of there, and Bolton alluded that that may be on the agenda. I hope another thing is on agenda, which is oil exports and perhaps some sanctions relief for Russia.

The Russians will continue to try and influence our elections, just as the Chinese do, and just as some of our allies do, including the Canadians.
https://www.mediamatters.org/video/2018 ... sia/220581

... Maybe Red has a point...... We elected the guy who said in response to a question about Putin being a killer...
"There are a lot of killers. You think our country's so innocent?"

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:11 am

broman wrote:Source of the post ... Maybe Red has a point...

Maybe he doesn't. Red's idea of a "real president" is apparently a guy who insults and attacks our allies while he cozies up to Russia. So what happened to your anti-communist phobia Red?
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

broman

Postby broman » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:47 am

How did the GOP go from the Romney position which is more inline with traditional foreign policy to Trump publicly drawing moral equivalence between Russia and the USA, being ignorant of Russia invading Ukraine, seeking to get them back into the G8, lifting or delaying sanctions, etc...?
Red's not alone....

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:08 am

Situational patriotism. The GOP and many of its followers really don't care.

Watching conservatives go from "Better Dead than Red" to "Putin's a good guy" has been one of the most mind boggling transformations in my adult life.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:19 am

Am I the only one around here who realizes that the Soviet Union dissolved 20 years ago?
Don't look at me, I just work here.

broman

Postby broman » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:26 am

Remember this guy? John Bolton on the Russian invasion of Georgia in 2008

Russia’s invasion across an internationally recognised border, its thrashing of the Georgian military, and its smug satisfaction in humbling one of its former fiefdoms represents only the visible damage.

The United States fiddled while Georgia burned, not even reaching the right rhetorical level in its public statements until three days after the Russian invasion began, and not, at least to date, matching its rhetoric with anything even approximating decisive action. This pattern is the very definition of a paper tiger.

The European Union took the lead in diplomacy, with results approaching Neville Chamberlain’s moment in the spotlight at Munich: a ceasefire that failed to mention Georgia’s territorial integrity, and that all but gave Russia permission to continue its military operations as a “peacekeeping” force anywhere in Georgia
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldn ... -West.html

Not that Georgia Red. :giggle:

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:52 am

Looks right.
Attachments
36452978_2017931101552809_17655343538503680_o.jpg

Red

Postby Red » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:31 pm

I don't think I have ever read five minutes of the Blaze. Nice try.
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

Red

Postby Red » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:34 pm

Cozies up with Russia? My guess is, you are conveniently forgetting the little hot mike conversation when Obama was caught on a hot mic telling Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev that if given “space,” he’ll have more flexibility “after my election" for negotiations on issues like missile defense.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:34 pm

Then is must be a pure coincidence that much of what you say sounds like it came from them.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:37 pm

Red wrote:Source of the post My guess is, you are conveniently forgetting the little hot mike conversation when Obama was caught on a hot mic telling Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev that if given “space,” he’ll have more flexibility “after my election" for negotiations on issues like missile defense.

Typical deflection to the past. Hates what Obama did, but now uses it to justify Trump's action.

Keep in mind. Red once stated that he was trained to not trust what he had read.

http://occonnect.com/community/viewtopi ... 35#p373135

In the military we were taught to believe 1/2 of what you see and NONE of what you read! You really ought to quit defending wrong.

I've known dozens of people who were in the military. None of them ever stated they were told the same thing. Makes one wonder which military was Red in that didn't have training manuals that were required reading. Certainly not the US military. They have millions of manuals and procedures that require reading and adherence.

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:01 am

Red wrote:Source of the post Cozies up with Russia? My guess is, you are conveniently forgetting the little hot mike conversation when Obama....

No, you must be forgetting that we're talking about trump, not Obama. You must also be conveniently forgetting about the corruption already found in the trump administration (20 indictments or guilty pleas so far), and you're also forgetting about the number of people indicted during the 8 years of the Obama administration.

Red, your problem is that the facts just aren't on your side. While Obama was president you routinely referred to his administration as "corrupt" and him as "the worst president in history". The truth is that in the 8 years of his presidency only one person from his administration was indicted for a serious crime and that was David Petraeus, whom you might recall was a Republican. Yet no doubt in your mind Obama is a crook and trump is your savior.

There is little doubt that trump will be regarded as one of the most corrupt presidents it has ever been our misfortune to elect.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

broman

Postby broman » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:31 pm

These used to be called a hat in hand meeting....

The U.S. lawmakers are in Russia this week on what they say is a mission to try to help revive relations, which are severely strained, and observe how Russia's economy is doing after four years of Western sanctions.

"We come here realizing that we have a strained relationship, but we could have a better relationship between the U.S. and Russia, because we have some common interests around the world that we could hopefully work together on," Senator Richard Shelby (Republican-Alabama)

"I want to be able to meet with government officials, try to establish some rapport, talk about common interest, talk about common problems," Senator John Kennedy (Republican-Louisiana)

Asked if he would bring up the topic of alleged Russian meddling in U.S. elections, Kennedy said, "Now, I don't want to do anything to start an international incident, but I believe in talking frankly about these things."
https://www.rferl.org/a/us-legislators- ... 34313.html

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:18 pm

Five Republicans. They're going to need a lot of urinating hookers. :giggle:
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Return to “World”